My prediction. Ya or Nay

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I mean Nagy already said it himself that the game plan will be dictated by the opponent at hand any given week. So if running the ball down their throat is the way to go he will surely feature the running game early and often. Otherwise I don't see how anyone would think it would be the featured part of the offense all season long.

This is pretty much the game plan of every team in every sport. Taking advantage of the opponents weaknesses is nothing new.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You should tell that to the Cubs fans. Afterall, Theo was below .500 as a President when the Cubs won it all in 2016. Guess Cub fans should've been out for his head.

So much for your dumbass logic.

He’s a tired, broken, troll. Don’t bother with him. He’s about as bad as ommy.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is pretty much the game plan of every team in every sport. Taking advantage of the opponents weaknesses is nothing new.

Ummm...have you been following this team the past several years???

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Ummm...have you been following this team the past several years???

Not saying that we have been doing it, but it is not some genius revelation by Nagy. Pretty basic and transparent approach.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh yeah. Well, that will be up to Trubs and his receivers. imo there is no question Nagy will continue to push them all season long. As long as they keep responding with success, the pass game will be featured more and more.

Clearly the passing game will grow next year and then again the year after and so on. But the idea OP is suggesting that Nagy will put some kind of artificial governor on the O is silly. The O is going to expand as fast and far as Trubs and the rest of the O can handle.

I don't really see Nagy letting off the gas unless he has to.

It's going to be fun to see how Trubs responds this year. I think Nagy is going to be pushing his limits all season long.

I sure hope so. Will get him to where we want him sooner... if he has it in him. I think he does.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean Nagy already said it himself that the game plan will be dictated by the opponent at hand any given week. So if running the ball down their throat is the way to go he will surely feature the running game early and often. Otherwise I don't see how anyone would think it would be the featured part of the offense all season long.

KC was top 10 in rushing yards and #1 in average. :yep:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Seems to me more like he thinks the running game will be featured all season long to carry the offense and won't be until year 2 that the passing game will be working well. I personally don't agree with that idea.

I think the OP thinks Nagy will run a lot and use the weapons we have. I believe the OP is saying Nagy will run a balanced attack even after the passing game gets going. Also he thinks (guessing I can never tell what that guy is thinking) that Howard will be even more effective with a solid pass game keeping defenders off the line. None of this is ground breaking stuff but it seems many here think the run game will be a after thought and it won't be. We will be balanced and even run more then most here think.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over under should be 8. I'll take the over all day long at 5.

I don't see Shaheen leading the team in TDs. I think the over/under on Shaheen is 5.

The team leader in TD receptions would hopefully be at least 8.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
For those saying Howard will not get the touches, I don't get it. Kareem Hunt had 272 carries last year with an established QB and passing game. No reason to think Nagy will go away from the run with a passing game consisting of a young QB working with all new receivers in a brand new offense. The only thing that I can see holding Howard back from hitting 275 carries would be injury or Cohen getting more than 5-10 carries a game.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nay. We will hopefully be focusing more on a passing attack this year, and I do not see Howard getting anything close to 276 carries again this year.

That's only a little over 17 carries per game. I'd expect him to get at least that.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's only a little over 17 carries per game. I'd expect him to get at least that.

Especially when the team gets all of those big early leads from long scoring passes and need to run out the clock.