My Justin Fields Prediction (not pretty but probably true)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hes not and to suggest he is based off Nagys bungling of that situation is ridiculous .

Nagy hurt both qbs by having them compete in a offseason screwed up with all the covid restrictions and then doubles down on that mistake by handing the job to someone who has been in decline for years .
LOL, How's Cam doing. We cut Dalton and he's got a new job by now. Maybe you didn't know this but one reason why Dalton got paid as much as he did was because Shanahan wanted him, but what does he know?

Nagy is doing exactly what Shanahan was going to do.
And just to reiterate, I have never been a Dalton fan but I understand.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Bears traded a lot of capital to get Fields and there is no top 10 Oline coming .

Not this year

Not next year

This is the hand Pace has dealt us and alot of people including him are now too afraid to play it .
Why can’t it happen next year?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL, How's Cam doing. We cut Dalton and he's got a new job by now. Maybe you didn't know this but one reason why Dalton got paid as much as he did was because Shanahan wanted him, but what does he know?

To be fair, I don't think Cam wants to be a backup QB. That's a lot of ego.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

yeah what does Shanahan know ? The fact is Nagys whole shtick seems to be WWSD in other word what would somebody else do . The Niners are coming from an entirely different place than the Bears .

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
then you associate with total bums because many many people all over this state love Andy and there are so many people I know from Katy who respect the Dalton family.
There are also thousands of families in Cincy who have the deepest respect and gratitide for what he and his wife did for the sick children of that city and their families.
So yeah, there are lots of people rooting for Andy.
You realize you can like Dalton as a person and still realize the team is more likely to win with Fields. Dalton I think is a good backup and can play well in a good system with good talent. The Bears aren't it for him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

The issue is Shanahan has a clue and would have put Dalton in position to succeed. Nagy will tank him because he doesn't know how to run an offense

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You realize you can like Dalton as a person and still realize the team is more likely to win with Fields. Dalton I think is a good backup and can play well in a good system with good talent. The Bears aren't it for him.
This. I really like Dalton the person. He seems like a genuinely good guy and if the Bears didn't have Fields, id be rooting for him. But they have Fields, who is the better and more exciting option for them right now.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Good point on Herbert.
I also agree on Burrow not being as mobile.
Disagree on the hit on AD last year. Yes the OL was horrid but the hit was a dirty hit while AD was sliding and the player was fined. Not necessarily a protection breakdown or sack.
I too watched that Washington game last year, and it was a OL breakdown. If AD is running it is not by design, play breaks down he attempts to run, he gets hurt.

Look, Dalton is a great guy, we all know that, and when Fields takes over he will be a great vet to bounce things off of. The fact is though AD has entered the journeyman stage of his career, a high end backup, but not much more.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
That is a great point. My thought is you wait to at least the midpoint of the season. That way Fields has seen some defenses do NFL-level adjustments (which he has never seen before) and the line has had a chance to gel (hell we just got our starting LT two weeks ago from a fishing trip!).

if the season is going well and we could make playoffs, JF’s appearances should be situational. If the season is essentially over then you play him full time. But only starting at game 10 or so.
If Dalton plays half the year, what the fuck you talking about playoffs? Bears would already be out of the hunt in that scenario.