mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
'Are You Muslim?' Question Leads to Cabbie Stabbing, Hate Crime Charge

Driver Answered Yes, Passenger Pulled Knife, Says NYPD

By AARON KATERSKY, MARK CRUDELE and RICHARD ESPOSITO

Aug. 25, 2010 (ABC NEWS)

A New York City cab driver was attacked Tuesday evening just after 6 p.m. by a passenger who asked him if he was Muslim, says the NYPD. A spokesman for a New York City cabbie group blamed the attack on the proposed construction of an Islamic center near Ground Zero, the site of the 9/11 World Trade Center terrorist attack, but police said they were not aware of any link.

According to police, passenger Michael Enright, a 21-year-old from Brewster, New York, hailed a taxi at 24th Street and Second Avenue in Manhattan driven by Ahmed Sharif, a resident of Queens.

As the cab headed north on Third Avenue, Enright allegedly asked Sharif, who is of South Asian origin, "Are you Muslim?" When Sharif confirmed that he was Muslim, police say, Enright stabbed him multiple times with a Leatherman knife.

According to a statement from the New York Taxi Workers Alliance, which represents drivers, Enright allegedly screamed "Assalamu Alaikum," a common Islamic greeting meaning "Peace be upon you," before slashing Sharif across the face, neck and shoulders. Sharif also sustained defensive wounds to the arm and hand.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/muslim-qu ... d=11480081

Other links

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... olice.html

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/ ... -attacked/

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-be ... 82309.html

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]White Terrorism[/quote]

The odd thing - according to links in the 1st post - is that Mr. Enright was a volunteer with a nonprofit organization Intersections International, which promotes cross-cultural understanding and has spoken out in favor of the proposed Islamic cultural center near ground zero. He has also worked with veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder.

I don't know if he infiltrated the Intersections International, or just had a meltdown, but all the rhetoric being spewed right now couldn't have helped.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
My question is how did he manage to do that horrendous thing, AND post in the mosque thread?

This is the sad bi product of what they are doing.

They have the right, but it might not be the right thing to do.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="jakobeast"]My question is how did he manage to do that horrendous thing, AND post in the mosque thread?[/quote]

OMG This is the funniest thing I've read here all month... outta nowhere... Jako with the GEM!

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

OMG This is the funniest thing I've read here all month... outta nowhere... Jako with the GEM![/quote]

You're all terrible. This is where I que in the "fuck you" I suppose.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

You're all terrible. This is where I que in the "fuck you" I suppose.[/quote]

Nah nah I won't say anything else in regards to it. We don't need 3 threads debating the same thing :dance:

EDIT: I got you now... no deleting your post!

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Nah nah I won't say anything else in regards to it. We don't need 3 threads debating the same thing :dance:

EDIT: I got you now... no deleting your post![/quote]

Damn! But I could edit mine and yours! Everyone knows I don't say Fuck You, rather GO FUCK YOURSELF! Least anyone around longer than two weeks.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Damn! But I could edit mine and yours! Everyone knows I don't say Fuck You, rather GO FUCK YOURSELF! Least anyone around longer than two weeks.[/quote]

Ah, fuck you.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]We don't need 3 threads debating the same thing :dance:[/quote]

I debated whether I should post this in the mosque thread, but decided to post it in another thread because there's currently no direct link between this act and the protests in lower Manhattan, except for all the anti-Muslim rhetoric being whipped up by pundits and demagogues.

[quote name="jakobeast"]

Ah, fuck you.[/quote]

crying-smiley-thumb3352394.jpg

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Damn! But I could edit mine and yours! Everyone knows I don't say Fuck You, rather GO FUCK YOURSELF! Least anyone around longer than two weeks.[/quote]

I took a screen capture you sly bastard.

:twisted:

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Religion at its absolute most useless.

Moron:"Are you Muslim?"

Muslim: "Yes"

Moron:

426-braveheart--125664909309859000.jpg

If there is an actual god to the two religions(it is the same man/woman/thing) he would be just hitting his head against a wall.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

crying-smiley-thumb3352394.jpg
[/quote]

I'm sorry. I will give you a hug when I see you next.