NFL.com “it wouldn’t shock me if...” by Michael Fabiano

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't shock me if ... Trey Burton is as a top-10 fantasy tight end: Burton is in a great position to succeed with the Bears, as he will fill the Travis Kelce role in the offense of coach Matt Nagy. He's a high-upside player you can get late if you like to wait to pick a tight end.

Now everyone call me crazy again for stating trey Burton is the best TE in the NFC north

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You are crazy and so is Fabio. Burton won't get enough touches, also Shaheen will get most the red zone TD work. Not much of a chance for top 10 TE FF numbers.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
I think he will. I think he fits the offense perfect inside the 30...play action and all route trees still in play from 35 to 25...i can see Trubs, with effective WR speed on the outside ..carving up the middle with Burton and Miller...i actually believeve Burton and Miller will get the majority of TD's through the air for the team. I see 9 and 8..LOL

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not ready to give up on Shaheen. If he loses some weight, 6’06” 275 lbs last year, he could be physically and athletically identical to Travis Kelce. I don’t think Ryan Pace drafted him to just be a run of the mill blocking TE. His mobility and hands in that massive body is the same ingredient that make TE’s like Rob Gronkowski (6’06” 265lbs) and Kelce (6’05” 260 lbs) so unstoppable.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Lol at anyone who's giving up on Shaheen. Tight ends always take a few years to pan out (unless you're Rob Gronkowski). Greg Olsen had 391 yards and 2 touchdowns his rookie year, and now we all regret trading him away.

Let's wait a minute before we call Shaheen a bust.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m not ready to give up on Shaheen. If he loses some weight, 6’06” 275 lbs last year, he could be physically and athletically identical to Travis Kelce. I don’t think Ryan Pace drafted him to just be a run of the mill blocking TE. His mobility and hands in that massive body is the same ingredient that make TE’s like Rob Gronkowski (6’06” 265lbs) and Kelce (6’05” 260 lbs) so unstoppable.
Who is giving up on Shaheen? His role will be in the middle of the field. He doesn't need to lose any weight either

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Who is giving up on Shaheen? His role will be in the middle of the field. He doesn't need to lose any weight either

This. That's actually why I think Fabiano is wrong. The TEs in Chicago may split the production and there is no other TE in KC worthy of splitting with Kelce so Kelce is top ten in production while most likely neither Shaheen nor Burton will be top ten in any category as they will share more targets together than Kelce shares with any other TE in KC.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't shock me if ... Trey Burton is as a top-10 fantasy tight end: Burton is in a great position to succeed with the Bears, as he will fill the Travis Kelce role in the offense of coach Matt Nagy. He's a high-upside player you can get late if you like to wait to pick a tight end.

Now everyone call me crazy again for stating trey Burton is the best TE in the NFC north

I can see Burton having a good year but NO WAY he is the best TE in NFC North.... Graham and Rudolph will do much better than him.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Burton may be that TE in Chicago...……….It's Nagy who wanted him in that Kelce/Ertz role. I think it will be Robinson and Burton who never come off the field.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Top 10 Fantasy TE doesn't really take that much production, tbh. It all comes down to TD's for TE's in fantasy.

Witten was #10 last year with 63 receptions, 560 yards and 5 TDs.

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Pete, you’re pretty douchey.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I can see Burton having a good year but NO WAY he is the best TE in NFC North.... Graham and Rudolph will do much better than him.

Unfortunately, I think Graham is going to have a banner year playing with Rodgers. I hope I am wrong.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I think Graham is going to have a banner year playing with Rodgers. I hope I am wrong.

Yeah.... I predict Graham having roughly 650-750 yards and 8 TDs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Agree, for me Shaheen looks more like a top 10 fantasy TE as I see him as a top TE in the NFL. He was not used properly by the previous staff (more talented than Burton - though Burton will get his touches). Go watch the tape of this guy, he was always the first guy down the field blocking, hustling. This guy is going to be a good one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Top 10 Fantasy TE doesn't really take that much production, tbh. It all comes down to TD's for TE's in fantasy.

Witten was #10 last year with 63 receptions, 560 yards and 5 TDs.

The top TE in the NFC North was Rudolph with 550 yards and 8 TDs.

Fabiano is not setting a high bar.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree, for me Shaheen looks more like a top 10 fantasy TE as I see him as a top TE in the NFL. He was not used properly by the previous staff (more talented than Burton - though Burton will get his touches). Go watch the tape of this guy, he was always the first guy down the field blocking, hustling. This guy is going to be a good one.
Then why throw the big contract at Burton? Why keep Sims on the roster? Was he really "not being used properly" or was he just a small school kid not ready for Prime Time?

Not to worry though...Trey will show him how it is done.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Top 10 isnt out of the question what so ever, due to the massive drop off in FF from the elite TEs. The 10th TE on Espn 48 Catches 591 yards 6 Tds.

I expect 45-60 Cathces 500-650 yards and 5+ Tds from Burton and I expect Shaheen to also be productive and show improvement and be a weapon in the RZ

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He was top 5 last year I think so not a stretch at all

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then why throw the big contract at Burton? Why keep Sims on the roster? Was he really "not being used properly" or was he just a small school kid not ready for Prime Time?

Not to worry though...Trey will show him how it is done.

People in the NFC North are apparently still learning what a move tight end is. They keep thinking Burton is going to be playing a traditional TE role when he is merely labeled a TE. Someone said they view Burton as the TE that doesn't leave the field. Its actually not the case at all. Shaheen is the inline TE that would remain on the field. It shouldn't be uncommon to see both Burton and Shaheen on the field at the same time either.