NBR: Jordan Love- Highest Paid QB Ever (For now)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe, but love didnt look very promising early in his career. I'm sure they had their doubts about him and Rodgers had back to back MVPs.

How do you move on from that
Yeah, i don't know if the plan all along was to move on from Rodgers, but his age + his antics + Jordan Love being drafted + Rodgers seemingly never getting his way made it really seem like he didn't want to be there, and the Packers could go on without him.

I just feel like the whole situation was mismanaged. They held onto Rodgers for a season or 2 too long. They could have gotten a crazy return for him. And now they have to pay Jordan Love insane money for half a season of good play. If this backfires, heads might roll.

I dunno. Just thinking out loud. But it's the Packers, and we're Bears fans. Jordan Love will probably fuck us in the ass for the next 15 years and he'll end up being a bigger douche than Rodgers. 🤷‍♂️

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What does this thread have to do with fields?

You're such a fucking loser.
It's just "dissenting opinions" and he recommends you put him on ignore.

His latest "dissenting opinion" is that there's no reports on Odunze.

Dude is a self admitting felon, Putin supporter and wanted to molest @TezMaKai at an airport. Somehow he's the biggest victim on ccs though.

He's a schmuck.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Go back to that, what was, the 2021 draft I think? There was that sudden draft day rumor of Rodgers being traded to Denver for at least 3 1st round picks and likely more than that. It seemed to have a lot of smoke and then the Packers backed out.

Think on where they could be now if they had followed through. They would really know what they have in Love. They would not have any less SB appearances and with those other picks, they likely have one hell of a team around Love.

They just massively misplayed it and got scared about being the front office that got rid of Rodgers when he was still playing at a high level.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Not just blind Pecker hate, but I believe this will go down as one of the worst QB overpays in history.
As much as I want you to be right, I highly doubt it. Even if love isn’t worth the money, the team around him will carry him enough to look good. You’re paying him for what he will do. I don’t think 1 year starting should earn a top contract, but they are paying him for what he will do. I think he’s going to be very good. That’s good enough to not be considered a QB overpay, especially when just about every team overpays their QB. I just hope Caleb is better.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AAV is the same, poorly phrased title but yea his yearly is tied for the most.

Awful deal for the packers, they had no reason to pay him as he was still under contract.
He earned the highest AAV ever based off a good half season. Even rex grossman was amazing for a 6 week stretch.

He did surprise me, but I would have let him play out the year on his current contract. If he performs again then you still have the franchise tag, and at that point he'd deserve whatever he wanted.

Because you did so well with your preseason eval of Love in 2023, you're doubling down on stupid again?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Love may be worth the contract in the end but Packers got 1/2 season at a high level before having to sink a ton of money into him. That’s mismanagement of the roster by the FO plain and simple. It becomes increasingly difficult to build a complete roster if your QB is making 50 million a season.