Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
From what I’ve seen this is just not a A+ quarterback class. Especially from a 1st round standpoint.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Here's mine from First-Pick.com:

Round 2 Pick 10 (NYG): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU - Either plays opposite A-Rob, or replaces him
Round 2 Pick 20: Josh Myers, C/OG, Ohio State - Backup for C/OG
Round 2 Pick 26 (BALT): Jackson Carman, OG/OT, Clemson - RT from Day One
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYJ): Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida - Eventual Hicks replacement
Round 3 Pick 12 (NYG): Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota - Eventual replacement for Leno at LT
Round 3 Pick 19: Cameron McGrone, ILB/OLB, Michigan - Trvethan's eventual replacement
Round 3 Pick 40 (BALT): Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State - #2 RB behind Montgomery
Round 4 Pick 2 (NYJ): Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia - Developmental QB
Round 4 Pick 26 (BALT): Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia - Replaces Urban
Round 5 Pick 20: Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State - Help for DB
Round 6 Pick 20: Merlin Robertson, DE/OLB, Arizona State - Developmental talent
Round 6 Pick 34 (COMP): Nate Landman, ILB/OLB, Colorado - Backup ILB
Round 6 Pick 39 (COMP): Eli Stove, WR, Auburn - to push Ridley/Wims
Round 7 Pick 4: Obi Eboh, CB, UCLA - maybe a ST guy

If the Bears keep A-Rob and Trubisky, then the offense is improved. The A-Rob/Marshall/Mooney trio at WR will be very good, especially when combined with the Graham/Kmet duo at TE and Montgomery/Hubbard at RB.

Then, there is the O-Line improvements. Myers provides depth at C and OG. Carman replaces Massie at RT. Faalele is the developmental guy to replace Leno at LT. Maybe Faalele forces the issue sooner, especially with a power-run offense. 400 pounds should make for excellent run blocking, minimum.

Slaton and Stills provide youth on the D-Line, and McGrone, Robertson, and Landman should do the same at LB. I traded down for quantity... and given Pace's rep for finding late-round talent that contributes... I think it works.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Round 2 Pick 10 (NYG): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU - Either plays opposite A-Rob, or replaces him
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYJ): Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida - Eventual Hicks replacement
Round 3 Pick 12 (NYG): Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota - Eventual replacement for Leno at LT
Round 3 Pick 19: Cameron McGrone, ILB/OLB, Michigan - Trvethan's eventual replacement
Round 3 Pick 40 (BALT): Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State - #2 RB behind Montgomery

If the Bears keep A-Rob and Trubisky, then the offense is improved. The A-Rob/Marshall/Mooney trio at WR will be very good, especially when combined with the Graham/Kmet duo at TE and Montgomery/Hubbard at RB.

Then, there is the O-Line improvements. Myers provides depth at C and OG. Carman replaces Massie at RT. Faalele is the developmental guy to replace Leno at LT. Maybe Faalele forces the issue sooner, especially with a power-run offense. 400 pounds should make for excellent run blocking, minimum.

Slaton and Stills provide youth on the D-Line, and McGrone, Robertson, and Landman should do the same at LB. I traded down for quantity... and given Pace's rep for finding late-round talent that contributes... I think it works.

Only 14 draft picks?

Be better....shoot for 20....BE YOU!

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
1 BPA
2 BPA
3 BPA
5 BPA
6 BPA
7 BPA

Restock the roster and wait until the new GM and HC, come in in 2022, to find their own QB.
* I do not trust Pace to not trip over his "Conviction" and waste yet another draft. Or plunder the future to get "His Guy" again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why does OP like everyone's mock but mine? Stop showing your hatred and bias. My draft is A+.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The classic, awful keep trading down for 50 picks, message board turd draft. and OP likes it LMAO

meatballs.jpeg

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
View attachment 10155
A+ draft grade. Did it with max speed. Suck it, losers.

I really hate to drop a dislike, but that's too many QBs. We'd end up waiving some of them.

To be honest, if Trask is the best QB at 20, trading down can probably still pick him up, and the extra picks could land some other help at need positions like Terrace Marshall (WR), Jackson Carman (RT), Daniel Faalele (eventual LT), Chuba Hubbard (RB), along with some good youth at DT and ILB. I got Newman in the 4th, where he is developmental behind Trubisky/Foles. He does offer that running threat, as well.

Then again, if the O-Line's improved with Leno/Daniels/Mustiphar/Whitehair/Carman, you have a top 3 WR of A-Rob/Marshall/Mooney, the TE duo of Graham/Kmet, and Montgomery/Hubbard at RB... I'd say the Bears have a good shot at the playoffs, and making a deep run.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really hate to drop a dislike, but that's too many QBs. We'd end up waiving some of them.

