More Coaches Join Flores Lawsuit

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Flores’s amended lawsuit, filed on Thursday, includes a claim for retaliation under the Florida Private Whistleblower Statute. He contends that his employment was terminated because he refused to intentionally lose football games “in violation of the Sports Bribery Act, among other laws.”

Because Flores claims he was a whistleblower, an obvious question arises. Did Flores actually blow the whistle before he was fired? Consider this, from paragraph 166 of the amended complaint: “Mr. Flores memorialized Mr. Ross’ desire to have Miami lose games in a December 4, 2019 memorandum that was provided to General Manager, Chris Grier; Chief Executive Officer, Tom Garfinkel; and Senior Vice President of Football and Business Administration, Brandon Shore. In this letter, Mr. Flores detailed the toxicity that existed within the organization and explained the unreasonable position he was being placed in by the team ownership and upper management.”

-NBC Sports

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
So unless your argument is the Cards had a talented enough team then it is pretty unprecedented they fired him after one year because the drunk white GM fucked up the QB pick.
Steve Keim has been the Cardinals GM since 2013. At the time he fired Wilks, Keim's record as GM over 5 seasons was 49-30-1, with 2 playoff appearances.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wilks has a tough claim. He went 3-13. The last Arizona coach to do the same was fired mid-season. Arizona has had two 3 win seasons in the last 60 years.

I think that the coordinator coaches who never got a shot at head coach (but yet had similar credentials) generally have a better claim than the coaches who were eventually hired as a head coach but were not successful.

The successful cases of gender and racial discrimination usually happen because you can show a disproportionate number of people getting promoted and a disproportionate number of people getting passed over with very similar credentials. Walmart got bit pretty badly because they were able to show the number of men getting promoted versus the number of women, and it was such a large number over a long period of time that statistically it would not have happened had every candidate been on equal footing.
I mean, part of the argument these coaches are making is that they are given shitty situations and don't get the chance to actually fail. How many black coaches have been hired for teams that aren't completely rebuilding? Tomlin? Can't think of too many more. Arizona just last week, I guess counts. Obviously, teams that are doing a complete teardown have more jobs coming open, but black coaches don't typically get jobs in situations where the coach retires or the coach has a good team but can't get over the hump. They're expected to make chicken salad out of chicken shit jobs like the Texans (now), Jets (previous years), Browns (previous years), Jags, etc.

It's going to be tough to prove either way, but it's pretty clear that there's some discrimination involved in hiring and firing practices in the NFL.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean, part of the argument these coaches are making is that they are given shitty situations and don't get the chance to actually fail. How many black coaches have been hired for teams that aren't completely rebuilding? Tomlin? Can't think of too many more. Arizona just last week, I guess counts. Obviously, teams that are doing a complete teardown have more jobs coming open, but black coaches don't typically get jobs in situations where the coach retires or the coach has a good team but can't get over the hump. They're expected to make chicken salad out of chicken shit jobs like the Texans (now), Jets (previous years), Browns (previous years), Jags, etc.

It's going to be tough to prove either way, but it's pretty clear that there's some discrimination involved in hiring and firing practices in the NFL.
Most NFL jobs fucking suck because its the same shitty franchises hiring new ones all the time. Good teams with good situations don't churn through coaches. In the same time the Patriots and Steelers have each had one coach how many have the Jets or Browns ran through? I would not be surprised if between them that number was above a dozen.

Seldom is there a head coaching vacancy for a job with actual good prospects. Ironically the most recent one to open up, perhaps the head coaching vacancy set up for success I can remember, went to a black guy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
From a legal perspective, that is why I think successful offensive and defensive coordinators who had multiple interviews yet never got hired have the best shot at proving discrimination. Because if they can show virtually identical resumes and a history of success at the coordinator position, it begs the question why they never got moved up. If I were Plaintiff's counsel I would love to add Bieniemy as a Plaintiff.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Really don't see how staying put and drafting Rosen instead of Allen is some kind of indictment. Teams mess up picks all the time
Not sure what the GMs DUI has to do with anything either. That shouldn’t be grounds for firing or not being promoted.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
From a legal perspective, that is why I think successful offensive and defensive coordinators who had multiple interviews yet never got hired have the best shot at proving discrimination. Because if they can show virtually identical resumes and a history of success at the coordinator position, it begs the question why they never got moved up. If I were Plaintiff's counsel I would love to add Bieniemy as a Plaintiff.
Whenever a large requirement for hiring involves personality, fit, and the like, not just pure qualifications, the only way it can be proven is if there is a SPECIFIC incident(s) that clearly show they were fired, or not hired, due to race.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
damn oversized tweets, re-adjust the size of them tweets @remydat
It eats the whole screen and message box.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bieniemys biggest issue is probably that he's been a sack of shit as a human in the past and it probably bleeds through when he interviews

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Most NFL jobs fucking suck because its the same shitty franchises hiring new ones all the time. Good teams with good situations don't churn through coaches. In the same time the Patriots and Steelers have each had one coach how many have the Jets or Browns ran through? I would not be surprised if between them that number was above a dozen.

Seldom is there a head coaching vacancy for a job with actual good prospects. Ironically the most recent one to open up, perhaps the head coaching vacancy set up for success I can remember, went to a black guy.
You would think it's seldom, but it's not as rare as you'd think.

This offseason, Vegas, Tampa, Miami, Minnesota, New Orleans were all jobs that opened up from teams that won at least 8 games. 2 of them were playoff teams, with the other 3 a year or 2 removed from the playoffs. All but 1 have a franchise QB in place. The only one that went to a black coach was Tampa, which had Bowles already on staff and is the most diverse organization in sports. Even the Bears job was decent being that they have a QB.

Last offseason, the Chargers and Falcons were 2 of the 5 jobs that opened with QBs in place (Eagles, Jets, Lions were others) and both teams had a QB. Obviously, the Chargers job is way better than any of those, but only 1 went to a minority, and arguably was the one in the worst position (Lions obviously have an argument).

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not sure what the GMs DUI has to do with anything either. That shouldn’t be grounds for firing or not being promoted.
It absolutely should be grounds for firing or not being promoted. And the point is there have been plenty of players and black coaches who have had those things held against them.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It absolutely should be grounds for firing or not being promoted. And the point is there have been plenty of players and black coaches who have had those things held against them.
Dude…Dante stallworth literally was drunk and killed someone in a drunk driving incident and was back in the league the following year. One DUI shouldn’t be grounds for firing and has nothing to do with the alleged racism claims. The point is bunk as all funk

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Dude…Dante stallworth literally was drunk and killed someone in a drunk driving incident and was back in the league the following year. One DUI shouldn’t be grounds for firing and has nothing to do with the alleged racism claims. The point is bunk as all funk
It literally does have to do with the racism claims because the claim is that he was treated unfairly by being fired for going 3-13, while the GM who hired him and put together said 3-13 team, had a DUI and got to hire his 3rd coach, which is nearly unprecedented. Black coach fired. White drunk GM, extended. All by white owner. THAT'S THE RACISM HE'S CLAIMING!

Like I said originally, which I'm sure is lost by this point, it's going to be hard to prove that this single incident was racism, but all of this works together....that's why it's a large lawsuit and not several single incident suits. So, you think it may have nothing to do with anything, it's quite literally a piece of the puzzle people are trying to prove is racism.