NBA2K12

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is it fixed now?

I got on w/ no problems tonight.

Gotten to a point where i'm regularly Game's MVP...and my defense has really come easy to me. Over the last handful of games I'm avg'g 3 steals, 3 blocks. Is defense easy to everyone else?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
racking up assists is alot easier once i figured out how to utilize double teams,cuts,shot fakes

one game i had 18 assists

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Beat the Heat in the playoffs. Up 2-0 :D

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I got on w/ no problems tonight.

Gotten to a point where i'm regularly Game's MVP...and my defense has really come easy to me. Over the last handful of games I'm avg'g 3 steals, 3 blocks. Is defense easy to everyone else?

I find getting defensive stats really hard for me...I always figured my stats were too low, but my steal is ~80 now and I still don't really get steals. Only averaging .6 steals and blocks thus far.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always press the ball on the inbound after scoring, at least a steal a game :dunno:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I find getting defensive stats really hard for me...I always figured my stats were too low, but my steal is ~80 now and I still don't really get steals. Only averaging .6 steals and blocks thus far.

getting steals is about passing lanes and being aggressive...i get about 2 a game now...

still having issues with turnovers though...cant seem to get less than 3 a game

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
getting steals is about passing lanes and being aggressive...i get about 2 a game now...

still having issues with turnovers though...cant seem to get less than 3 a game

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that dribbling, ball security and passing are the three attributes that you should build up first...then everything else will come easier.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm starting to believe that dribbling, ball security and passing are the three attributes that you should build up first...then everything else will come easier.

ya....you should build up your shooting attributes as well...otherwise you'll have bad shooting %s....unless you post up alot

i'm to the point where i can get 25 points a night easy on good shooting...i rebound pretty well too

only issues are i foul too much and i commit too many TOs

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya....you should build up your shooting attributes as well...otherwise you'll have bad shooting %s....unless you post up alot

i'm to the point where i can get 25 points a night easy on good shooting...i rebound pretty well too

only issues are i foul too much and i commit too many TOs

Meh, starting out as long as you don't turn the ball over you can score on fast breaks and lay-ups.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meh, starting out as long as you don't turn the ball over you can score on fast breaks and lay-ups.

ya...fastbreaks are really hard to run in this game though..i do like running a fatsbreak..stop and shoot though because its so efficient

but dishing it in a fastbreak is hard as heck..guys anticipate the passing lanes really well

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya...fastbreaks are really hard to run in this game though..i do like running a fatsbreak..stop and shoot though because its so efficient

but dishing it in a fastbreak is hard as heck..guys anticipate the passing lanes really well

It's frustrating when you're underneath the basket...nearly impossible to score. I get blocked every other time when I'm 1v1 under the hoop.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's frustrating when you're underneath the basket...nearly impossible to score. I get blocked every other time when I'm 1v1 under the hoop.

Pump fake. Works most of the time for me. Or at least I get to do the up and under animation and that usually gets me a bucket or a foul.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pump fake. Works most of the time for me. Or at least I get to do the up and under animation and that usually gets me a bucket or a foul.
Get your PS3 and play again...:(

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Pump faking has been leading to turnovers for me. so damn frustrating.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk about you guys, but when I play Bill Russell's thing on NBA's greatest mode, Bill Russell sucks and Jerry West and Elgin Baylor virtually never miss. I actually lost that 3 times in a row. Lakers didn't even have Wilt at the time...wtf