Nagy wants Kevin White to maximize 'big ceiling

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not everything is so black and white though. Yes, there are some very negative Bears fans that are negative because of said reasons, and there are some really stupid assholes.

I never understood the Jamal Adam's over a QB view point. Some Bears fans will forever live in the Defensive side of things. Guess it's all they've ever had for the last 20+ years (in spurts at that).

Agreed.

Admittedly, I was big on Adams because of how poorly the QB draft class was made out to be last pre-draft. So it didn't seem worth it to reach on a project when the team as a whole still had a ton of holes at the time. I still think Adams would've thrived in CHI, but agree that safeties are easier finds than QBs. Last year proved that with a steal 4th rounder rising up + Amos coming out of nowhere! Didn't see that coming pre-draft but Lovin it!!

Now they've filled quite a few holes (not done yet of course), it seems to have worked out pretty damn nicely to buy when most were selling now, don't need when the rest are buying QBs.

Bears also quietly built a top 10 DEF in spite of massive injuries last year and over 2/3 of all their draft picks going to OFFENSE the last two drafts. :thinking: :yep:

But Pace is an idiot :facepalm:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Spartan shits in the woods, does he make a sound?

If Spartan is dressed as a mime and a tree falls on him, does he make a sound?

A: probably, and he still trolls endlessly about how the Bears suck. And Spartan doesn't just shit in the woods. It's everywhere on CCS.

This is why the Bears have been in last place for so long, they wait on useless bums to be something other than useless bums.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Surely had nothing to do with losing nearly all their games by less than 1 score despite record-breaking injury impact for two years and inept coaching during a rebuild but okay. Worry not, cupboard's getting filled despite your ignorance.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Imabearsfan would trade him for a 1st round pick this year. Like Cooks......

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imabearsfan would trade him for a 1st round pick this year. Like Cooks......

As of today, that could be considered a great deal due to his unknown & unproven, well...everything! I gotta see this out however. Can get another Cooks mid-round & there's not much 1st Rd. WR talent this year...2nd, sure.

His ceiling IS hugely high if he really has recovered to peak physical form.

I personally think that broken bone injuries are fluke, meaning external in cause, and are proven to heal and hold up fine, so there's not as huge a risk with him vs. any other human, unless there's some brittle bone condition that's gone undiagnosed. I can't believe Bears medical hasn't prodded & tested heavily given the $$ sunk into him.

Very very bad luck = overblown pessimism, but dude still needs to refine his route tree, breaks, learn the O, and polish his game no question. #unproven w/ high ceiling.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think is not exactly correct to say Whites’s ceiling is very high just given that he was a great physical athlete. There are tons of guys who are freak specimens that don’t amount to shit in the NFL. The truth of he matter is that White never really showed too much in the way of the nuances of being an pro WR. He got by in college with his athleticism, but was never a great route runner or very crafty.

His ceiling was high in much of the way Daruis Heyward Bey’s was some time ago, along with other physically gifted athletes.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How many TD's does K.White have by our bye week (week 5) or does he have any? As you all know i like to look at things in a positive way instead of negative so i'm gonna say he has just one but i'll take one from him in the first 4 weeks. With having AR12, Burton and Shaheen who will all be looked at more in the red zone then White will because of size and past success they'll have the most targets in the red zone...in the passing game that is cause J.Howard will get his rushes as well.

Rise

Liked Posts:
How many TD's does K.White have by our bye week (week 5) or does he have any? As you all know i like to look at things in a positive way instead of negative so i'm gonna say he has just one but i'll take one from him in the first 4 weeks. With having AR12, Burton and Shaheen who will all be looked at more in the red zone then White will because of size and past success they'll have the most targets in the red zone...in the passing game that is cause J.Howard will get his rushes as well.

I like to be optimistic so I think week 1 against that weak Green Bay secondary he catches a bomb pass for a td. I don’t see him as a red zone threat I think they will use him on deep routes and try to just get him to the bye week healthy for once. Maybe expand his workload after that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think is not exactly correct to say Whites’s Celine is very high just given that he was a great physical athlete. There are tons of guys who are freak specimens that don’t amount to shit in the NFL. The truth of he matter is that White never really showed too much in the way of the nuances of being an pro WR. He got by in college with his athleticism, but was never a great route runner or very crafty.

His ceiling was high in much of the way Faruis Heyward Bet’s was some time ago, along with other physically gifted athletes.

i really gotta disagree with this. His ceiling was/is very high. At least it was coming out of the draft. Yes, he wasnt a developed route runner coming out of college, but nearly all of the rest of his game was solid.

You act like he just beat guys deep nonstop in college, he had excellent jump ball skills, yac ability, and a great catch radius. His route tree wasn't developed but most college WR's aren't. He went in the top 10 because if he ever did get it all together he would essentially be julio jones/deandre hopkins.

I think the DHB comparison is way off, DHB was drafted high because he ran fast at the combine. KW was drafted high because he put up insane stats against good competition all while running a 4.3.

WalterFootball's only negative about KW was the fact he was a one year wonder, other than that he was as elite as a WR prospect can really get. (Sounds kinda like mitchy).

I doubt KW will ever amount to anything, but it begs to wonder how he would have turned out had he not been injured.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, the fan base is negative because they are a bunch of fat meatball morons with shitty football opinions.

"You gotta" - as Hawk Harrelson would say - "be bleepin' me," SugarWalls (SugarWalls?!?) . . .

. . . The fanbase is negative because the bunch of bums currently calling themselves Chicago Bears have lost in double digits four straight years, and supposed savior Ryan "Snails" Pace owns three of those debacles. The Bears deserve every bit of skepticism and disgust from the fanbase for that alone, if not the preceding two decades, which aside from literal flukes every four or five years have been filled with embarrassing failure.

When this franchise earns respect, they'll get it . . .

Washington

Liked Posts:
I look forward to the day when he matches Nick Foles for career TD catches. He has to learn how to run big boy routes and can take big boy hits.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like to be optimistic so I think week 1 against that weak Green Bay secondary he catches a bomb pass for a td. I don’t see him as a red zone threat I think they will use him on deep routes and try to just get him to the bye week healthy for once. Maybe expand his workload after that.

How great would that be for his confidence for him to catch a long TD catch and or catch and run for his first ever Bears TD....yes please.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
blah blah blah

There is really no point in even bringing his name up until after he has made it through 4 or 6 or maybe 8 games. Until then, the guy is a ghost.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What is this ridiculous talent you speak of? He struggles with the route tree. He played slow when he did play. What are we all missing here?

maybe read the article and would make sense to you

napo55

Liked Posts:
So what do you expect the coach to say? "He's unlikely to succeed and we don't have very high expectations"?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Thing about White is his injuries were all bone breaks. Unless he has weak bones or something, it just seems like really bad luck. Some will say he doesn't have the body for the NFL or whatever but he definitely looks the part.

I'm still holding onto a sliver of hope since it's not an acl injury, achilles or anything like that.

White performing well would be awesome. Our injury luck has been horrid the last few years. Hopefully it's time we catch a break (no pun intended lolol)