Mulley on 670AM: Should We Cut Forte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Anyone listen to Mulley on 670AM this morning? He had Pompei on and they were floating the idea of cutting Forte. Sounds like he has a $9M cap hit and if we released him - we'd save approximately $8M or so. Maybe a capologist could give us the exact numbers.

It seemed like Mulley liked the idea but Pompei was against it. The thought behind it is Forte is 30 and will be declining and we could find a less expensive running with decent production.

Thoughts?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Yeah we should cut Marshall, Forte, Bennett and Jeffery so Cutler has legitimate excuses again to why he can't get it done.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who do you sign?

If we dump everyone we would have like 60 million in cap space. But you have to use that cap space.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
this shit speculation is getting out of hand, you don't set yourself up to lose. I would be really concerned if this was the new coaching staffs thought process.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm on the fence about it. If Pace and Fox feel they would like to utilize a 2 or possibly even 3 back rotation, and they feel good about some other guys out there, I could see it being a good move. Especially if they upgrade the O-line. 8 million could go a long way in conjunction with other cuts. That said, it's also clear they plan on being more of a running team, and having Forte not carry as much of the workload and having another back to split the reps with would also go a long way. I could see the argument for both sides.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
we dont need the cap and we still need to field a team

Mitchapalooza

Can we cut you from the CCS Roster?

Last edited by a moderator:

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Anyone listen to Mulley on 670AM this morning? He had Pompei on and they were floating the idea of cutting Forte. Sounds like he has a $9M cap hit and if we released him - we'd save approximately $8M or so. Maybe a capologist could give us the exact numbers.

It seemed like Mulley liked the idea but Pompei was against it. The thought behind it is Forte is 30 and will be declining and we could find a less expensive running with decent production.

Thoughts?

down grading the team based on saving money is f#%@ing stupid!

And can someone, anyone, explain to me what evidence they have that Forte is declining? besides his age!

This is cuntarded blasphemy!

Mitchapalooza

down grading the team based on saving money is f#%@ing stupid!

And can someone, anyone, explain to me what evidence they have that Forte is declining? besides his age!

he just set an NFL record for most receptions by a running back. but he's gonna be 30 so let's cut him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Which Blockbuster FA signing are we shooting for if Forte is cut?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah we should cut Marshall, Forte, Bennett and Jeffery so Cutler has legitimate excuses again to why he can't get it done.

So im starting to figure out who enjoys posting about Cutler for no reason even when the thread/topic has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.