NBA League Pass Blackout rules...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Getting NBA League Pass this year...can anyone tell me how to get around the Blackouts so that I can hear some other broadcasts do the games. Are there other sports packages that are offered that can give an alternative? Thanks...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yeah. i dont see what the point would be without bulls games... damn comcast.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had League Pass last year but I don´t understand your question. What do you want to do?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
yeah i misread that too. i dont think you have a choice besides funk

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
that was the point, other choices, they should offer a deluxe package or something...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaah now I got it. No you have no channel choice. But I think when the game is on NBATV you´ll watch this. When not you watch Comcast. But I´m not sure.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think you are right, have to wait for TNT and some ESPN games, I just like a variety is all.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I did League Pass Broadband last year, and it was based on IP Address. In Missouri I would get like Hornets games blacked out I think. At my hometown in Wisconsin, which is about an hour from Chicago, only Bucks games were blacked out. Even games that were on WGN and WCIU that I could watch on TV weren't blacked out.

All NBA TV, ESPN, TNT games were blacked out. No big deal for ESPN/TNT (just turn on a TV), but the NBA TV games piss me off. No reason that NBA TV games should be blacked out.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Okay...I guess I'll pout the rest of the day...thanks for the help guys...

Kush77

Liked Posts:
League pass is gonna have some new features this year, and also with the broadband for the computer. If you get the TV version you can activate LP Broadband for free. I use LPB at work and it's great. You can watch three games at once. Then what I do is open up my firefox and Safari browsers and have 6 games going. Unfortunately the Bulls get blacked out online for me. I went to the website and it says one of the new options (probably for certain broadcasts) will have the option of listening to home or away announcers.

Get up to 40 out-of-market games a week during the regular season
Watch all the games airing in NBA LEAGUE PASS at once on the mosaic channel
Dual feeds of select games let you choose your home town announcers
Catch up on games you may have missed each day with replay games
Follow the action live online, with free access to NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband
Includes NBA LEAGUE PASS Stat Central, a live source for scores, stats, game previews and recaps
Select HD games included*

And I read that the League Pass broadband will have a DVR thing built in now so you can pause and FF the games you watch online.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Thanks man...maybe the home and away thing will happen for the Bulls, but I doubt it...sometmes I wish I had a job traveling during the winter and spring months, would probably have a better chance...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
League pass is gonna have some new features this year, and also with the broadband for the computer. If you get the TV version you can activate LP Broadband for free. I use LPB at work and it's great. You can watch three games at once. Then what I do is open up my firefox and Safari browsers and have 6 games going. Unfortunately the Bulls get blacked out online for me. I went to the website and it says one of the new options (probably for certain broadcasts) will have the option of listening to home or away announcers.

Includes NBA LEAGUE PASS Stat Central, a live source for scores, stats, game previews and recaps

And I read that the League Pass broadband will have a DVR thing built in now so you can pause and FF the games you watch online.

Yeah, they will have the DVR this year. Another new feature is that they will have every game of the NBA season available ALL SEASON.

They are really marketing it this year as watching Every Game, so I think they probably got rid of the NBA TV blackout and maybe reached a deal with TNT/ESPN to put the games on there as well (probably just showing the ESPN/TNT commercials). On the upcoming games thing, it shows the 27th games, which leads me to believe that they did indeed lift national blacklists for this year, which would be awesome.

I also like that you can do it in five separate payments this year. That will ease a lot of the financial burden.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I'm digging the installment plan.

National TV blackouts do apply.

They better not be blacking out NBA TV games this year though, especially given that they raised the price from $90 to $150!

RPK

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

They better not be blacking out NBA TV games this year though, especially given that they raised the price from $90 to $150!

That's a huge difference! You would think in these crappy economic times they wouldn't jack up their price more then 50%.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

That's a huge difference! You would think in these crappy economic times they wouldn't would jack up their price more then 50%.

They also have a plan where you pick 7 teams that you want to follow throughout the NBA season for last year's price, but you can't do that one in installments.

The full season archive thing on League Pass Broadband will be real cool though.

sebastian

Liked Posts:
Can anyone comment on the quality of the LP broadband stream? I'm thinking about getting it since I live in Portland now, but I'm not sure I can justify the expense if the quality is not appreciably better than a justin.tv stream or something similar.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you buy the premium package it´s very nice. You really can´t compare it to justin.tv

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:

Kind of funny they're marketing it with choosing your home town announcers as a pro, and I'm guessing almost everyone here is looking at that as a way to escape the Funkmeister.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't mind Funk as much as others and I like Stacey, its just that they are homers as was Dore and Kerr, I just like to hear an objectionable opinion about the team. I try not to pay Funk too much attention, but Stacey makes me laugh, so I can listen to him...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
sebastian wrote:
Can anyone comment on the quality of the LP broadband stream? I'm thinking about getting it since I live in Portland now, but I'm not sure I can justify the expense if the quality is not appreciably better than a justin.tv stream or something similar.

It depends on the source and your connection speed. At my home in Wisconsin, where we have fast as hell internet, the CSN games all came in in HD.

In the dorms, the video quality wasn't quite as good because we had slower internet.

Most Bulls games are going to be available in HD (except the WCIU I believe), especially if you can choose what source you want the game from.