I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Meant why do the fans give a fuck? Everyone keeps posting the ratings like it should matter. 🤷‍♂️
well, i imagine alot of fans that didnt really care about these two teams just wish they had a World Series they were actually interested in watching

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
calm down baba, nobody said anything about invalidating it.

and as far as who would give a fuck....well, i imagine all the advertisers and other people that make $$$ off of viewership. MLB probably gives a fuck, as ratings matter to them. theres actually a reallllllly long list of people that would give a fuck lol
I saw a graphic that showed World Series viewership has continually declined since Cubs in 2016. Maybe, if the MLB didn't make it so difficult to watch a team/game it would help. Iowa is blacked out from SIX teams. SIX. Tell me how you're going to grow a fanbase if you can't watch one of the 6 teams that are in the surrounding states?

1699039672860.png

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I saw a graphic that showed World Series viewership has continually declined since Cubs in 2016. Maybe, if the MLB didn't make it so difficult to watch a team/game it would help. Iowa is blacked out from SIX teams. SIX. Tell me how you're going to grow a fanbase if you can't watch one of the 6 teams that are in the surrounding states?

View attachment 32164
blackouts are an issue in other sports as well. for example, i have the NFL sunday ticket to get the bears games. but if they are playing the falcons, saints, titans, etc...theres a good chance they arent being shown on my sunday ticket. so then they are a local game that I have to then have a CBS account that I pay for to watch those games.

the same thing happens when I used to have the MLB package...anytime they were playing st louis, i couldnt watch even though i have a baseball package.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
2005 White Sox have been outdone as the worst/most boring team to ever win the world series. Never thought I'd see the day!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
2005 White Sox have been outdone as the worst/most boring team to ever win the world series. Never thought I'd see the day!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Sorry. I'm not surprised a shit site that bans posters for talking about the Bears starting QB in the Bears forum also randomly double posts messages for some reason. Maybe instead of banning people for on topic posts they should focus on getting better software.
Everytime the boomers try to upgrade the site they crash it for like a week
@Rush