Nagy asked the offense what they wanted to do

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears held a meeting with offensive players on Sept. 28, two days after their 26-6 meltdown against the Browns in Cleveland, and Nagy pointedly asked players what they wanted to run, according to a source.

“It was the whole offense and Coach Nagy in one room, and we were all congregating on what suggestions some players might have on to what we need to do on offense to improve and get better,” said quarterback Justin Fields, who on Wednesday was named the starter moving forward. “Some people chimed in on their thoughts. And Coach took that to heart.

“I think he put (that) in the game plan last week. So that’s just props to Coach to listening to us and just putting in what the players want and what the players thought to get us more confident about the game plan. Kind of us all (being) on the same page about everything.”

I hate Nagy as much as anyone, but this asshole might have saved his job if this sticks.

Romo27

Liked Posts:
Hey guys; I'm actually a real estate agent and have no fuking idea what I'm doing....what do you guys want to do?
I actually am a real estate agent, and I could have called a better game than that Cleveland disaster. I also would have named Justin Fields QB1 five minutes after the end of the game on Sunday. Matt Nagy is no real estate agent.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If Fields balls out. Nagy and Pace get extended.

If they struggle and it has to do with limited offseason reps with ones (doubtful I suppose), then they are in dire straits.

He is officially on the clock now. Progress or bow out.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I actually think it’s the opposite. The fact that he had to sit his offense down in a room and get their thoughts on what needs to be in the game plan makes Nagy look pathetic. That does not help his cause at all. It’s actually evidence that he has no idea what he’s doing and he can’t hide behind anyone else. If Fields and the offense look good moving forward than it’s a clear sign Nagy is not needed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If Fields balls out. Nagy and Pace get extended.

If they struggle and it has to do with limited offseason reps with ones (doubtful I suppose), then they are in dire straits.

He is officially on the clock now. Progress or bow out.
What does Fields balling out have to do with Nagy if he isn’t calling the plays or responsible for the game plan?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
What does Fields balling out have to do with Nagy if he isn’t calling the plays or responsible for the game plan?

He will get credit for developing him. It just is what it is. If he does well, Nagy will get tons of credit. Lots of HCs have been saved by great QB play. Depends on how Pace and the the brain trust view his role into it all. I think this starts the clock for him to show how he can help develop Justin. Play caller or not.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears held a meeting with offensive players on Sept. 28, two days after their 26-6 meltdown against the Browns in Cleveland, and Nagy pointedly asked players what they wanted to run, according to a source.

“It was the whole offense and Coach Nagy in one room, and we were all congregating on what suggestions some players might have on to what we need to do on offense to improve and get better,” said quarterback Justin Fields, who on Wednesday was named the starter moving forward. “Some people chimed in on their thoughts. And Coach took that to heart.

“I think he put (that) in the game plan last week. So that’s just props to Coach to listening to us and just putting in what the players want and what the players thought to get us more confident about the game plan. Kind of us all (being) on the same page about everything.”

I hate Nagy as much as anyone, but this asshole might have saved his job if this sticks.

I don't buy it. It has the stink of PR all over it.

For the record - I DO think he met with the players. I DON'T think that this has any bearing on Fields being named the starter recently.

But if you want to get into the intrigue of it all, there seems to be a push-back from local reporting sources recently, radio and digital media, trying to downplay all the heat Matt Nagy has been getting. Ironically, they ALL sound like they are reading off the same playsheet - like they all "got the same memo". AND its all local, guys who might have a source they want to keep, who may be asking for a favor right now.

Keep in mind, this is NONE of the national guys doing this - some national guys are saying they are glad Nagy finally did the right thing, but none of them are in any rush to make apologies for this guy or try to soften public opinion on him.

Local media yesterday and today? Trying to go in HARD to get people to forgive Nagy and move on.

Like I said - it STINKS of Bears PR, and shows you just how in bed the local media is with the Bears - like crack addicts worried about being cut off...

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think it’s the opposite. The fact that he had to sit his offense down in a room and get their thoughts on what needs to be in the game plan makes Nagy look pathetic. That does not help his cause at all. It’s actually evidence that he has no idea what he’s doing and he can’t hide behind anyone else. If Fields and the offense look good moving forward than it’s a clear sign Nagy is not needed.
Oh, I am not advocating they keep him, I hope he gets fired. It's probably too little too late for him, had he done this a year and a half ago etc.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

For the record - I DO think he met with the players. I DON'T think that this has any bearing on Fields being named the starter recently.

But if you want to get into the intrigue of it all, there seems to be a push-back from local reporting sources recently, radio and digital media, trying to downplay all the heat Matt Nagy has been getting. Ironically, they ALL sound like they are reading off the same playsheet - like they all "got the same memo". AND its all local, guys who might have a source they want to keep, who may be asking for a favor right now.

Keep in mind, this is NONE of the national guys doing this - some national guys are saying they are glad Nagy finally did the right thing, but none of them are in any rush to make apologies for this guy or try to soften public opinion on him.

