New Puppy

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting the breeder let you take home before 8 weeks.

Invest in bitter apple spray for teething/chewing and good luck during weeks 10-14 lol.
Their teeth are like needles

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey Knox I just showed my wife the pic. Guess who wants a puppy. LOL

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I might like having a goat. I like their funny little beards.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Have you ever even raised a colt?

CC: @Urblock
My bro in law has had horses for a long time. They reduced down to 3 when they recently moved from FL to SC and I'm pretty sure he can't wait until the remaining ones are gone. I know enough to know that I'd never want to deal with them.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My bro in law has had horses for a long time. They reduced down to 3 when they recently moved from FL to SC and I'm pretty sure he can't wait until the remaining ones are gone. I know enough to know that I'd never want to deal with them.
Paying to board them is well worth the money.
...although I might be exiting that world here pretty soon.
My lady has had horses the entire time I have known her- but after a short flight and quick stop recently, she has 6-8 weeks to reconsider her hobby.
Broken bone number 6, 7, and 8 for her lifetime tally.

Thankfully her pet monster is still quite young and has a lot more bones to break down the road, so he likely wont become a house pet.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Paying to board them is well worth the money.
...although I might be exiting that world here pretty soon.
My lady has had horses the entire time I have known her- but after a short flight and quick stop recently, she has 6-8 weeks to reconsider her hobby.
Broken bone number 6, 7, and 8 for her lifetime tally.

Thankfully her pet monster is still quite young and has a lot more bones to break down the road, so he likely wont become a house pet.
They were boarding other people's horses down here for a bit. It also made sense when their kids were younger and into horses, but just turned into a giant hassle. Not to mention broken ribs etc trying to break in the young bucks.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Interesting the breeder let you take home before 8 weeks.

Invest in bitter apple spray for teething/chewing and good luck during weeks 10-14 lol.

we don’t have her with us at the house yet. We went and picked her out and we go back to get her in a couple weeks.

interesting, haven’t heard that one...I’ll look into that spray

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
we don’t have her with us at the house yet. We went and picked her out and we go back to get her in a couple weeks.

interesting, haven’t heard that one...I’ll look into that spray

Gotcha, i picked mine out at 6 weeks too. Yeah the spray is best during teething when the puppies develop (lifelong) bad habits. I would always spray my shoes, ankles, table legs etc with the bitter spray to avoid biting and chewing. It doesn't just save your sanity when they are puppies, but it also forms their brains to realize chewing clothes and furniture isn't fun due to the taste... which has prevented my guy from foing it even when bored in his older years.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And, honestly, they are actually rather scary to me simply because of how large they are and how easily that can lead to destruction of a human if they chose to.

I am with you 100%.
On wrong move at the wrong time and you can be in a world of hurt.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love horses but haven't been on one for over thirty years. They can hurt you pretty damn fast. They are expensive. After you hit 30 they aren't so much fun.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love horses but haven't been on one for over thirty years. They can hurt you pretty damn fast. They are expensive. After you hit 30 they aren't so much fun.
Can you explain this theory you have? After you hit 30???