my Oline fix

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My oline fix is more realistic as I don't even care about the lineup .... BETTER PLAY CALLING, PROGRESSION AND INTERNAL CLOCK. Improvements here and success will follow.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about we call run plays slants and middle TE routes against a cover 2 with LBs that can't cover and safeties with deep drops. Maybe even help our lineman on 3rd and long. We had a lot of problems that game but the O playcalling was really shit. Cutler didn't switch out and take what was there enough either. Oline sucked but it could easily have been mitigated. Why we didn't pound early against a sucky run D to pull the safeties off of doubles is beyond me.

ChitownFlyers

Liked Posts:
Webb is trash.

Spencer sucks.

Garza is getting older.

Louis just doesn't have it.

Carimi is pretty good.

Talent is the main issue here and all that being said I'm tired of seeing Tice playction without establishing the run first.

ChitownFlyers

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling we will beat up on the lower teams but unless there are some major changes in playcalling ( that means time for lovie to get of the fucking bus runing ) and we establish the run and then throw we will struggle against top defenses with a pass rush and a decent back end.

Still a play-off team but why the hell have Forte and Bush if you don't want to evebn try to run the ball.

Tice is Trash right now.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling we will beat up on the lower teams but unless there are some major changes in playcalling ( that means time for lovie to get of the fucking bus runing ) and we establish the run and then throw we will struggle against top defenses with a pass rush and a decent back end.

Still a play-off team but why the hell have Forte and Bush if you don't want to evebn try to run the ball.

Tice is Trash right now.

That's just it right there ^^ we're gonna need to get off the bus running ...

discplayer

Liked Posts:
not mckinney. scott maybe on the LT and possibly work in brown. spencer is a center. dunno why they have him at guard anyways. garza was a guard, n would probably be better there.scott/brown,williams,spencer,garza,carimi now that might work better, but who knows. don't forget, carimi was a LT in college.

AMEN to that! they signed Spencer when they knew they were going to move on from Olin. but since Angelo was doing his Angelo idiotic idiocy, they didn't end up signing Spencer until late in pre-season, so had to go w/plan C, putting Garza at Center, which was only supposed to be a stop gap until Spencer (who actually played the position in Seattle, and just fine, too) could learn the playbook. it was thought that the schemes between Chi and Sea were similar enough that that would not take long.

and since Garza has played his entire career at G (save for a couple emergency snaps when injuries forced him to at ATL), it made sense too much sense to put these two in their natural positions... but then, we know all to well how Lovie and his staff(s) love to put players in odd and unfamiliar positions (see Kellen Davis and how that's worked out! that dude should be a DE, like he was the vast majority of his time at MSU... he might even be a much better DE than TE, but we'll never know!).

so, while i get that once we got into last season w/Spencer and Garza out of position, that perhaps it was too late to make the switch, they could have done so during this off-season/camp/pre-season. Spencer is bigger than Garza, too, which would add size to the C position.

but in my opinion, we should have moved Spencer to C, and play Edwin Williams or even C. Williams at LG and kick Garza to the bench, or even RG. but for cryin' out loud, Spencer was a decent C at Seattle, and that is actually his position... this coaching staff makes no sense sometimes, actually oftentimes!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no doubt the game plan sucked. But part of the blame goes to the inconsistent play of the OL.

Mike Tice probably looked at the Colts film and saw the line played well and created a game plan based on that, not adjusting at halftime is on Tice.

I think that the discussion of Carimi to LT has to happen and we can then put one of the scrubs at RT where we can mitigate the damage a bit.

I know continuity and time are important, but they will not make guys more talented and what we saw on Thursday was guys just getting beat up by better players.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Plus if Carimi shows he can play LT then we go into next offseason needing a RT and that is much easier to find.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Tight ends missing block, Forte missing blocks, ect. The whole offense sucks.

Tice shouldn't be OC.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Tight ends missing block, Forte missing blocks, ect. The whole offense sucks.

Tice shouldn't be OC.

totally agree, Panda! in fact, both our coordinators have never been coordinators prior to this gig. both were position coaches who were made coordinators by default Marinelli has only been a DL coach, and that for his entire career, while Tice was a TE and an OL coach, never an OC. like Spencer, Garza and K. Davis, he is out of position!

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Or Matt Light.

Retired LT Matt Light says there's a "zero percent" chance he ever plays again."Not in a bad way but when you close the door, it’s always good to keep walking," said Light. Making the rounds at ESPN, the 33-year-old Light also revealed he underwent 14 career surgeries in 11 seasons as an NFL player. Second-year pro Nate Solder is taking Light's place on the blindside in New England.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Neithe were against Carimi.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The problem with the Bears offense in Thursday night's 23-10 loss to the Packers wasn't that pass rushers outnumbered pass protectors.

It was that the rushers were superior to the protectors, and the extra blockers often were not where they were needed.

Of the Bears' 35 dropbacks, the Bears blockers outnumbered rushers by two or more 48 percent of the time. But on those plays, the Bears allowed four of their seven sacks and two of their four interceptions.

Offensive line

Grade: 1

In addition to sacking Cutler seven times, the Packers hit him on 14 other plays. Most of that is on the offensive line.

Between penalties and sacks allowed, Webb gave the Packers 33 yards, which is more than any Bears wide receiver gained.

The only offensive lineman who didn't play poorly was right guard Lance Louis.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ars-pompei-chicago--20120915,0,7745480.column

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Hell at this point I don't care what they do, somethings gotta change though. Webbs had last year and this year to get it, he just can't, time to bench him. Screw continuity, it ain't gonna happen. If they don't make some kinda move to bring someone in, give the guy they signed, Scott a shot, or bring the rookie, Brown off the practice squad and give him a shot. Put CWilliams back at LG, where he is at least average, and go from there. Staying with Webb & Spencer is only gonna hurt this team throughout the year.