To be honest, if Trask is the best QB at 20, trading down can probably still pick him up, and the extra picks could land some other help at need positions like Terrace Marshall (WR), Jackson Carman (RT), Daniel Faalele (eventual LT), Chuba Hubbard (RB), along with some good youth at DT and ILB. I got Newman in the 4th, where he is developmental behind Trubisky/Foles. He does offer that running threat, as well.

Then again, if the O-Line's improved with Leno/Daniels/Mustiphar/Whitehair/Carman, you have a top 3 WR of A-Rob/Marshall/Mooney, the TE duo of Graham/Kmet, and Montgomery/Hubbard at RB... I'd say the Bears have a good shot at the playoffs, and making a deep run.
This team needs the biggest QB competition the NFL has ever seen if they want to be taken seriously as a place where QBs can thrive. Steel sharpens steel. Keep the 3-4 best QBs and then trade the rest for 2nd round picks. I can see Chicago going from a QB desert to the place the rest of the NFL goes to trade for promising QBs. This draft just sets them up to get value long term developing all of the QB. It can be a QB camp for pros.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Assuming we don't trade any picks at all heres mine with this neat site.
ps I had too look up players and stuff since I am not signed up to look at there ratings and grades

Picture is down below

Pretty heavy on the O-Line - there is a need for a starting ILB to replace Trevethan, a young DT as an eventual replacement for Hicks, and while Darby does look nice, I like the idea of Marshall, especially opposite A-Rob, essentially bumping Mooney to the third WR spot.

I have two tackles who are "my" guys at this point: Jackson Carman, an instant replacement for Massie at RT, and Daniel Faalele, who I see as the eventual replacement for Leno at LT in a year or two. Both are monsters - Carman's 6'6", 345, Faalele's 6'8", 400 (No, Faalele's weight is NOT a typo), which will really help with the power run game that did well late in the season.

I get Myers to add depth to the interior O-Line, and that lets Bars back up the guard and tackle spots.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This team needs the biggest QB competition the NFL has ever seen if they want to be taken seriously as a place where QBs can thrive. Steel sharpens steel. Keep the 3-4 best QBs and then trade the rest for 2nd round picks. I can see Chicago going from a QB desert to the place the rest of the NFL goes to trade for promising QBs. This draft just sets them up to get value long term developing all of the QB. It can be a QB camp for pros.

Honestly, whilst it is "unorthodox" it does make up for years of Ryan Pace whomst said he would be "drafting a qb every year," so as long as it isn't all white QBs he selects, I'm okay with giving him another shot as GM.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honestly, whilst it is "unorthodox" it does make up for years of Ryan Pace whomst said he would be "drafting a qb every year," so as long as it isn't all white QBs he selects, I'm okay with giving him another shot as GM.
Exactly. Showing true deciation towards a plan of QB acquisition and development. Wouldn't be surprised to see other teams follow if it happened.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

Don't know if you can get 2nd round picks for all of them. I can see the logic of one or two picks - a starter, a developmental guy, or both. But not six.

If Lance slips to 20, great, take him. But in the second, try to get Terrace Marshall - especially if A-Rob walks. Trading down could get picks for OT help - my guys at that spot have been Jackson Carman and Daniel Faalele - and some other drafts I've seen on this thread get one or the other. In one sense Chuba Hubbard as the #2 RB is gravy, and I still get Newman as a developmental QB.

But the defense also needs help: Trevethan is old, and not the reliable partner on the inside that Roquon Smith needs. My mock not only gets Roquon that partner, I find a Kwitkowski-type backup in Nate Landman. Akeem Hicks is getting older- imagine Taderrell Slaton replacing him, and I have Dante Stills as a backup end for pass-rush situations.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
OK, took a whack with the PFF mock.

I did my trade-down bit... and I came away with not a bad draft at all, I think.

Bateman at WR to join A-Rob and Mooney...

Carman and Faalele, my next RT and future LT...

Patrick Surtain II fell to 83... so I grabbed him (Fuller AND Johnson AND Surtain = coverage sacks).

Zaven Collins might be that guy we need next to Roquon.

Newman's drafted for development, then I got guys who slipped, bit time.

Toney slipped to 154 - so I got him (see you Anthony Miller)

Trey Smith slipped a bit, so I picked him up. Means Daniels becomes the primary C/G backup. Could do worse.

Jalen Mayfield slipped to 225. Could make things interesting on the O-Line. Massie is definitely gone, and I may chop Leno as well.

1612374372906.png

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
OK, took a whack with the PFF mock.

I did my trade-down bit... and I came away with not a bad draft at all, I think.

Bateman at WR to join A-Rob and Mooney...

Carman and Faalele, my next RT and future LT...

Patrick Surtain II fell to 83... so I grabbed him (Fuller AND Johnson AND Surtain = coverage sacks).

