Mortensen thinks McCoy is safe in SD

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Same thing the were probably going to do anyway. Promote Loggains. I don't think you can have Cutler and Gase both taking several chances to point out Loggains' effect on Cutler and then bring someone from the outside in to be the OC if Gase leaves, especially since Loggains does have OC experience.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same thing the were probably going to do anyway. Promote Loggains. I don't think you can have Cutler and Gase both taking several chances to point out Loggains' effect on Cutler and then bring someone from the outside in to be the OC if Gase leaves, especially since Loggains does have OC experience.

you guys all assume 1) Gase gets hired somewhere and 2) he doesn't raid the cupboard so-to-speak and take Loggains along with him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
you guys all assume 1) Gase gets hired somewhere and 2) he doesn't raid the cupboard so-to-speak and take Loggains along with him.

1) I didn't assume anything. Said "IF", as did the OP.
2) He can't take Loggains if the Bears don't allow him to. He can't take him as a lateral move to be QB coach, and he can only take him as OC if the Bears don't promote him to the same position.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What if Mortensen is wrong? ;)

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You do not want McCoy anyway.

SD is dead last in the league in rushing yards, dead last in YPA, Gordon is looking clueless and very much like a bust, yet he continually allows runs to be called against 8 man fronts.

He also allowed the hands down most laughable OL in the league in 2014 to go completely unimproved coming in to 2015. It was described best when Simms said Rivers is playing in a phone booth.

The Bears are damn lucky that McCoy isnt coming here.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping the Bears act like an attractive major market NFL team and contract McCoy to the Head Job when Fox is done.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Any OC hire will be in house.