Nets Get Picks To Trade For Melo

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
nets trading terrence williams to the rockets and take on the contract of vujaic for the lakers.

is this terrence wiliams guy any good? i dont watch nets games, but he seems to be disfavored by the organization. he seems to put up decent stats, but he doesn't really seem like a shooter.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not bad and it's a good pick-up for the Rockets. I think he will put up better stats in an organization that has more faith in him.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Nets are preparing for a Melo trade. Even though he won't sign an extension in NJ (as of right now).

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Terrance Williams isn't very good right now and has attitude issues, but the Rockets are taking a punt that he'll work out and be a nice cheap replacement for Battier when they let him walk. The Rockets have cap space if Yao/Battier go, so cheap contracts are the order of the day.

From the Nets point of view I don't think they're going to go through with the trade without an extension, I think they hope they can convince Melo to play for the Brooklyn New Yorkers.

unpreDITKAble

Wrestling, Football, LaX!
Liked Posts:
Damn 4 first round picks is ridiculous.. LOL

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
The Nets could offer a ridiculous package. Favors, (Insert Players), 3 1st rd picks?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
idk i just can't see melo in nj...although it could very well happen...i just see him going to the knicks...idk

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
idk i just can't see melo in nj...although it could very well happen...i just see him going to the knicks...idk
Knicks are better off taking the risk of waiting for him to become a FA then trading away all their talent for him.

xCraCKz

Liked Posts:
I could care less if Melo goes to NY, or NJ, or stays in Den to be honest. I like how OUR Bulls team is performing this year and wouldn't change it. Bulls > All teams listed as possible suitors for Melo, with or without him. Nuff said

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
williams is being shipped of for a pick that's probably going to be in the late teens. The lakers pick is practically worthless, so essentially they're getting a pick 15-20 and a pick 27-30. Really are those THAT attractive?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
williams is being shipped of for a pick that's probably going to be in the late teens. The lakers pick is practically worthless, so essentially they're getting a pick 15-20 and a pick 27-30. Really are those THAT attractive?

The Nuggets are going to have a lot of roster to fill if Melo is gone. You have to figure Billups, Smith & Martin aren't going to be resigned, and with Nene only having a year left they can probably dump him too. So the more draft picks they can get to build a new roster the better.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
One problem with the NBA is that it's very difficult to rebuild.

In the NFL getting 4 1st rounders, or even 4 1st day picks would be a massive talent influx for your team. In the NBA, unless those 4 picks are in the top 15 then odds are you just got 4 guys to fill in the 7-15 spots on your roster which are fairly easy to fill in via low salaried players anyway.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I agree, late first rounders rarely turn out to be much good. But if you're rebuilding from nearly scratch like the Nuggets post-Melo you're better off having your 15 MPG end of rotation guys be 20 years old and maybe have some potential to be starters in the future than 30 year old vets.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
One problem with the NBA is that it's very difficult to rebuild.

In the NFL getting 4 1st rounders, or even 4 1st day picks would be a massive talent influx for your team. In the NBA, unless those 4 picks are in the top 15 then odds are you just got 4 guys to fill in the 7-15 spots on your roster which are fairly easy to fill in via low salaried players anyway.

Unless you're A) Kevin Pritchard! :lmao: The only man to want as man draft picks as possible. or B) The Detroit Lions, where you would pick 1-4 four WRs in a snap. :D

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I hope the Nets get Melo, and sometime before December 31st.

Im going to the Bulls-Nets game that day :)