Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They seemed really surprised to get Wims.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
The tone is..."we're ready to compete"... They understand next season is about wins. Is this team ready to win 9 to 11 games next year?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The tone is..."we're ready to compete"... They understand next season is about wins. Is this team ready to win 9 to 11 games next year?

That lays at the feet of Mitch.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nagy is not buying what Pace is selling.

15249808712761083.gif

aciecargill

Liked Posts:
when the coach said the positions are filled, he listed all offensive positions. We can make the D better in this next round of free agency. Reid etc

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can tell Nagy is new to this bigger picture, whole team stuff. I don't fault him, its part of the learning process, but he sounds a little out of his depth here and there, like when the questions stray away from specifics about offense imo. Especially when people start asking about the D. Fuckin good thing Bears have Fangio.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can tell Nagy is new to this bigger picture, whole team stuff. I don't fault him, its part of the learning process, but he sounds a little out of his depth here and there, like when the questions stray away from specifics about offense imo. Especially when people start asking about the D. Fuckin good thing Bears have Fangio.

Yeah, fuck it though. Do we really want our Offensive minded HC touching the D when we have Fangio? We saw the results of a defensive minded coach running an offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Nagys first year....he isn't going to know everything a seasoned HC is going to.....that will change with time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They seemed really surprised to get Wims.

Wims was an ascending player coming from Juco. I think there was a belief that he was a 6th round talent maybe 5th. Bears seemed happy to get him in the 7th.

He has measureables, but limited in his route tree. 6'3" and 4.53 40....

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, fuck it though. Do we really want our Offensive minded HC touching the D when we have Fangio? We saw the results of a defensive minded coach running an offense.

It's cool while Fangio is here. It's really a pretty good situation for Nagy to learn in. But he is gon have to figure shit out (obviously) over the next few years. Eventually he is gon have to find Fangio's replacement.