1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Never heard of this game

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Never heard of this game

It's a new football game from 505 Games, the studio that's also making Naughty Bear.

It has some interesting gameplay aspects. I'm looking forward to playing it.
I was not a fan of the exclusive Madden deal, so I'm always hopeful that someone would make a football game that could get some traction.

No one will ever challenge Madden without a license, but you can still have a decent game.

I had hopes for All-Pro Football 2K8 a few years ago, but 2K didn't make another one. The Blitz games by Midway were cool. But that is arcade style.

We'll see how things play out with Backbreaker. They're taking some gameplay chances. You have to take chances if you want people to take time away from Madden to play your football game.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I liked the Blitz games...they were fun

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I liked the Blitz games...they were fun

Yeah, they were. I like the injuries. Then giving the shots on the sideline.

Buying "supplements" during the week.

Too bad the coverboy for the game is now an accused rapist.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
really? wow

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I got Backbreaker today and played a few games. It's pretty damn hard.

I love the running game, because I run more than I pass in Madden/NCAA as well. But the camera angle makes it cooler. I like being able to switch hands while carrying the ball and spin moves, stiff arms being on the stick is nice.

Passing is rough. You really are playing from the QB perspective because when you snap the ball, your trying to see WRs over the o-line. It would take some getting used to for sure.

Defense is tough to. Can always go for that big hit. I'm so used to doing it on NCAA, but when I try to do it in BB I've whiffed a lot of tackles.

The tackle alley mini game is fun. I haven't done much with the customization, but it seems like pretty standard stuff.

It's definitely different that any other football game I've ever played.
It's gonna be one of those games that people either love or absolutely hate.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Played the demo and wasn't a huge fan, just felt way too forced to be different from Madden.

I would say absolutely hate. lol

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll probably rent this game and see if I like it

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Played the demo and wasn't a huge fan, just felt way too forced to be different from Madden.

I would say absolutely hate. lol

LOL. that's how it's gonna be with this game.

But on the point of being different, that's the only way they can compete.
If they made a game like Madden - would anyone play it? No, we'd just play Madden.

So since Madden is king any developers making a football game have to do something so out of the box to give players a reason to pick it up and try.

Even if BB is a hit, I doubt people would make it their primary football title. I guess the goal would be to just be in people's rotations. Be talked about. Madden will never be knocked off as long as it has the exclusive license.

I will say this about BB, you have to stay in that pocket. I know Madden put an emphasis on it last year (and actually had an achievement for staying in the pocket for 8 or 10 seconds). But in BB you have to step up in the pocket because it's one of the few titmes you have a clean look at the field.

The first time I stepped up and completed a pass, I actually felt a sense of accomplishment. Passing is f'ing hard on this game.