Most Overrated Players on This Team?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Roquan would start on every nfl team..
Pagano is overrated. His defenses here have been great, they’re just leaving waaay too many plays on the field.
Where the fuck is the creativity or aggressiveness???

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Where the fuck is the creativity or aggressiveness???
They’re not crowding the ball carrier, giving up on plays, dropping picks, celebrating big hits instead of picking the ball up. Lovie is rolling over in his grave.
Roquan is a great blitzer. He had 5 sacks his rookie year. 2 total since Pagano took over.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller

He makes some great plays, but makes as many bad ones

Definitely over rated

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If it’s based on money Eddie Jackson

if it’s based on the fans I would say Allen robinson

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say Patterson, Cohen, Danny T (he’s peaked). Quinn is borderline.

If we are taking contracts Pace gave out, that’s a long list.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Smiths had a couple mistakes the past couple games but all in all he’s very solid in my book.
The problems in my opinion are offense and coaching...

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks. Just kidding. As for Eddie Jackson, I think he earns every penny. Remember the glory days of Conte? If not for 2 penalties, he’d have 3 TDS by himself this year. Dude is a ballhawk and a legit all pro S.

Id say Whitehair is the most overrated. He’s played with scrubs, which makes him look like Quenton Nelson. In reality, he’s an average IOL man.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
While we're in full Bears Bashing mode, who do you think the most overrated players on this team are. I'm thinking of players that most people/media seem to like, but the eye test seems to say different. I'll start.

Cody Whitehair - Maybe he's playing out of position. Maybe he got his $ and is taking it easy. Whatever it is, he's been below avg this year.

David Montgomery - Everyone "really likes this kid", but he has trouble finding the hole, can't improv when the hole isn't there and doesn't have breakaway speed. The bears oline sucks, but you get 10-15 runs a game, you should get lucky and break one or two at some point. His longest run thru 7 games is 23 yards.

Roquan Smith - The 8th overall pick shouldn't miss tackles like he does. Especially by avg running backs. He's quick and seems to have a good football IQ, but is he really playing up to what the Bears were expecting halfway thru year 3, especially with guys like Hicks, Mack, Fuller and EJack playing around him?

Before the trolls start, let me clarify, none of these guys are bums. But Im not sure they are as good as a lot people have been saying for the last couple years
David Montgomery never has a hole. It's impossible to rate him behind this line.

Roquan Smith is one of the best in NFL at not missing tackles, but fans here think he has a lot. Puzzling. Reading the opinions of actual analysts and those who palyed he gets high marks.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Whitehair, Daniels is the only Olineman I would keep and he is average.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What is a BHVWGHC and why are you putting it in like every thread?

I'm sorry, but BHVWGHC is fucking hilarious. Who came up with that shit?

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What is a BHVWGHC and why are you putting it in like every thread?
Not sure what he means, but I figured it meant "But He Was Voted Worlds Greatest Head Coach". Just my take on that acronym.
Edit: I see I was wrong. I stand corrected. Bald headed visor wearing.....funny stuff!

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Danny Trevathan is very over rated. Once upon a time he was good. Now, he is there for his "Leadership". He is so slow, it hurts watching him try to catch TE's.
He is in the running for the annual, Lance Briggs - Piling on and high fives given Award, though!

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
For me, it's easily ARob. He's not a dominant #1. He's not worth the money he's looking for when you can't get him the ball. If we give him more money that really hamstrings this team when we have so many other problems. ARob doesn't scare opposing defenses. That might be because of QB play or combined with his lack of dominant #1 WR skills. Who knows?

Muhsin Muhammad was right. Chicago is where receivers go to die. If I were ARob, I wouldn't even want to stay in Chicago. I really hope we don't overpay for him when we have far bigger problems.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hicks sure does get an awful lot of dumb penalties.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
On the defensive .....its nitpicking but ill say

RRH
Only because all the national guys want to ger cute with a nugget and mention his name as someone who jumps out on tape......but he really doesn't do much

Quinn
So far a more expensive floyd....oh so close with lots of "pressures"....but 1 sack thru 6 games is prob not what pace had in mind

In the Rams game RRH had a nice TFL and a blocked punt, so yes he jumps out, but I agree with you, he is only a nice rotational player. Glad he is here, but he is not really a guy I want to count on as a starter.

Agree on Quinn, he need to get home, not just close. The one thing he has done to at least show potential is two Forced Fumbles. However he needs to do more....