Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...t-mlbpa-concerned-about-cubs-lack-of-spending

According to Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, the players' union is concerned about the team's lack of spending:Sources said the union is concerned about how the Cubs' business practices are affecting player markets. At least one agent met with Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts this year, according to sources, to make the case for investing in the major-league team even as the club overhauls the scouting and player development system.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
“It was the same thing when I was in Toronto and the same thing when I was in Milwaukee,” Villanueva said. “Everybody wants to have money, more players, and wants the team to spend and spend. I don’t know where the dollars come from. I don’t know how it’s broken down. But it’s a valid question.

So now we're in Milwaukee and Toronto territory. :clap:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLBPA is always up in arms when teams don't spend.

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be shocked if this was some back room agreement that was a condition of awarding the Ricketts the team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wonder if its just a coincidence that their now going through with renovation....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Teams need a combination of farm system/drafted players AND trading for players/signing free agents.