Nagy Presser - Monday, Oct. 4th

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Well what Nagy thinks is irrelevant. We’ve seen what his thinking looks like.

In reality, Justin is the only thing that will save his job.
I completely agree but Nagy doesn’t think like a winning coach and does the opposite.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fire Nagy now.
Dalton sucks.

How can you look at your FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK, who you TRADED UP TO GET, after this game and decide to go back to Dalton? WHY? Dalton won't take us anywhere. OMFG. This guy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
1. Only reason Dalton is starting is because they made him a promise.

2. I honestly think Pace and Nagy are using this whole scenario to get an extra year. Not based on merit, but so that they can come to the end of the season and promise that we can look forward to how "excited they are" about being able to win with Justin next season.
Pace has a chance to stick around. Only chance for Nagy is a playoff win while showing Fields is coming along.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Im sure rolling out Dalton against GB in two weeks will bring out the best in fans at SF…

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
At this point, can we say that Josh McDaniels and Matt Nagy have a lot in common?

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
No. Because Josh McDaniels knows how to run an offense and likely choose appropriate personnel too

It was in relation to their insecurities, defensiveness, and overall shittiness as head coaches/offensive gurus.

But since you brought it up, the Patriots are in the bottom 20% of the league since Brady left in total offense. Something tells me that Josh McDaniels is not as good as anyone thinks he is. He built any reputation he had on the back of the GOAT. As time marches on this becomes more painfully obvious.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Between his play calling and press conferences, he’s easily the most clueless person in Chicago, if not the world. It’s actually impressive

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fire Nagy now.
Dalton sucks.

How can you look at your FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK, who you TRADED UP TO GET, after this game and decide to go back to Dalton? WHY? Dalton won't take us anywhere. OMFG. This guy.

Why? It is simply because Nagy wants to run Nagy's offense and he knows Fields isn't the kind of quarterback to do it. That was CLEARLY shown in the Cleveland game. Why do you think he brings in guys like Foles and Dalton? Neither one has had a brilliant, consistent career. But they can run the kind of pseudo-West Coast offense that Nagy likes.

I honestly think he hates the idea of Lazor calling plays. This can be the only reason why he is benching Fields and bringing back Dalton. I don't think anything Justin did was completely groundbreaking but what he did do was give a clue to people as to what Fields can do when allowed to mature as a QB. And Matt Nagy will never be able to gameplan for that kind of player.

I hope Rich Eisen is right and this is the kind of move that gets a coach fired. These decisions, especially if Dalton's milquetoast passing continues in the next few games will most likely cost us games. Nagy wants to keep his job. Well, you will keep your job if it looks like you are trying to get the new face of the franchise up to speed. But he won't swallow his pride and won't put someone in charge that can take advantage of a quarterback with Fields's skillset. So a 5-12 season will probably result and hopefully we can be rid of him.

Just a little, minor factoid. Right now, at this moment, after the horrible couple of first games (Cincy and Cleveland) Justin Field's yards per attempt are almost identical to Dalton's lifetime numbers. This probably probably improve even more as he starts getting comfortable. The only reason it isn't significantly better now is because for two games he had to play a Nagy offense.