Morgan Moses, OT WFT available via trade?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Can ifedi be cut? I'd take Moses for sure over ifedi. An upgrade at RT and option at LT if Jenkins struggles.

someone would have to be cut to get him on the 90 man roster
if that someone isnt making money, someone else will likely need to be cut (or quickly restructured) to accomidate Moses salary
if ifedi can be cut (not sure since he was just signed as a 4.5 ish mil fa) but unless he has some sort of guarantees that kick in now, it would be a waste to cut him now vs waiting to see how things play out in camp and cut/trade after camp cutdowns in sept

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ifedi cannot be cut.

Moses, if he doesn't have a starter offer can come in and compete at RT and backup at LT. He would give the Bears someone to turn to at LT if Jenkins struggles or is injured.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears probably can't afford Morgan Moses (Well, they could cut people but doesn't look like Graham or Hicks are going anywhere). He's probably still looking at 4-6Mil on a 1-year deal, Id think. He's better than Ifedi, IMO so the Bears would probably have to move Ifedi to RG again and hope Daniels can play C again. I don't see them being on the look for a starting tackle. IF so, they would have kept Leno.

However, the WFT also cut Geron Christian. He's probably more of the Bears speed in that he should be cheap and would be a true backup/swing tackle. Bears have 0 NFL experience at LT on their current roster. Christian isn't very good, but he does have experience on the left side. He's only 24 and was the opening day starter for WFT last year before getting injured. He allowed 6 sacks in 6 starts in 2020, but still had a solid grade per PFF. So, I'm guessing he's a good run blocker and maybe got charged with a few coverage sacks with the bad QBs they had there.