New Mods

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Want to address a few things in this thread I just came across.

1. Sevvy's issue of me "trolling". Your definition of trolling basically described myself going back and forth for pages with people I disagreed with on topics. I was never off topic. Yes, I might call them an idiot...but I'd tell them directly why they were and back it up with data and logic based on that data. If that's trolling to you..I can't help you.

2. HawkBear- I never said CJ Beathard wouldn't get drafted, I said it would be laughable if he was because he's terrible....and he is. Want to nring up the other 15 times I pointed out his terrible performances in football games after you said he was going to play great?

3. Grimson- I don't use wikipedia for any research in terms of historical data or knowledge. Most of it comes from PFR, online journals and magazines I subscribe to and a lifelong weird obsession and ability to remember mundane shit about sports. It's pretty useless, except for posting here.

4. Spartan- I have been banned from this site twice. Once back in like 2010 for a few weeks and then once again by SilenceS a few years ago for reasons I still don't know. That temp ban was lifted, I saw the direction the site was going, and just decided to not post as much. Also, Rory and I are not the same person. Rush knows this better than anyone.

That about sums it up.

Thanks for getting this all ironed out for these guys, hopefully the clarifications will improve the overall quality of the board and reduce the vendettas.

Speaking of vendettas, will you be banning SilenceS for abuse of mod powers?

Thanks again.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:

1. Sevvy's issue of me "trolling". Your definition of trolling basically described myself going back and forth for pages with people I disagreed with on topics. I was never off topic. Yes, I might call them an idiot...but I'd tell them directly why they were and back it up with data and logic based on that data. If that's trolling to you..I can't help you.

2. HawkBear- I never said CJ Beathard wouldn't get drafted, I said it would be laughable if he was because he's terrible....and he is. Want to nring up the other 15 times I pointed out his terrible performances in football games after you said he was going to play great?

3. Grimson- I don't use wikipedia for any research in terms of historical data or knowledge. Most of it comes from PFR, online journals and magazines I subscribe to and a lifelong weird obsession and ability to remember mundane shit about sports. It's pretty useless, except for posting here.

4. Spartan- I have been banned from this site twice. Once back in like 2010 for a few weeks and then once again by SilenceS a few years ago for reasons I still don't know. That temp ban was lifted, I saw the direction the site was going, and just decided to not post as much. Also, Rory and I are not the same person. Rush knows this better than anyone.

That about sums it up.

Disagree with your trolling statement. You and Rory tag-teamed people all day long, often insulting people and thank-banging each other. Personally, I think what Rush has done is a giant mistake, not only in promoting you, but allowing some of the other boneheads around here access again. Was actually enjoying the forums more with the bans. Ah well. Will just follow twitter and breakingsports more closely.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That about sums it up.

False. I said CJ is going to get drafted in rounds 3-6. You said no way.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree with your trolling statement. You and Rory tag-teamed people all day long, often insulting people and thank-banging each other. Personally, I think what Rush has done is a giant mistake, not only in promoting you, but allowing some of the other boneheads around here access again. Was actually enjoying the forums more with the bans. Ah well. Will just follow twitter and breakingsports more closely.

Dont let the door hit you on the log out.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

What is the obsession with the bold?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

This is unfortunate for me personally, as I was looking forward to your 141st post and beyond. Being gone for years, I've missed out on your postings and you seem like a good poster.

Hope you reconsider, CCS is becoming once again the best place to discuss Chicago Sports!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What is the obsession with the bold?

A lot of people when they don't like a post, they get upset when they see that other people like the post they don't like. It can be infuriating I'm sure for those people to hate a post so much but see others actually appreciate it, underneath the post in the form of a "thanks."

Thanks.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was actually enjoying the forums more with the bans.

I think I can help out here.

You can re-ban anyone on the board you would like. Just right click on any user that is destroying your sports message board experience and select "Ignore User".

Boom!

Permabanned again!

