Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Andy is more complete than what we had but doesn't really do anything all that well. It's not about Dalton.
See I disagree, in the last 3 seasons, Andy Dalton has had 12 sub 70 and 11 100+ passer rating games in 33 starts. By comparison, Trubisky has had 7 sub 70 and 13 100+ passer rating in 38 games during the same span. Bears fans couldn't show MT the door quick enough.

I think people are mistaking past experience for current ability. Dalton hasn't played decently since 2016. In his prime he was a steady high 80's passer rating guy, hovering between 15-20th other than an outlier 2015(2nd). Since 2018 he has been 26th, 32, and 25.

I think we are on the same page, but any narrative that AD is somehow an upgrade from Trubisky or Foles is faulty wishful thinking.
Who knows, best case scenario is we never have to find out.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
If we didn't have a vet, Fields would start and not get ruined but why not let him be the best he can be at the earliest that's possible. It's not the physical stuff that slows their growth unless they hero an injury.
i don’t agree with your logic about him not getting ruined. That’s where Dalton’s value lies, essentially being a punching bag.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. Again, read the quotes.

Silvy in that Tweet you quoted is referencing a previous question. In his follow-up, he specifically asked Nagy if that means that Fields cannot win the starting job for Opening Day, and Nagy responded, “Clarification that he can’t win it—Yes, correct.”

And if Fields blows up then Nagy will simply change his mind.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And if Fields blows up then Nagy will simply change his mind.
I mean yeah, this is the end truth. The Bears were all in on Andy Dalton before the draft too, then they went and got Justin Fields. Nothing really preventing them from keeping up the lie.

I just don't see the point in playing these media games in year four. Its dumb.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
what’s your point here? i choose to prioritize the long term over the short term.
Just a reference point to similar discussion, that’s all. But you have been rather flip floppy the past year and we haven’t been presented with much info since this thread.

But also there is no way of knowing if any of this benefits the long or short term growth of fields.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Nagy missed the Coach Speak seminar and refresher course.

TBF, so has every Bears HC since Ditka.

I guess I am just kind of numb to dumb sound bites by these guys.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
So irritating.

If your (Nagy's) job is on the line, and you have to produce - get wins, you say the best QB will start and play. "My livelihood depends on winning." He is not saying this.

If for some weird reason, you have been told by management, you will be back next year, you say... I will hold onto my Ace card - Fields, and I don't care if we win or lose games with Dalton. This is what he is saying.

Or you can say, Fields can win the QB battle, but we will hold on that - like to see how good or bad our Oline is. People will understand.

Also I can't stand how he sounds like he is some hipster high school kid, trying to say things in a cool way. Dude, you are grey haired adult, head coach of one of the greatest football franchises in the USA. See Bill Belichick (but that would kill me too haha).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy was the QB coach that helped resurrected Alex Smith and OC when developing Mahomes. Yes, he failed with Mitch but that appears to be more about Mitch. Does he deserve all the credit or scorn for it. Of course not but experience matters so I'll defer until I have a good reason not to. I don't expect the Fields transition to starter to take that long. He's a lot further along in pro concepts but he's only started 22 College games.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Don't complain about me being negative and then post the same concerns I have in an argument week later.

Fair enough?
the fuck are you taking about?

i said these were questions, which they are, you like to go full chicken little and act like the sky is falling. your most recent example is Jenkins needing to hit at LT or else the offensive line is in shambles.

everything is to the nth degree with you

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
the fuck are you taking about?

i said these were questions, which they are, you like to go full chicken little and act like the sky is falling. your most recent example is Jenkins needing to hit at LT or else the offensive line is in shambles.

everything is to the nth degree with you

Guess not...lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears coach Matt Nagy insisted that Andy Dalton would be the Bears' starting quarterback for Week 1.​

When Chris Collinsworth asked Nagy if there was any way that Justin Fields would start Week 1, Nagy replied "No....Andy is our starter." Nagy has been unrelenting in supporting Dalton as the starter ever since Chicago traded up to select Fields with the No. 11 overall pick. Fields looks like the complete package as a prospect but may have to wait a few weeks before seeing any action. Dalton has 142 starts under his belt but his most recent reps were lackluster at best. He threw 14 touchdowns and eight interceptions while starting in place of Dak Prescott last year. Given the glut of weapons he was working with, those numbers are wildly underwhelming. Dalton will start in Week 1 barring a change of heart from Nagy but his tenure is unlikely to last long. Once the Bears string together a few losses in a row, expect Nagy to pull the ripcord and insert Fields into the lineup.
RELATED:

SOURCE: Chris Collinsworth on Twitter
Jun 15, 2021, 3:42 PM ET
He can't win the job in camp but he can in preseason. He can't win the job in camp but Dalton can lose it. Semantics.