NCAA Football 12 interview w/Ben Haumiller

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Here's my yearly interview with NCAA 12 producer Ben Haumiller.

In part 1 we talk about presentation, the coaching carousel and the custom conferences.

Part two we get into online dynasty and Road to Glory toward the end.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/insNyOIoLtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WInmDBpFyn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait to get this game, especially with the zone defense improved.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I can't wait to get this game, especially with the zone defense improved.

Me too. I just downloaded the demo. Got whooped by Alabama with FSU. But beat Texas with Oregon.

The collision tackling doesn't feel that much different to me yet - since I've only played two games. The big difference is tackling with the X button on 360.

The intros were very nice.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confused as to how the whole coach thing will work.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I'm confused as to how the whole coach thing will work.

If you want to start your career as an assistant (off. coord. or def. coord.) you'll just control that side of the ball. The game will sim the other stuff - like if you were a RB in Rod to Glory, it would sim the defense and special teams.

Then depending on how you do, you'll get job offers. Maybe to be a coordinator at a bigger school (if you started small), or get a head coaching job.

You'll create your coach with name and alma mater. One of the achievements/trophies, will be to start off as a coordinator at a 1-star school, then be hired by your alma mater as head coach.

I might to a separate dynasty and start off at a 1-star school as an offensive coord. The seasons can go by pretty quick if you're just running one side of the ball. You'll still be in charge of all the recruiting.