Mitch's Accuracy?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he won't or can't get better...but we should know this year.

we should see improvement this year...if Nagy is everything he is supposed to be Mitch will get better....if he doesn't the Mitch is probably not the guy.

I think we saw a few things get better even week one to two.....I am encouraged so far.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is 69.6% inaccurate?

What about Rodger's 69.4% this year? Accurate or inaccurate?
The best year he had was 71.4%. Every other year is less accurate than Trubisky this year. If one season 11 years ago at 1.8% better is carrying over for him why don't all the other years at less accurate percentages? Like his 40% year? Rodgers has only had one year better than 69.6%.

Trubisky's accuracy seems fine. Bear fan accuracy at assessing young QBs is what seems to be questionable.

If the accuracy maintains in the mid 60s and his yards per attempt get up to about 7.5 to 8.5 that will be a promising sign

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He missed a couple of deep throws against Seattle. They were less about accuracy and more about how much gas he is putting on throws.

But accuracy is also about shorter passes. He throws accurate screen passes and swing routes, which is important to generating YAC which is key to the offense. He also throws accurate passes over the middle to Robinson.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Is 69.6% inaccurate?

What about Rodger's 69.4% this year? Accurate or inaccurate?
The best year he had was 71.4%. Every other year is less accurate than Trubisky this year. If one season 11 years ago at 1.8% better is carrying over for him why don't all the other years at less accurate percentages? Like his 40% year? Rodgers has only had one year better than 69.6%.

Trubisky's accuracy seems fine. Bear fan accuracy at assessing young QBs is what seems to be questionable.

Well, I guess numbers don't lie, but from my POV it's just frustration that guys like Rodgers hits when it matters and MT really hasn't since that game winner to Kendall Wright last year. God, only if he'd driven the team to win against the Packers last week we'd all be praising him now...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If the accuracy maintains in the mid 60s and his yards per attempt get up to about 7.5 to 8.5 that will be a promising sign

I think for now it's all pretty meaningless, too early to tell. Fans are looking for reasons to panic (some are making up reasons to complain).
Peyton Manning was 60% in his 2nd game of his 2nd year.
Cutler was 69.7% in his 2nd game of his 2nd year.
Rodgers didn't play his 2nd game of his 2nd year but was 66.7% the 4th game and 33.3% the 11th game.

Any great QB's early career would be treated the same by Bears fans if they were on the Bears. But they didn't have to suffer through those early years and only watched highlights of the good plays.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess numbers don't lie, but from my POV it's just frustration that guys like Rodgers hits when it matters and MT really hasn't since that game winner to Kendall Wright last year. God, only if he'd driven the team to win against the Packers last week we'd all be praising him now...

"It". People would be better saying "he doesn't have 'it' to be a QB". I never saw "it" with Grossman. I'm up in the air on Trubisky, need to see more.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
We have a defense that will keep this team afloat while the offense gets it together. Mitch is basically a rookie still and Nagy IS a rookie head coach. I don't get why the panic button is getting pressed right now

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
If he drove down to beat the packers and had us a 2-0, you'd have to blow the media and fans off his dick with a nuke. However, it wouldn't change where he is realistically at in this offense and as a developing player.