Mock trade up for Wilson.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I am now a sucker for guys who led blue blood programs and played in big games.

One of the many scars Mitch will leave.
Scars indeed, but as you know, they can’t let Mitch affect future decisions on upcoming QBs. Different players obviously.

wilson has ridiculous arm talent, accuracy, and the ability to throw from any platform. The antithesis of Mitch. Those traits are there, small school or not.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would rather take Newman or Mills and at least have a chance at them becoming an above average starter.

I was really looking forward to Newman starting for Georgia this year. He's a tough one and definitely a risk but in the 3rd i would take that risk.

Clockwork54

Liked Posts:
I like your thoughts here, but I think Trask has bust written from top to bottom

honestly it will be interesting to see how guys like Jones, Trask, and Newman are viewed after the Senior Bowl. Trask seems to get an enormous amount of hate, I guess we will see if his doubters are right about him. He seems to be the enigma of this years QB class.

The Senior Bowl IMO is the best evaluator of prospects, they go through a week of NFL practice with NFL coaching and against guys with the potential to play at the next level.

The reviews these guys get from this week it will be very telling.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
honestly it will be interesting to see how guys like Jones, Trask, and Newman are viewed after the Senior Bowl. Trask seems to get an enormous amount of hate, I guess we will see if his doubters are right about him. He seems to be the enigma of this years QB class.

The Senior Bowl IMO is the best evaluator of prospects, they go through a week of NFL practice with NFL coaching and against guys with the potential to play at the next level.

The reviews these guys get from this week it will be very telling.

Are they still gonna do all the practicing with the NFL coaches like they have been doing with the pandemic cause they just took the scouting combine away from us because of it? I don't think Newman will be there will he?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just to ask, what would you give for Watson?

Serious question. If they asked for your 1st and 3rd for the next 2 years and Fuller would you bite?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Serious question. If they asked for your 1st and 3rd for the next 2 years and Fuller would you bite?

Yessir

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
There’s a lot of Drew Lock in Wilson. Not saying that’s a bad thing, I don’t see him being worse than Lock at the NFL level. He has a pretty safe floor, and a ridiculous ceiling..

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm always flummoxed by a trade up to a team that needs a QB as bad as the Bears do. If Wilson is as good as people think, why would a QBless Atlanta do this? Amazing.
It may not be cost effective for the Falcons to go with a new QB with Ryan there 2 more years. They can either use both firsts to move up next year for a QB, or simply stock up on cheap young talent during their “retooling” phase. There is easily a scenario where it would make sense to make the trade.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Watson is worth 3 1st rounders. Unless its Miami. They can give 2 1sts this year, and maybe a 2 next year, 3rd this year pr Tua due to high draft pick.

If I were Houston, that would be my choice. At least get 2 1st rounders this year, either draft a QB or take Tua. Funny that Houston will be getting their original 1st rounder. Draft a WR with second 1st. They could be competing quickly.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It may not be cost effective for the Falcons to go with a new QB with Ryan there 2 more years. They can either use both firsts to move up next year for a QB, or simply stock up on cheap young talent during their “retooling” phase. There is easily a scenario where it would make sense to make the trade.
Solid argument, could happen. Atlanta may also feel more comfortable with a full college season to use to evaluate qb's next year as well.

Clockwork54

Liked Posts:
Are they still gonna do all the practicing with the NFL coaches like they have been doing with the pandemic cause they just took the scouting combine away from us because of it? I don't think Newman will be there will he?
From what I gather there is no major changes, Panthers and Dolphins are the coaching staff selected for the game. Newman is on the roster.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wilson will end up the best QB in this class

My guess is the niners trade up to #3 to grab him.
Any draft pick traded to move up for any f these quarterbacks are wasted.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Any draft pick traded to move up for any f these quarterbacks are wasted.

Hold onto your butt. I think Pace and Nagy are going to try to convince ownership that they need a few more years to right this ship after they mortgage the future to trade up and draft the QB of the future.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Watson is great, no doubt. But I think people are overlooking not only the draft capital to get it done, but also the cap implications it would bring. No 1sts for this year and the next 2 years plus additional picks AND paying him top 5 QB money?

Fine, but consider the roster implications. You think the Texans roster was bad that he played on?? Shit. Super Bowl caliber compared to what the Bears roster would look like.

At least if you draft a QB you give up this and next years first (and a few mid rounders), but you have a QB on a rookie contract for 5 years.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Hold onto your butt. I think Pace and Nagy are going to try to convince ownership that they need a few more years to right this ship after they mortgage the future to trade up and draft the QB of the future.
If they were smart they would have sold George on rebuilding the o line and other holes while trying to compete.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Are they not mortgaging the future to a much larger degree by trading for Watson?