onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You and I are in agreement then. That even if A-Rob balled out the rest of the way, that he took half a season off would bother me to no end.
The fact that they reported that Mooney stayed after practice and worked with Fields(whilst Dalton was still the starter) and not Arob says a lot about where his head is at.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The fact that they reported that Mooney stayed after practice and worked with Fields(whilst Dalton was still the starter) and not Arob says a lot about where his head is at.

YUP. That's what did it for me.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone said take the bye week to work with the WR core., but Arob pulled a hammy, might be out for the entire time till week 11.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think his stature is really an issue. There have been plenty of dominant WR’s who weren’t big guys. Steve Smith and Antonio Brown come to mind right off the top of my head. I’m not saying Mooney will ever be that guy.

Another thing that needs to be taken into consideration is that Mooney came from a small school and is probably still learning the professional route tree. He played his rookie year with Trubs and Foles and is now in his second year with a rookie QB who is just starting to click with his receivers. None of that means that Mooney will be a premier #1. His value will also be inflated if Fields becomes a top 5 QB.
Those guys still weight 10 lbs more. I'm not excluding Mooney here. I'm saying it's more difficult to be the exception to the the rule. Tyreek Hill is another and also stronger/heavier. I doubt anyone on this board liked Mooney more than I did before the draft or after. He showed he could win contested balls in college and hasn't yet won enough of those in the NFL to declare him in that company after 1.5 years, but i get that it's early and the O hasn't helped.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So ARob was mailing it in because he was practicing with Dalton who was the starter but not staying later after practice to get reps in with the backup? ARob is a #1 WR and has been for his entire career putting up great numbers with shit QB's.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So ARob was mailing it in because he was practicing with Dalton who was the starter but not staying later after practice to get reps in with the backup? ARob is a #1 WR and has been for his entire career putting up great numbers with shit QB's.
Yes, he's got catching up to do now

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, he's got catching up to do now
It's Fields that has catching up to do more than the WR's. It's not like him and Mooney are setting the league on fire and ARob does get the most attention from DB's or at least has for most, if not all, of the first half of the season.

I'm not saying if he didn't put some extra work in with the backup/rookie after practice wouldn't of helped because it obviously would have but he was working with the starter and can't predict the starter would get hurt. It just sucks that he pulled his hammy after that last long throw down the right sideline cause him and Fields had a much better connection going in that game and we could of used him in those last seconds of the game.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It's Fields that has catching up to do more than the WR's. It's not like him and Mooney are setting the league on fire and ARob does get the most attention from DB's or at least has for most, if not all, of the first half of the season.

I'm not saying if he didn't put some extra work in with the backup/rookie after practice wouldn't of helped because it obviously would have but he was working with the starter and can't predict the starter would get hurt. It just sucks that he pulled his hammy after that last long throw down the right sideline cause him and Fields had a much better connection going in that game and we could of used him in those last seconds of the game.
Not sure your point.

Fields has better chemistry with Mooney because he put in the extra time (while practicing with Dalton). Arob didn't do that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not sure your point.

Fields has better chemistry with Mooney because he put in the extra time (while practicing with Dalton). Arob didn't do that.
That ARob shouldn't feel obligated to stay after practice with the rookie/backup QB like you guys feel he should of is all i'm saying.

I said in my post that it obviously would of made a difference for their connection if he did, but not something he had to do at that time. I'm sure the connection was stronger between the two young kids in Fields and Mooney from the start anyway.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That ARob shouldn't feel obligated to stay after practice with the rookie/backup QB like you guys feel he should of is all i'm saying.

I said in my post that it obviously would of made a difference for their connection if he did, but not something he had to do at that time. I'm sure the connection was stronger between the two young kids in Fields and Mooney from the start anyway.
He shouldn't feel obligated, Mooney shouldn't either.

Maybe Arob is desensitized by shitty/mediocre QB's, so maybe he felt he should've spent his time with Dalton?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You don't understand. There are only 4 players on the team that are good - Fields, Borum, Mooney and Roquan. Everyone else is holding Fields back. And Mooney didn't catch a ball that he managed to touch with his pinky so he is on high alert too. We need to get rid of everybody on defense except Roquan and maybe JJ, and spend all that money on offensive line and receivers. Also, for the second straight year, all the draft picks should go to offense.

This team is 32nd in the league in passing and that has nothing to do with a rookie quarterback that is struggling. He is only struggling because it was everyone else's fault, especially ARob and Mustipher (who less than a year ago was attributed as the hero of the Bears scoring 30+ in 5 straight games)

Edit: I don't agree with anything I wrote above. Meant to be sarcasm. I think the two issues holding back the offense is a rookie QB who is learning and seems to be getting better and the offensive scheme.

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You don't understand. There are only 4 players on the team that are good - Fields, Borum, Mooney and Roquan. Everyone else is holding Fields back. And Mooney didn't catch a ball that he managed to touch with his pinky so he is on high alert too. We need to get rid of everybody on defense except Roquan and maybe JJ, and spend all that money on offensive line and receivers. Also, for the second straight year, all the draft picks should go to offense.

This team is 32nd in the league in passing and that has nothing to do with a rookie quarterback that is struggling. He is only struggling because it was everyone else's fault, especially ARob and Mustipher (who less than a year ago was attributed as the hero of the Bears scoring 30+ in 5 straight games)
That has more to do with scheme, and the franchises inability to use proper foresight. Maybe Arob wanted to work with Fields, but Nagy said no

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Edit: I don't agree with anything I wrote above. Meant to be sarcasm. I think the two issues holding back the offense is a rookie QB who is learning and seems to be getting better and the offensive scheme.
Had to stop reading after 2nd sentence so i'm sorry if there was anything that needed to be read in your post.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Mooney is a great #2 but he doesn't possess the physical skills to become a gamebreaker.

If you're on the smaller side you better be super strong or super elusive. He's neither.
If Darnell can get stronger I can see him be a Antonio Brown type or Steve Smith.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mooney isn't like brown or Smith at all. They both played very strong and Mooney just doesn't have that strength. He should emulate guys like Marvin Harrison, ty Hilton and Emmanuel sanders