My thoughts on Day 1, Caleb Williams, and Day II

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't want to see no type of any QB runs designed for him. I want him to do what he did it Oklahoma

I believe that was his first play at Oklahoma. He had lots more like that.

He needs to be smart about running. Going all Daniels is going to get him killed. However; using his feet as the threat that they are will force teams to at least think about having a spy. A spy means one less defender actually covering one of the Bears multiple weapons.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I believe that was his first play at Oklahoma. He had lots more like that.

He needs to be smart about running. Going all Daniels is going to get him killed. However; using his feet as the threat that they are will force teams to at least think about having a spy. A spy means one less defender actually covering one of the Bears multiple weapons.
I was thinking about how he played in structure while there. I think I saw that play when it happened.

Anyway, as long as he does that once or twice a game and doesn’t take a hit, I don’t care. I don’t want to see them using him like a running QB. I want to see a run happen just enough to, as you said, force a spy and keep the D honest. Even then, I’d rather him run rarely so he gets the calls. I remember the nightmare of Fields never getting calls.