Need a new toy

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine buying a base model car in 2020....
This is so stupid. When discussing car prices, everyone uses base model MSRP. Literally no one kicks off a price discussion based on higher end builds or with add-ons. That's not a thing.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is so stupid. When discussing car prices, everyone uses base model MSRP. Literally no one kicks off a price discussion based on higher end builds or with add-ons. That's not a thing.

False.

Have you ever even been to a car dealership?

They always lead off by quoting the most expensive price for the highest end model with the most add-ons.

Shock and awe.... you send 90% of your customers running for the door, but the 10% who remain, you know they're serious.

This is how you sell, to a smaller group of people for less overall money.

/sarcasm (since it can drip off a post like thick maple syrup and no one notices)

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Maybe if you are a millennial tweener with no income you might notice that there is a base model.

Edit: and to be honest I'd bet if you actually wanted a bare bones base model car that most car dealers would have to order it, because literally no one buys that model unless it is a work vehicle.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think the better statement for this thread is imagine buy a fucking ford

I am not a fan of Fords personally, but that is actually a pretty slick looking vehicle. It is very reminiscent of the 70's style Ford Broncos which were pretty legit.

iu

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
False.

Have you ever even been to a car dealership?

They always lead off by quoting the most expensive price for the highest end model with the most add-ons.

Shock and awe.... you send 90% of your customers running for the door, but the 10% who remain, you know they're serious.

This is how you sell, to a smaller group of people for less overall money.

/sarcasm (since it can drip off a post like thick maple syrup and no one notices)

Come on now, I get you are being silly, but most dealerships take you directly to a decently equipped model not to some janky manual windows Am\FM radio with no floor mats base model.

And I have never heard in my entire life: "Oh, you paid 45k for that, what does the base model cost?" that is a total bullshit argument.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am not a fan of Fords personally, but that is actually a pretty slick looking vehicle. It is very reminiscent of the 70's style Ford Broncos which were pretty legit.

iu

Those were some TOUGH trucks. I want one of those more than this new thing that seems way overpriced.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe if you are a millennial tweener with no income you might notice that there is a base model.

Edit: and to be honest I'd bet if you actually wanted a bare bones base model car that most car dealers would have to order it, because literally no one buys that model unless it is a work vehicle.

Come on now, I get you are being silly, but most dealerships take you directly to a decently equipped model not to some janky manual windows Am\FM radio with no floor mats base model.

And I have never heard in my entire life: "Oh, you paid 45k for that, what does the base model cost?" that is a total bullshit argument.

I cant tell if you are being purposefully obtuse or are just Special person, but when discussing or comparing prices of vehicles it is literally always done by base MSRP. Literally always.

1595020730225.png

Here's a screenshot of just googling the damn price. There has to be a standardized way of discussing vehicle cost, that is why it is done this way. People don't just go around throwing out random prices or values for vehicles based on some subjective measurement of add-ons or upgrades, that would be ridiculous. That is only a "you" thing, and its stupid.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

iu
I think the newly designed ones do look slick, not for me tho. And ye that old one looks badass

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well @Novak do you even sell trucks
People who work in sales are objectively the worst types of human beings, let alone vehicle sales people.

So no, i have a real job, one that isn't focused around narcissism and being a lying manipulative shitbird. I save those personality traits for my social life.

CC: @Urblock

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People who work in sales are objectively the worst types of human beings, let alone vehicle sales people.

So no, i have a real job, one that isn't focused around narcissism and being a lying manipulative shitbird. I save those personality traits for my social life.

CC: @Urblock
Computer nerd

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You live in Iowa? Bunch of Tesla’s rolling around there? Lol
Actually yes to the Tesla question. To your other point, yes lots of trucks. Pretty even between chevy/Ford/Dodge.

My family owns a GM dealership so I am partial

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine buying a base model car in 2020....

I could never understand base model stripped down new car buyers.
I will buy a used top of the line with every option any day of the week.
A year or 2 from the purchase nobody will care about a year or 2 in age, and the trade in with leather, top end motor and all the goodies sells while the base model sits.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually yes to the Tesla question. To your other point, yes lots of trucks. Pretty even between chevy/Ford/Dodge.

My family owns a GM dealership so I am partial
Respect it