More apparent that Thibs is Lovie Smith and Melo could well become Jay Cutler!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It is becoming apparent that Thibs is a system coach who struggles with making adjustments. In other words, while he is a regular season monster he is flawed as a playoff coach when the adjustments come at a daily basis. All he cares about is defense. This article sums up Thibs perfectly:

http://www.chicagonow.com/bullsvill...saves-the-season-bulls-win-in-spite-of-thibs/

Thibs' stubbornness is making me long for the Del Negro treatment from Paxson. Not only are they missing Boozer's post presence but his rebounding in the 4th quarter.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He made some changes. Rested Pax, played Boozer and Dunleavy more and they responded. Surprised me with his ability to adapt to the moment AND rest Butler appropriately.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
huh? john paxson played last night?

Yeah he doesn't move too well but he knows the plays and doesn't turn the ball over.

I'm waiting to see what happens next year, with Rose and with or without Melo or some other FA or big trade to get a scorer. Then I'll judge Thibs on his playoff coaching.

At this point he has almost had to coach the regular season like the playoffs sticking to a short rotation because the end of the bench wasn't really good on both ends of the floor. But this refusal to ever play Boozer in the 2nd or 4th is making me think he gets stuck in his rut and he ain't changing for nothing. Last night I was thinking if Jo fouls out he'll play 4 before he puts Boozer in and it almost came to that.

My fear is Thibs is like Chuck Knox and Marty Schottenhiemer of the NFL. Wherever they coached they won the division, often had the best regular season record and then could never win in the playoffs. Neither was ever in a Super Bowl because they didn't adjust to playoff coaching. There was a point last night with 7:30 left when again the Bulls couldn't score and the Wizards had Drew Gooden at the 4 and Boozer would have had him for lunch. He could have gone offense defense a few times but no Carlos sat and they struggled to score and it was a tighter game than it needed to be.

When Gibson is hot and scoring, sure you stick with him but when he and the rest of the team isn't scoring, that's what Boozer does in the 1st and 3rd, put in him and let him get some shots.

Liked Posts:
It is becoming apparent that Thibs is a system coach who struggles with making adjustments. In other words, while he is a regular season monster he is flawed as a playoff coach when the adjustments come at a daily basis. All he cares about is defense. This article sums up Thibs perfectly:

http://www.chicagonow.com/bullsvill...saves-the-season-bulls-win-in-spite-of-thibs/

Thibs' stubbornness is making me long for the Del Negro treatment from Paxson. Not only are they missing Boozer's post presence but his rebounding in the 4th quarter.

You're actually complaining about both Thibs and Lovie Smith? Maybe you should be more worried about changing your diaper.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
You're actually complaining about both Thibs and Lovie Smith? Maybe you should be more worried about changing your diaper.

Tell me where I'm wrong instead of taking cheap shots, bitch. Thibs would be getting ripped to shreds if not for a miracle that should not have been necessary. His game management and stubbornness has been ridiculous.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Bad comparison. Thibs has been to the playoffs every year as a coach here. Lovie smith only went to the playoffs 3 times in 8 season. Lovie smith is a bad coach.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bad comparison. Thibs has been to the playoffs every year as a coach here. Lovie smith only went to the playoffs 3 times in 8 season. Lovie smith is a bad coach.

lovie went to the super bowl tho :shifty:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
lovie went to the super bowl tho :shifty:

Going to the superbowl doesnt count for anything. If he won one you might have a point. Even then there are a lot of super bowl coaches i dont consider good. Brian billick comes to mind.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Going to the superbowl doesnt count for anything. If he won one you might have a point. Even then there are a lot of super bowl coaches i dont consider good. Brian billick comes to mind.

i dont think you can cross compare sport success

but cjswan is saying thibs is only good at one thing and thats defense....but he hasn't really had any good offensive pieces except for Rose

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

My goodness. Someone really ought to take a look at Thibs record as a head coach and Lovie's. There is NO comparison. INJURIES not coaching prevented the Bulls from advancing in the play-offs not game coaching. Has he made mistakes? Sure. So did Auerbach. So did Jackson. So do all of the other excellent coaches in every sport. They are human. Lovie isn't a bad coach. He is about an average coach. thibs is much better.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
How do you compare a football coach to a basketball coach?

Lack of life experience. All the writer knows are two coaches, so what else can they do, but resort to comparisons as a primary form of thought. :shrug:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
How do you compare a football coach to a basketball coach?

Better yet, how can you compare a basketball player to a football player? Especially one that's a superstar and the other an above average starter.