You have the power!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You can re-ban anyone on the board you would like. Just right click on any user that is destroying your sports message board experience and select "Ignore User".

Boom!

Permabanned again!

You have the power!

But if you do that, how are you able to read their posts and have something to whinge about so you can derail threads?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if you do that, how are you able to read their posts and have something to whinge about so you can derail threads?
The hope is that you then realize that makes you even worse than the post you took issue with is in the first place, but best you just let that little function do the work for you. Technology is great like that.

#app4that

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for getting this all ironed out for these guys, hopefully the clarifications will improve the overall quality of the board and reduce the vendettas.

Speaking of vendettas, will you be banning SilenceS for abuse of mod powers?

Thanks again.
Already banned.

J/K.

1. I don't think you understand what "trolling" is...and a lot of this board doesn't. I wasn't posting something to get a reaction. I was posting because I actually disagreed with what people were saying. Just because I disagree with them for pages doesn't mean it's a troll job, it just means that we have both kept posting. I'm sorry if you thought that me arguing for pages and years that Cutler wasn't really that good was "provocative" or using mountains of stats to back up what I was saying was "trolling" and thanking people that agreed with me or I thought had good points was annoying to you, but that's not trolling and says more about you than me.

2. Your(and others) obsession with me thanking posters is fairly odd. Yes, I thanked a lot of Rory's posts. More than likely most of them. You know who else I did that with? Bearmick, Prope/Gus, gpphat, Rush, airtime, Windy City, onebud, EHC, Zack, Scoot, Novak, and some others. I hand out a lot of thanks...to a lot of people...a lot.

False. I said CJ is going to get drafted in rounds 3-6. You said no way.
Yeah..you're wrong.

Here is the thread.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/81229-Upcoming-QB-class…?highlight=beathard

I never said he wasn't going to get drafted that high. I just said he was terrible(Which he was/is). At one point you said you saw him going as high as the 2nd round. I tend not to make declarations of when guys will go in the draft in regards to predicting what NFL teams will actually do because no one knows and the NFL is fucking odd. I just say where I value guys and what I would do. The 49ers disagreed with me. Cool.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2. Your(and others) obsession with me thanking posters is fairly odd. Yes, I thanked a lot of Rory's posts. More than likely most of them. You know who else I did that with? Bearmick, Prope/Gus, gpphat, Rush, airtime, Windy City, onebud, EHC, Zack, Scoot, Novak, and some others. I hand out a lot of thanks...to a lot of people...a lot.

I notice I didn't.... sob... make the list....

:crying:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Boom!

Permabanned again!

You have the power!

I'm not sure that will be enough for Mr. Snowflake here. It appears that he wants the mods to eliminate any and all posters that get on his nerves or says something he doesn't like. He'd prefer this be a sheltered safe space where no one is allowed to criticize anyone nor have any fun. Perhaps BearsFansOnline or some other board that's run like the Supermax would be better for him?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Already banned.

J/K.

1. I don't think you understand what "trolling" is...and a lot of this board doesn't. I wasn't posting something to get a reaction. I was posting because I actually disagreed with what people were saying. Just because I disagree with them for pages doesn't mean it's a troll job, it just means that we have both kept posting. I'm sorry if you thought that me arguing for pages and years that Cutler wasn't really that good was "provocative" or using mountains of stats to back up what I was saying was "trolling" and thanking people that agreed with me or I thought had good points was annoying to you, but that's not trolling and says more about you than me.

Yeah..you're wrong.

Here is the thread.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/81229-Upcoming-QB-class…?highlight=beathard

I never said he wasn't going to get drafted that high. I just said he was terrible(Which he was/is). At one point you said you saw him going as high as the 2nd round. I tend not to make declarations of when guys will go in the draft in regards to predicting what NFL teams will actually do because no one knows and the NFL is fucking odd. I just say where I value guys and what I would do. The 49ers disagreed with me. Cool.
You are a Mod now, you dont have to explain everything you do. It's a sign of weaknesss