Morgan Moses to visit Bears

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Seems like he's in a very similar situation to what Leno was in - still a guy who can be productive in the league, but needs to take a 50% paycut to be worth the cost. Judging solely by stats (no one watches WFT games) he looks to be slightly better than Leno.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Special Teams as a gunner.
Back in the day I had Keith Traylor returning punts in Madden and he was unstoppable. Put Ifedi in at PR!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious where the money would come from to sign him.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Yes it would be great if all of our FAs, draft picks, and other disappointing picks were good in 2021.

How often have I seen this happen? ZERO TIMES.

Man, I'm going to have a blast on CCS this season. I cannot wait for meatball posts during the season while games are actually being played.
I'm guessing when the Bears won the Superbowl in 85 you were complaining to anyone who would listen that Payton never got to score his TD while the whole city was busy celebrating.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is a very solid RT who can play LT, we need that.

We have a very average RT and no one who has ever played a snap at LT in the NFL on the roster.

Moses is a no brainer for us if we can get the deal done.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He is a very solid RT who can play LT, we need that.

We have a very average RT and no one who has ever played a snap at LT in the NFL on the roster.

Moses is a no brainer for us if we can get the deal done.
Moses is the perfect fit for us. I've been impressed anytime I've seen him play. Been a long time since I've said that about a bears OT

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Moses is the perfect fit for us. I've been impressed anytime I've seen him play. Been a long time since I've said that about a bears OT
He would be the best OT we have had in a long time.

That says more about the mediocre nature of our OTs than Moses, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You think I'm excited about the Bears handling of the tackle positions?

I realize this guy is duct tape.
2nd request:
They drafted 2 and dumped 2 guys you didn't like. At least they're trying and entertaining Moses today.

Did you want Darrisaw instead of Fields? Cosmi instead of Jenkins? Texas LTs have had questionable transitions to the NFL. Keep Leno? He's playing LT at Washington with Cosmi doing the unthinkable switch to RT.:rolleyes:

What would you prefer they did THIS YEAR?

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
2nd request:
They drafted 2 and dumped 2 guys you didn't like. At least they're trying and entertaining Moses today.

Did you want Darrisaw instead of Fields? Cosmi instead of Jenkins? Texas LTs have had questionable transitions to the NFL. Keep Leno? He's playing LT at Washington with Cosmi doing the unthinkable switch to RT.:rolleyes:

Stoked with Fields, would have been happy with Cosmi at 52. I do like TJ too, I think we could have gotten a more seasoned left tackle and not have to trade away so much. I am just happy they did SOMETHING before round fucking 7 to address OT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stoked with Fields, would have been happy with Cosmi at 52. I do like TJ too, I think we could have gotten a more seasoned left tackle and not have to trade away so much. I am just happy they did SOMETHING before round fucking 7 to address OT.
Good take. I actually like the moves as made. I think Teven will turn out more valuable than Cosmi and worth the extra capital but it's a draft and you may turn out more correct. Besides their primary position potential we also got prolific punt and kick returners which were real needs. Borom is a bit of a project but was going to get drafted in the next couple picks so the move was sound if you believe he has a shot in time. Typical Pace loading up on a position in need but this is more than just castoff bodies. Genuine potential this time and hopefully a vet like Moses.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
LT: Jenkins
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustipher
RG: Daniels
RT: Moses

That is the best OL we have had since the Super Bowl.
Damn that is a lot. I forgot that there was a time when our worst lineman was Garza (or drive killer miller, but I loved the edge he brought on game day). Thems were the days, y'all.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LT: Jenkins
LG: Whitehair
C: Mustipher
RG: Daniels
RT: Moses

That is the best OL we have had since the Super Bowl.
and if Jenkins has some growing pains, the TE can help the left with knowing that the right is covered.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curious where the money would come from to sign him.
We have $4m after rookies and can work out a multi with big bonus/guarantees. Ifedi is guaranteed but if his deal has offsets, we probably recoup $2m if cut.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I saw or read something that just 53% of 1st round picks sign second contracts. It was some shit like that.
True, though Pace's 0% bings the average down a bit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
2nd request:

100th statement: I'm happy with the picks this year; Stop pretending that Pace just starting trading picks to get his guy...and that it hasn't backfired before.

You seem to fall for it every time. Not me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
100th statement: I'm happy with the picks this year; Stop pretending that Pace just starting trading picks to get his guy...and that it hasn't backfired before.

You seem to fall for it every time. Not me.
Never said or pretended anything of the sort. You have an odd happy. Which of the 1st round draft picks that he traded away do you want back? That's what you said. That he didn't value 1st round picks. Then changed context after the fact. Of course he's had too many bad trades and cap decisions and you know I've already said that..

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said or pretended anything of the sort. You have an odd happy. Which of the 1st round draft picks that he traded away do you want back? That's what you said. That he didn't value 1st round picks. Then changed context after the fact. Of course he's had too many bad trades and cap decisions and you know I've already said that..
Don't worry about my happy.

Just know this roster full of "just a guy" is going to be disappointing the next couple of years.

I'm sure you'll be surprised when it happens.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a decent chance the Bears are losing Robinson next year. It would be nice to stabilize the OL before we have to remake the WR room.