Zaven Collins might be that guy we need next to Roquon.

Newman's drafted for development, then I got guys who slipped, bit time.

Toney slipped to 154 - so I got him (see you Anthony Miller)

Trey Smith slipped a bit, so I picked him up. Means Daniels becomes the primary C/G backup. Could do worse.

Jalen Mayfield slipped to 225. Could make things interesting on the O-Line. Massie is definitely gone, and I may chop Leno as well.

View attachment 10180
Are you serious?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Are you serious?

Quite.

In some ways, this is a draft that gives the Bears options.

There's a lot of youth on the O-Line... Massie would definitely be gone. Mayfield slipping the way he did this draft... well, he may take that frustration out on opposing D-Lines. Carman and Faalele have been my guys, but to add Smith and Mayfield adds all sorts of wonderful options.

Bateman's a good outside WR, and with Toney slipping, that's two first-round talents. If A-Rob stays, they join him and Mooney. Or, A-Rob walks, and I still have three darn good wideouts.

And opposing teams going with three wideout will have fits against Fuller, Johnson, AND Surtain. Or we can deal Fuller to get draft capital/cap space.

Plus Zevan Collins replacing Trevethan. Or maybe he bumps Quinn...

You have Newman as a developmental QB to be mentored by Foles. These weapons should be enough so that Trubisky can hold the line for a bit (his value isn't just for the decent play he provides, it's also because Newman's physical skills are better for a similar power-running offense).

Again, look at some of the folks who slipped in the draft.

I see the depth chart breaking down like this after this draft:
QB: Trubisky, Foles, Newman
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen
WR1: A-Rob, Toney, Wims
WR2: Bateman, Mooney, Patterson
TE: Graham, Kmet, Horsted
LT: Leno, Mayfield, Faalele
LG: Daniels, Bars, Smith
C: Mustiphar, Daniels
RG: Whitehair, Bars, Smith
RT: Carman, Bars, Faalele

DE: Nichols, Onwuzurike, Edwards
DT: Hicks, Togiai
NT: Goldman, Robertson-Harris
OLB: Mack, Weaver
ILB: Smith, Britt, Woods
ILB: Collins, Britt, Iylegbuniwe
OLB: Quinn, Vaughters
CB: Fuller, Surtain, Vindor
CB: Johnson, Shelley, Vindor
FS: Jackson, McManus
SS: Bush, Houston-Carson

K: Santos
P: O'Donnell
Holder: Newman
LS: Scales
KR: Patterson, Cohen, Toney, Mooney
PR: Cohen, Patterson, Toney, Mooney

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Quite.

In some ways, this is a draft that gives the Bears options.

There's a lot of youth on the O-Line... Massie would definitely be gone. Mayfield slipping the way he did this draft... well, he may take that frustration out on opposing D-Lines. Carman and Faalele have been my guys, but to add Smith and Mayfield adds all sorts of wonderful options.

Bateman's a good outside WR, and with Toney slipping, that's two first-round talents. If A-Rob stays, they join him and Mooney. Or, A-Rob walks, and I still have three darn good wideouts.

And opposing teams going with three wideout will have fits against Fuller, Johnson, AND Surtain. Or we can deal Fuller to get draft capital/cap space.

Plus Zevan Collins replacing Trevethan. Or maybe he bumps Quinn...

You have Newman as a developmental QB to be mentored by Foles. These weapons should be enough so that Trubisky can hold the line for a bit (his value isn't just for the decent play he provides, it's also because Newman's physical skills are better for a similar power-running offense).

Again, look at some of the folks who slipped in the draft.

I see the depth chart breaking down like this after this draft:
QB: Trubisky, Foles, Newman
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen
WR1: A-Rob, Toney, Wims
WR2: Bateman, Mooney, Patterson
TE: Graham, Kmet, Horsted
LT: Leno, Mayfield, Faalele
LG: Daniels, Bars, Smith
C: Mustiphar, Daniels
RG: Whitehair, Bars, Smith
RT: Carman, Bars, Faalele

DE: Nichols, Onwuzurike, Edwards
DT: Hicks, Togiai
NT: Goldman, Robertson-Harris
OLB: Mack, Weaver
ILB: Smith, Britt, Woods
ILB: Collins, Britt, Iylegbuniwe
OLB: Quinn, Vaughters
CB: Fuller, Surtain, Vindor
CB: Johnson, Shelley, Vindor
FS: Jackson, McManus
SS: Bush, Houston-Carson

K: Santos
P: O'Donnell
Holder: Newman
LS: Scales
KR: Patterson, Cohen, Toney, Mooney
PR: Cohen, Patterson, Toney, Mooney

I think he's talking about how unrealistic it is for most of those players to drop anywhere close to where you got them.