Nagy

Grape

Liked Posts:
It would be one thing if you aren't playing one of the best QBs in the league who has a tendency to come back and lead game winning drives. We were in field goal range and left what, a minute plus on the clock for Brady because of it?
I’m passing on 2nd and 3rd down like Nagy BECAUSE we are playing Brady. If we run it up the middle twice it’s almost guaranteed that we have to kick a 40 yarder, and Brady will have had around 50 seconds to come back, which is plenty of time.

Getting a first down on the other hand seals the game because you can now run out the clock for a much closer last second field goal.

If you’re playing Kirk Cousins then sure, I’m willing to give him 50 seconds and play it safe. But you’re playing against Brady so I like that Nagy went for the killshot.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I would wager that you were livid because the announcer put it in your head to be livid.

Anyone with two eyes and a heartbeat could see the defense was in a bad spot. That’s where you have to finish, he completely threw off the rhythm of that drive.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Nagy made the right call. All of you griping about giving tom brady the ball with 1 minute and 10 seconds to go miss the point that it's the same issue with 30-40 seconds.

They needed a field goal to win. Which means they didn't have to go far. If Tom Brady can do it in a minute, he can do it in 30 seconds. Take the shot to put the game out of reach. Allen Robinson needs to catch those.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy made the right call. All of you griping about giving tom brady the ball with 1 minute and 10 seconds to go miss the point that it's the same issue with 30-40 seconds.

They needed a field goal to win. Which means they didn't have to go far. If Tom Brady can do it in a minute, he can do it in 30 seconds. Take the shot to put the game out of reach. Allen Robinson needs to catch those.

I also feel like he knew he couldn't run the ball for a gain of meaningful yardage at all and figured it would make more sense to pass the ball and try to get yardage. Santos can't be trusted to make a long AF field goal usually.

It's just a shame that the genius who runs our team doesn't like to throw slants, because those would be perfect plays during that time.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think he’s doing pretty damn good! He now has a legit QB and a good backup.

Let’s see what happens now and if we could get just a little help on the line this year, we could have something!

Foles and Nagy have played two and a half games of which two were against the top defenses in the nfl with a sunpar oline.

maybe now pacehas some authority to make a move or two.

I’m really excited! The bears beat a hell of a football team today and now have some time to heal and get some other shit right.

nagy is 11 games over 500. And had to deal with this line and trubisky as his starter. He’s going nowhere so let’s try and start rooting for them!

tough crowd

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Shit, lets get to the playoffs and hopefully remain as healthy as possible, maybe make a move or two or not or maybe we keep getting lucky with injuries

This is a year where really anything could happen, you could make it to the playoffs and get lucky with Covid taking out a key player, who knows!?!?!

this certainly beats watching the past couple seasons with trubisky as starter and having a more than solid chance that we were right that he wouldn’t become the Qb of our future.

Foles is a good qb

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
This is stupid Im sorry but it is .

He has an iffy kicker who most of you didnt even expect to make the kicks he made today so he went for a first down because that allows him to run down the clock and kick the fg with no time left .

What you are asking for is the type of $hit Fox used to do and you all cried about which was run it three time and kick the fgs taking 15 seconds off the clock but in no way trying to win the game.
LOL Stupid is giving Tom Brady an extra minute and a timeout. Lucky to escape that, so whatever.... 4-1

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I remember this board absolutely melting down (rightfully so) that Nagy ran it 3 times against Miami in 2018 and against SD in 2019. Now people are melting down that he threw it.

It was the right play to throw. I don't trust Santos from 43 yards. And if not for an incredible play by the CB the game is iced, Brady gets no chance at all. Plus I always want Nagy to be aggressive.

There is a lot to be concerned with re Nagy: the bungled first drive of the second half was like a tire deflating. Slowing down the hurry up was very dumb. But I attack every time in that situation.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It would be one thing if you aren't playing one of the best QBs in the league who has a tendency to come back and lead game winning drives. We were in field goal range and left what, a minute plus on the clock for Brady because of it?
So with a less than automatic kicker you want to just settle for a longer FG try for the game? Hope for the best?

I have no problem with Nagy trying to keep that drive going. If it was successful, not only do the odds of making a kick (or a TD) go WAY up...but we also might never let Brady back on the field to try.

Dies anyone think Brady with 30 seconds to get in FG range wouldn’t be dangerous?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I remember this board absolutely melting down (rightfully so) that Nagy ran it 3 times against Miami in 2018 and against SD in 2019. Now people are melting down that he threw it.

It was the right play to throw. I don't trust Santos from 43 yards. And if not for an incredible play by the CB the game is iced, Brady gets no chance at all. Plus I always want Nagy to be aggressive.

There is a lot to be concerned with re Nagy: the bungled first drive of the second half was like a tire deflating. Slowing down the hurry up was very dumb. But I attack every time in that situation.
43 YARDS. Does that ring a bell for anyone???

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I am ready to move past Nagy as a playcaller but I'm not sure as a head coach he still doesn't have some potential. I am happy with some of his attempts to hold players responsible for their performance with the benching of Mitch, Ant Mill losing snaps to other receivers due to unreliable catches, etc. but he needs to start holding the offensive line accountable but with Daniels now down that seems unlikely. It seems like Nagy is a players coach meaning that publicly he has their back and I can only hope that behind closed doors the accountability conversations are happening. Nagy just doesn't consistently get a good feel for the game as a playcaller and overthinks it and we end up with huge gaps in offensive performancd.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you rather be the Cowboys at 1-3 with an offense that puts up 500+ yards a game?
Why is this the only choice? How about a really good defense with at least an average offense.
Nagy is supposed to be an offensive expert.
Fans have some interesting takes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
People act like it’s ok for the defense to consistently save the Os bacon.

there is something wrong with the offense. It’s ok to acknowledge that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is this the only choice? How about a really good defense with at least an average offense.
Nagy is supposed to be an offensive expert.
Fans have some interesting takes.

Of course I want a better offense. But we have shit QBs, a mediocre Oline and a #1 WR with his head up his ass worried about a new contract. Pace hasn't exactly given Nagy a lot to work with.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course I want a better offense. But we have shit QBs, a mediocre Oline and a #1 WR with his head up his ass worried about a new contract. Pace hasn't exactly given Nagy a lot to work with.

That doesn't cause Nagy to run Patterson or Cohen on third and short against a stout running defense. That doesn't cause Nagy to run the same play over and over until it becomes a joke. It doesn't cause Nagy to run screen after shitty screen that doesn'ty even fool fans at home.

The Bears have enough weapons where a better coach could find production.