Local media yesterday and today? Trying to go in HARD to get people to forgive Nagy and move on.

Like I said - it STINKS of Bears PR, and shows you just how in bed the local media is with the Bears - like crack addicts worried about being cut off...
It's like you're completely incapable of not talking out of your gigantic 2 ton ass when you talk about local media.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He will get credit for developing him. It just is what it is. If he does well, Nagy will get tons of credit. Lots of HCs have been saved by great QB play. Depends on how Pace and the the brain trust view his role into it all. I think this starts the clock for him to show how he can help develop Justin. Play caller or not.
I don’t think Nagy will get the credit to save his job. He already has proven he can’t call an offense or develop any type of QB. Nothing is saving him this season except for a super bowl win.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
As much as I'm all for teamwork and achieving things together with an open mind, this is beyond dumb!
This is NOT how a leader leads.
This is NOT what you were hired for.
This is NOT how you keep your job!

If anything, this just proves anyone can coach this team, but only some can LEAD!

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh, I am not advocating they keep him, I hope he gets fired. It's probably too little too late for him, had he done this a year and a half ago etc.
I think the local media is doing the Bears a solid, the more I think about it.

I don't think this is so much about justifying keeping Nagy, per se.

I think it might just be about taking the heat off of him to allow him to get through the season.

Honestly, so much with the Bears over the last couple weeks has been so....odd....

It's been interesting in trying to figure out what the hell happened. Although ultimately, its just passing time till the next game, and then eventually end of season.

As long as it all ends with the Bears parting ways with Matt Nagy at the end of this season, I'll be a happy camper.

jive

Liked Posts:
Even if Nagy has a decent season, there's no guarantee that he'll stay. He can ask Lovie Smith how that went for him.
Lovie went 10-6 and had the #3 defense in the NFL. He had a franchise QB, an all pro WR and RB, a promising rookie WR and the best returner in NFL history. The locker room was still very much behind Lovie. Under Trestman, the offense went to #2 the following year, but the defense dropped to #30 with basically the same personnel on both sides of the ball, except for the O-line which was revamped that year. If Trestman was OC with Lovie as HC, that would have been a playoff team for 2-3 years.

The lessons are:
- Even a good season from Nagy is no guarantee that he or Pace keep their jobs.
- The next guy can be a whole lot worse.
- You need the right combination of HC, OC, and DC to create a contender.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even if Nagy has a decent season, there's no guarantee that he'll stay. He can ask Lovie Smith how that went for him.
Lovie went 10-6 and had the #3 defense in the NFL. He had a franchise QB, an all pro WR and RB, a promising rookie WR and the best returner in NFL history. The locker room was still very much behind Lovie. Under Trestman, the offense went to #2 the following year, but the defense dropped to #30 with basically the same personnel on both sides of the ball, except for the O-line which was revamped that year. If Trestman was OC with Lovie as HC, that would have been a playoff team for 2-3 years.

The lessons are:
- Even a good season from Nagy is no guarantee that he or Pace keep their jobs.
- The next guy can be a whole lot worse.
- You need the right combination of HC, OC, and DC to create a contender.

Only thing I will contend - Jay Cutler was NOT a franchise QB. He was unique in how mercurial he was - he had really high highs, and really low lows, which stayed the same and numbers-wise, came out to that of an average NFL quarterback...

Career win record: 74-79-0. Gotta be a winner in the league if you want to be considered a legit Franchise QB...

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

He needs to fired??‍♂️

greg23

Liked Posts:
If he makes the playoffs with fields starting the rest of the season and showing improvement.......sad to say; he will be returning next season.

Which might be fine as long as he never is a play caller again.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he makes the playoffs with fields starting the rest of the season and showing improvement.......sad to say; he will be returning next season.

Which might be fine as long as he never is a play caller again.

I don't necessarily think that's the case.

This is all about Justin fields. If his skill set seems better suited for an offense different than what Matt Nagy is trying to run, then I believe they will part ways with him at the end of the season.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

animal4.jpg

This isn't the 2nd or 3rd time already that Fields has straight up told us answers to things coaches have failed to be straight up about. Fields also blurted that he had NOT taken reps with the 1s; that Bill called plays in post game presser; etc. Fields also seems like a very no-nonsense character and not one to be a media puppet. He speaks pretty freely IMO.

Further, why would Fields stick up for & cover for the coach who nearly got him killed and made NO adjustments, while also NOT preparing him with quality reps all pre-season? Not that he'd hold a grudge already, but he's not a limelite guy and has no allegiances to Nagy.

I would LOVE to hear later that Fields spoke up in this meeting about what he wanted and about what didn't work, and I'd love it if other players did so on his behalf &/or to back him up. I'd also love to hear that he & players stood up for the backup Tackles who were left alone to get beat repeatedly by CLE's 2 #1 pass rushers without help or adjustments.

Hopefully Montgomery was in there speaking up too. He's kinda shy, but word is, has developed into a leader role.

I'd love it further if players & ass. coaches went & talked to Nagy in his office with their concerns & requests. Whether Nagy legit listened or not I do question.