Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah even Curry himself said, the injury is no excuse. I will say Curry has always taken his fair share of bad shots. It's just that over the course of an 82 game regular season, the times he misses those bad shots or has bad games get lost because unless you actually follow this team, the highlight reels only show you the good stuff.

The only difference from this series and how the bulk of the Warriors season went is that Curry and Thompson had a lot of games where they slumped together whereas most of the time, when one of those guys shoot poorly, the other picked them up.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I don't think the knee was purely his problem. It doesn't excuse the high TO numbers that's for sure but I still think it bothered his shot.

Its understandable that his efficiency would drop because the effort on defense picks up in the playoffs but he missed some really good looks throughout the series. He obviously took his share of bad shots too.

Curry needs to work on getting to the hoop and his finishing ability a little more because it will serve him better come the playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Curry needs to work on getting to the hoop and his finishing ability a little more because it will serve him better come the playoffs.
The funny thing about this is that Curry was one of the best finishers at the rim in the league this year and I believe last year as well. The difference was that he rarely attacked the basket in the Finals. If one was going to blame the injury excuse for something, I'd blame it on that. But still, shot selection never got looked at when it came to the Warriors as they'd (ie Steph and Klay) make a huge number of bad shots on a regular basis.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Conversely, Warriors shot selection never got looked at when it came to Harrison Barnes, because he would miss every shot regardless of distance. Barnes still better than Bogut, tho.
2bHkk.gif

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm still astonished looking at the poll for this thread. So many people picked the warriors in 5 or 6. One person even picked the warriors to sweep.

How'd that work out for you fucktards?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm still astonished looking at the poll for this thread. So many people picked the warriors in 5 or 6. One person even picked the warriors to sweep.

About as well as it worked out for Stephen A Smith

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You just nailed your ex...how long do you want to hang around?

Because what else does he owe to Cleveland? He's not getting any younger and neither is the rest of his team. It is a small market and the likelihood of him getting another ring as a Cav is small in my opinion.

Maybe he wants another challenge?

The question now is, does LeBron leave. He did what he promised. There has been a lot of speculation that if he did win, there was a good chance he could leave. It definitely makes this summer more interesting.
Well, he's not leaving. Today he said he'd return to defend the title.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

not really crazy Warriors won 73 damn games

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think the Warriors regular season should show that the NBA regular season means nothing.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Durant goes to the Warriors and Lebron gets on the phone immediately to join them because he wouldnt sniff another title.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree. 90's Bulls east conference nowhere near as bad as current East. Early 90's the Bulls' toughest competition was the Knicks. After Jordan retired, Hue Hollins gave the Knicks the playoff series against Pippen's Bulls, but the Knicks also were a 2 of 18 John Starks' shooting "performance" away from winning the 1994 title. I think those Knicks teams were underrated, and could have taken out both the Blazers (probably) and Suns (maybe not) in 92 and 93.

To win the 91 title, Bulls swept current back-to-back champion Pistons. 96 they swept the Shaq-Penny Magic team. 97 they played no one. 98 they had to deal with annoying Reggie Miller.

FWIW, I think the Suns destroy that '93 Knicks team and I think the Blazers take the series 4-2. The Knicks had a real problem with teams that could play with pace. If you could speed the Knicks up they didn't play well. I think the Suns/Blazers in a series could speed them up enough to win the series.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not confident that the Knicks could slow down the Suns, but the Pistons destroyed the fast-paced Blazers in a previous Finals matchup. I think those Blazers teams were just mentally weak, and the Knicks would wear on them like the Pistons did.

That's fair. I just think those Piston teams were far more talented and mentally tougher than the Knicks anyways, but I see your point re: the Blazers.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's fair. I just think those Piston teams were far more talented and mentally tougher than the Knicks anyways, but I see your point re: the Blazers.
That's how I viewed it. Beyond Ewing the Knicks had no stars. Portland at least had pre injury Porter. And Detroit definitely had more talent.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't really say Terry Porter was a 'star'. A nice player, but I don't know if he was any better than Starks, really.
By that point in his career you could probably say Porter was the worse of the two.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
By that point in his career you could probably say Porter was the worse of the two.

I just read Starks wiki. What a weird way to become a well known NBA player. lol Ewing hurt him which was probably his break.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's how I viewed it. Beyond Ewing the Knicks had no stars. Portland at least had pre injury Porter. And Detroit definitely had more talent.

I wouldn't really say Terry Porter was a 'star'. A nice player, but I don't know if he was any better than Starks, really.

in 91-92 Porter was a very good player. Star? I don't know but he did make the AS team in the two years around the Blazers second Finals appearance.

By 91-91 that the really the second to last year of Porter's career peak.

Starks in 91-92 wasn't even starting yet. I'd say Porter was pretty easily the better player of the two at that point in time. Even at Stark's peak versus Porter's 91-92 Starks was never as good. Porter was a more reliable efficient player. That 92 Blazers team was really balanced. it would have been an interesting series and I can see the Blazers trying to go big and attempting to slug it out with the Knicks but not sure the Knicks have the fire power to go against Drexler, Porter, and Robinson scoring wise. Could have been an interesting series for sure and very interesting in regards to '92 that it's the Knicks being discussed against Portland since the Cavs were actually the #3 seed in the East that year and won 57 games. The Knicks were the #4 seed and finished behind the Celtics in the Atlantic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I misread. Thought the comparison was between the 93-94 versions of both players rather than the actual primes of both. I'd say Porter wins that matchup without question in that case.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In 91-92, Starks played behind Wilkins and Jackson, but came off the bench and scored 13.9 PPG. His Per 36 scoring average was slightly higher than Porter's that year (19.4 to 19.2).
That is true (and is true of their careers numbers as well), but Porter still boasts better percentages and assist numbers (though arguably by virtue of position here). Interesting how Porter's assist numbers dropped so dramatically from the years prior.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is true (and is true of their careers numbers as well), but Porter still boasts better percentages and assist numbers (though arguably by virtue of position here). Interesting how Porter's assist numbers dropped so dramatically from the years prior.

Drexler's USG% spiked that year to a career high(91-92) of nearly 29%.

After 91-92 Rod Strickland arrived started getting a lot of minutes. Cutting into Porter's Assist numbers and Porter played a bit more combo guard.