Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At 31 he is a risky prospect at best. If we can pick him up fairly cheap I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him.

He isn't flashy but he is a solid tackler, has played the 3-4 and knows the system. Short term he probably would fill a need while we bring up and evaluate talent but he certainly is no long term fix.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
then if we got suh our defense would be like the nfc north globetrotters

edit: or bush

tumblr_mva6856EZx1r2x0k1o1_500.png

cobra302

Liked Posts:
He's no superstar, but seems to have been a steady player. And he has experience with the 3-4. Current Bears LB's certainly aren't household names. Sign him to a 1 year contract for $2 mil as was mentioned earlier & see how he does. I think it'd be an improvement & as far as looks go, I couldn't care less if he has an eye in the center of his forehead, as long as he can still play football. Hell, with that face, he might scare the shit out of ball carriers, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Two 'big' NFC North cuts yesterday. Surprised board posters haven't asked for Stan Bowman to sign Bush to play wing on the second line and Hawk as a 6th blue liner.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Two 'big' NFC North cuts yesterday. Surprised board posters haven't asked for Stan Bowman to sign Bush to play wing on the second line and Hawk as a 6th blue liner.

I agree, with the all of a sudden NEW love for Bush.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
There's a shortage of LBs available. They will get young guys who will be just that - young guys. Signing a decent - not great, but decent - vet who played the 3/4 to a low contract is not a bad idea.

And besides, since he cut that ******y hair off, I can hate him less. But he still looks like a caveman. Maybe he can bring his brother in law with him to play back up QB? Read he wants to make a comeback! I guess doing broadcasts with SAM ROSEN isn't enough...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
AT THE RIGHT PRICE this wouldn't be a horrible signing BC WE HAVE NO ONE WITH A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IN A 3-4.

I don't think you go 2M on him though; maybe 1 yr 1.5M or something with a club option for a 2nd yr at a similar price.

He could be useful as a bridge player/depth player w/ lots of knowledge of the defense we are installing. The difference between Bush and Hawk is that this is a real position of need for us, while RB I like our starter and I think our backup is pretty viable...and considering Forte is a good 3rd down back, what would Bush really be doing?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AT THE RIGHT PRICE this wouldn't be a horrible signing BC WE HAVE NO ONE WITH A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IN A 3-4.

I don't think you go 2M on him though; maybe 1 yr 1.5M or something with a club option for a 2nd yr at a similar price.

He could be useful as a bridge player/depth player w/ lots of knowledge of the defense we are installing. The difference between Bush and Hawk is that this is a real position of need for us, while RB I like our starter and I think our backup is pretty viable...and considering Forte is a good 3rd down back, what would Bush really be doing?
Based on what?

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm all for going younger but at least you bring up the ONLY reason to sign Hawk and that is we have no NFL experienced 3-4 backers on this team.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our backup had a 4.4 YPC, Bush 3.9

....So Ka'Deem Carey getting nearly 50% of his carries against the Packers backups in a blowout is a good way to evaluate how he'll do against starters?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Based on what?

His college performance, workout numbers, preseason performance and small number of reps so far in the NFL.

It isn't overly compelling which is why we need to give him MORE REPS THIS YR.

Bush isn't even the type of back we should be looking for if we were convinced Carey wasn't the answer....I cannot even believe we're having this argument/.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
....So Ka'Deem Carey getting nearly 50% of his carries against the Packers backups in a blowout is a good way to evaluate how he'll do against starters?

Here is a newsflash genius...not every #2 RB in the NFL has this extensive library of play against all manner of starting defenses in the NFL for many many carries. This is the #2 RBl; without giving him more carries, you can't see if he should be part of a playoff type team or not.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is a newsflash genius...not every #2 RB in the NFL has this extensive library of play against all manner of starting defenses in the NFL for many many carries. This is the #2 RBl; without giving him more carries, you can't see if he should be part of a playoff type team or not.
So how can you say he's a viable backup with no proof?!?!?

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I have no issue with Carey's performance in very limited playing time. I'm not saying he is the answer, but at least he is worth a good look by the new coaching staff. If he is not the answer, we can easily find that answer that is not past his prime, gets injured too much while fumbling too much.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
but at least he is worth a good look by the new coaching staff.
I've never said he isn't.

Can the new staff not look at Carey with Bush or any other RB on the roster? If Carey falters wouldn't you rather have a guy like Bush there as a fall back rather than cycling through some more garbage heap RB's?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think Senorise Perry has more of a chance to be a better backup RB than either of those two.

AJ Hawk is bad but he's one of those bads you can welcome in cheap as a vet when you have no clue what the currently signed guys can do in a system they're inexperienced in and probably not fit for.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I must have missed where Kadeem Carey looked bad last yr.......

People really hate them some Kadeem Carey who incidentally was a #2 RB in the NFL coming out of camp as a 21 yr old last fall.

He also had over 4200 yds rushing in a tier 1 conference by the time he was 20/21 the yr before.

Did I miss something....did Kadeem Carey get a DUI or tear his ACL?

That doesn't mean you don't bring backs in, but ones that rely on speed and will be in their 30s by the time this franchise is playoff relevant shouldn't be at the top of the list.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I've never said he isn't.

Can the new staff not look at Carey with Bush or any other RB on the roster? If Carey falters wouldn't you rather have a guy like Bush there as a fall back rather than cycling through some more garbage heap RB's?

I'd rather have a younger back that can possibly contribute when the Bears are competing for titles again.