Nagy: If no double doink 'we were going to win the Super Bowl'

Brownie

Liked Posts:

“We felt like we were going to win the Super Bowl,” Nagy told Frank Thomas on NBC Sports Chicago’s “Hangin’ With the Hurt.” “You felt it, we were going to win the Super Bowl. The Rams went to the Super Bowl that year, and we got after the Rams pretty good at Soldier Field, 15-6. It was a good football game. And it didn’t happen.”

Despite the sour ending, that season doesn’t leave a bad taste in Nagy’s mouth. In fact he appreciates the entire season as a foundational learning experience for both himself and his players.

“It was special,” Nagy said. “I’ll never forget— I should say I’ll always remember. I think the biggest thing when I got there, I realize that the atmosphere, the environment, the building, there was a little bit of a mindset of, there wasn’t really a belief in how to win, or an understanding of what it takes to win. Once we won a few games, they started believing in what we were teaching… when you’ve got belief in your teammates and coaches it’s tough to stop. You might not be the best player on the field all the time, every position… but when you do it together it’s hard to stop.”

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was only the week before that saw Jordan Howard punch in two TD's from short yardage against a stellar run defense up in MN so what happens on a two point conversion that wins the game?
Some stupid Santa's sleigh bullshit inside pitch to a 170lb receiver that went for a loss........Matt Nagy will NEVER win a big PO game.....ever!

Nagy's vaunted offense produced ONE TD against a real bad Eagles' defensive backfield if I recall.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think they may have been able to get to the super bowl. Patriots probably would have embarrassed them though.
Still, I'd rather get embarrassed in a Superbowl v Patriots than that fucking double doing loss to the eagles.

Well, I'd rather win the Superbowl, but if the choice is between the two losses, better to get to the final game than to get eliminated in the wildcard round.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Kind of glad they didn't. I am sure we would be on Mitch's 5th year option had they made it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Kind of glad they didn't. I am sure we would be on Mitch's 5th year option had they made it.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. People in the building had to know the defense carried them, not Trubisky.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fucken Nagbag…

What were you teaching exactly? Do you mean how fangio had that D playing otherworldly while the offense failed time after time on great field position and extra possessions?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Despite the earlier victory, I still think the Rams would have beat the Bears in LA had Parkey made that kick.
It would have been a battle of ineptness as qb. Belichek did use the approach bears used to completely shut down Goff again

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't think he's right but I'm good with him thinking that way.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Despite the earlier victory, I still think the Rams would have beat the Bears in LA had Parkey made that kick.

I think the Bears had a good chance to beat the Rams, but lose to N.O. in NFCCG.