More PT for Kwit?

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
Nick K balled out against Minn. Dude was an absolute menace. We know he's a liability in pass pro but against the run and bringing pressure he's pretty damn good. He's an enforcer.

Do you think Pagano will start working him into action any more after the Minn performance? He had 0 defensive snaps the first two games, 14% against Washington and 57% last week. So does he go back to focusing on special teams and being our #1 backer back-up, or does Chuck start working him in a bit more, obvious run situations, a breather for Trevathan/Roq?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If Smith is in, I doubt Kwiatkowski sees more than 25% of the snaps this week.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No.

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
If Smith is in, I doubt Kwiatkowski sees more than 25% of the snaps this week.

25% would be significant playing time but it wouldn't surprise me. If we are trailing late and the Raiders go run-heavy I could see it. I wonder if they'd use him early on for either run defense or blitz packages?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
25% would be significant playing time but it wouldn't surprise me. If we are trailing late and the Raiders go run-heavy I could see it. I wonder if they'd use him early on for either run defense or blitz packages?
If Smith is a go, I just don't see it that way early on. I think Kwiatkowski surprised us all but he is not the better option no matter what is going on with Smith.

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
If Smith is a go, I just don't see it that way early on. I think Kwiatkowski surprised us all but he is not the better option no matter what is going on with Smith.

You're probably right but I hope they figure out a way to get him in the game a little. Even if it's 5% of snaps.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You're probably right but I hope they figure out a way to get him in the game a little. Even if it's 5% of snaps.
Its one of those things where you hope the starters take care of business and they get themselves off the field, providing no extra time to subs(Kwiatkowski). If they struggle or kill the other team, Kwiatkowski gets his chance.
That said, his fill in last week was awesome and a great sign he has improved IMO. He def. is a hard hitter, bo doubt.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, don't claim him off waivers for your FFT.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Do you think Pagano will start working him into action any more after the Minn performance?
No. If Smith and Trev are healthy, I don't see him getting any snaps.

I don't know if Pagano thinks Kwit is better at rushing the passer, or Vs run, than Smith or Trev. Is he?

I don't think Smith/Trev are given any breathers. But if they need one, I could see Kwit come in.

There isn't an obvious run situation, is there?

I'd like to see Kwit take a couple of Irving's OLB snaps, just to see how he does.