NFC Norris Round 1 Grades..

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
How NFC North Teams did, grading NFC North Round one picks..

Bears A+
Lions B+
Packers B-
Vikings B+

That's how I see it..

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Vikings basically gave up their 2025 draft for McCarthy and Turner.

Those guys have a ton of risk associated with them. I wouldn't mark them too high.

On the other hand Detroit played their hand very nicely.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Vikings basically gave up their 2025 draft for McCarthy and Turner.

Those guys have a ton of risk associated with them. I wouldn't mark them too high.

On the other hand Detroit played their hand very nicely.
That is 100 percent on point.

Arnold is such an awesome young guy. It’s a shame he ended up in the division. He’s a hard player not to like.

He’s versatile in coverage and likes to tackle. Plus he’ll be playing with his Alabama buddy Branch.

Minnesota was played by the Jets. I like the move for Turner a bit better but both moves were costly.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Lions, Bears, and Vikings got an A for for the first round. They each came away with the BPA by far. The lions got what some think is the best CB prospect of the draft. The Vikings got one of the 6 QBs and what some believe is the best pass rusher in the draft. The Bears got what some believe is the best QB and WR of the draft. I’d almost bump is up to an A+ for trading any draft capital to move up for these players and the Vikings down to an A- for what they gave up, which was a lot.

The Packers got an olineman who was projected for the second round, but they seem to know how to develop olinemen, so it could turn out great for them. I give them a B for now.

The north is going to be tough.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I wonder what they are thinking internally-

Is it "we are just a couple players from dominating the division"

or "detroit and green bay are far better and younger, the bears have the jump in the rebuild process, lets tear down and focus on a core group to make us relevant in 3 years"

the reality is one of the two statements above, and it isnt the first one.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Tough to tell. The Bears obviously came away with the most talent by far and did well on value as well. IMO, McCarthy isn't worth even the 10th pick in the draft but they got nice value on Turner even though they traded away so many picks to get to where they are right now. The Lions may have got the best value relative to everyone else with Arnold falling to the mid-20's and that being such a need position for them.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're just evaluating the draft itself, and not the events leading up to the draft like trades or team record etc. I think the Vikings did just fine. I am not necessarily a fan of JJ McCarthy but others obviously are. By the time of the draft he was projected to go more in the 4-7 spots, they got him at 10. They needed to get a QB and they got one that they wanted.

Turner was projected to go by many as early as 8, they got him at 17. Some think top defensive player in the draft.

Everyone has an opinion. Personally I think people conveniently use the term BPA when it fits their agenda, and the same with drafting by need. So the entire draft is drafting QBs by need and receivers by BPA.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
everything is "on paper" right now, including the Bears...

Everyone is either mocking or highfiving opinions...