MJ Stats >> LeBron Stats

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
tumblr_m57pwbn6Eh1r5lrobo1_500.gif

The stat that counts more than the rest...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
if mj didn't stop to play baseball and retire early in 98 we would have this conversation.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
They're both all time greats. I could talk all about MJ's dominance or his continued PPG excellence over LeBron or clutch nature. But instead, I'll say:

One is 6-0 in the finals.

The other is going to be 2-4.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
if mj didn't stop to play baseball and retire early in 98 we would have this conversation.

Excellent point. We very well could've seen an 8, 9, 10 straight run. That Bulls team just could not be stopped and is, I think, the most dominant team in modern basketball.

Also, do you guys think there's any way in hell Jordan would've let his team lose 4 NBA Finals?? He could be playing with a fucking JV team and he'd still find a way**

**perhaps exaggerating a bit, but you get it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LeBron also came out of high school and while Jordan made the playoffs every single season of his Bulls career, they had first round exits for 3 straight seasons. LeBron has never lost in the 1st round. I actually hate the comparison to Jordan, as I feel LeBron is much more like Magic Johnson.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Excellent point. We very well could've seen an 8, 9, 10 straight run. That Bulls team just could not be stopped and is, I think, the most dominant team in modern basketball.

Also, do you guys think there's any way in hell Jordan would've let his team lose 4 NBA Finals?? He could be playing with a fucking JV team and he'd still find a way**

**perhaps exaggerating a bit, but you get it
I honestly don't know if the Bulls could have kept up season after season winning titles. A lot of people think if Jordan didn't retire in 1993, the Bulls would have won 8 straight. I don't think so. I think they win in 1994, but 1995 was going to be tough with the young and upcoming Orlando Magic coming at them full force. The Bulls actually needed that 2nd round defeat in 95 against the Magic to get the push they needed for the record setting 95-96 season.

LuvMyBears

Liked Posts:
I agree with you Scoot. Not to mention the toll it takes to make it to the Finals year in and year out. People seem to think that making it to the Finals is an easy feat when guys have said that you're utterly exhausted going into the offseason. Then you have to retool and train all over again and player even higher than the year before. It's work, especially when an entire league is gunning for you.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
The only reason that the Magic won in '95 was that MJ was basically playing the equivalent of preseason games to end the season. No way I see that team that got sweep by a driven & motived MJ beating the Bulls a yr early given the same circumstances.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
On a separate note, how many people are as big of a douche bag as Laimbeer?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It is no given the Bulls would sweped the Dream and Clyde. Akeem was ridiculous those 2 years.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only reason that the Magic won in '95 was that MJ was basically playing the equivalent of preseason games to end the season. No way I see that team that got sweep by a driven & motived MJ beating the Bulls a yr early given the same circumstances.
Lets just say I disagree.

Not to mention the Bulls likely still lose Horace Grant to free agency and thus are lacking at the PF position in 95.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
[video=youtube;FtKnm-Sf7t8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtKnm-Sf7t8[/video]

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lets just say I disagree.

Not to mention the Bulls likely still lose Horace Grant to free agency and thus are lacking at the PF position in 95.

Maybe. Both sides are purely conjecture. I personally think the Bulls win 8 in a row. I just don't think MJ was getting knocked off the top of that mountain.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Maybe. Both sides are purely conjecture. I personally think the Bulls win 8 in a row. I just don't think MJ was getting knocked off the top of that mountain.

every time i see your SN i can't help but think of Denzel in training day

"i run shit here, you just live here"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
every time i see your SN i can't help but think of Denzel in training day

"i run shit here, you just live here"

LOL, it actually evolved from something I said at a previous job years ago. I worked at U-Haul and I had a customer that was just irate, yelling at me about things I had no control over. After he finished his outburst and was looking at me like I had the authority to change the company, I just shrugged my shoulders and replied, "Hey, I just work here." One of my co-workers busted out laughing, the customer walked out pissed, and it pretty much became our slogan.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
LOL, it actually evolved from something I said at a previous job years ago. I worked at U-Haul and I had a customer that was just irate, yelling at me about things I had no control over. After he finished his outburst and was looking at me like I had the authority to change the company, I just shrugged my shoulders and replied, "Hey, I just work here." One of my co-workers busted out laughing, the customer walked out pissed, and it pretty much became our slogan.

yeah ive never understood why people get angry at the employees about a companies policy or whatever like its their fault...like why make my day hard over some shit i can't control?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Had LBJ played back in the 90's, his numbers and dominance would not be the same.

He has benefited greatly from rule changes favoring offense.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Had LBJ played back in the 90's, his numbers and dominance would not be the same.

He has benefited greatly from rule changes favoring offense.

So did Michael.

Jordan always had at least one other hall of famer to make it to the finals. Lebron may very well ned with something like 11 NBA finals. Some of those by himself. If the Cavs win, I think LBJ replaces The Dream as the best champion every with the least talent around him.