NFL.com “it wouldn’t shock me if...” by Michael Fabiano

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I’m not ready to give up on Shaheen. If he loses some weight, 6’06” 275 lbs last year, he could be physically and athletically identical to Travis Kelce. I don’t think Ryan Pace drafted him to just be a run of the mill blocking TE. His mobility and hands in that massive body is the same ingredient that make TE’s like Rob Gronkowski (6’06” 265lbs) and Kelce (6’05” 260 lbs) so unstoppable.

Shaheen will be just mediocre, imo. He is not as physical as a Gronk and not as finesse and flexible as Kelce.

Reactions: DC

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I think both Shaheen and Burton are going to play huge roles this year, and both are going to surprise a lot of people with their production. They're catching mismatch machines and a great security blanket for Trubisky.

It's all hot air at this point, but we will see one way or another very soon.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Jimmy graham is weak AF. The dude is gonna crumble after 1 hit from Kyle ‘the hit man’ Fuller or Adrian ‘smash’ Amos.

Just wait for the weather to get even slightly chilly. He is soft. Mark my words.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy graham is weak AF. The dude is gonna crumble after 1 hit from Kyle ‘the hit man’ Fuller or Adrian ‘smash’ Amos.

Just wait for the weather to get even slightly chilly. He is soft. Mark my words.

I read this with P.O.D - Boom playing in my head.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not ready to give up on Shaheen. If he loses some weight, 6’06” 275 lbs last year, he could be physically and athletically identical to Travis Kelce. I don’t think Ryan Pace drafted him to just be a run of the mill blocking TE. His mobility and hands in that massive body is the same ingredient that make TE’s like Rob Gronkowski (6’06” 265lbs) and Kelce (6’05” 260 lbs) so unstoppable.

Not ready to give up on Shaheen? Well no shit. Who has given up on him?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My thought, too. He was a bit of a project from the start. I don’t know why he didn’t get more reps last year. Maybe there was a good reason maybe it was Fox being short sighted. But, it is really early in his career to make any definitive statements. I am somewhat optimistic that Nagy gets him involved; particularly in the red zone.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t think Nagy is very high on Shaheen in the passing attack. The strength of Kelce’s game coming out of college was as a very good in line blocker with prototypical size and sneaky speed with soft hands. He is used in every facet of the game, run/pass blocking/slot/out wide. I’m sure that’s what Ryan Pace envisioned when he drafted Shaheen.

Trey Burton is not built like those dudes or most any TE’s. At 6’02” 1/8 235 lbs, Burton is built like a power running back. Add in his short arms, and this dude is not gonna be asked to block edge rushers or get a push at the LOS. As far as blocking goes, he’ll be in the slot blocking CB’s/Safeties in space on screens and jet sweeps.

So Nagy has pretty much split Travis Kelce’s role in to 2 players, Shaheen (size/blocking) and Burton (slot/out wide). Where Pace saw Shaheen as a do it all tight end that could be lined up all over the field, Nagy sees him as a more of a 1 dimensional player.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think Nagy is very high on Shaheen in the passing attack. The strength of Kelce’s game coming out of college was as a very good in line blocker with prototypical size and sneaky speed with soft hands. He is used in every facet of the game, run/pass blocking/slot/out wide. I’m sure that’s what Ryan Pace envisioned when he drafted Shaheen.

Trey Burton is not built like those dudes or most any TE’s. At 6’02” 1/8 235 lbs, Burton is built like a power running back. Add in his short arms, and this dude is not gonna be asked to block edge rushers or get a push at the LOS. As far as blocking goes, he’ll be in the slot blocking CB’s/Safeties in space on screens and jet sweeps.

So Nagy has pretty much split Travis Kelce’s role in to 2 players, Shaheen (size/blocking) and Burton (slot/out wide). Where Pace saw Shaheen as a do it all tight end that could be lined up all over the field, Nagy sees him as a more of a 1 dimensional player.

So your're telepathic
QspK.gif

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I'll grab that fucker in the late rounds just in case. Championship!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I think Shaheen is a huge talent - he's a physical freak and potential mismatch.

He's got good hands too - hardly had a chance with Fox throwing the ball so rarely and him despising rookies, but caught nearly everything that was thrown his way. Other factors are playing at a position which often takes time, and coming from a small school. I think he could be a huge factor this year in Nagy's offence.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
1 out of every 4 passes Shaheen caught was a touchdown. So.... 60 catches = Superbowl!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It wouldn't shock me if ... Trey Burton is as a top-10 fantasy tight end: Burton is in a great position to succeed with the Bears, as he will fill the Travis Kelce role in the offense of coach Matt Nagy. He's a high-upside player you can get late if you like to wait to pick a tight end.

Now everyone call me crazy again for stating trey Burton is the best TE in the NFC north

I can see him ending up top 10 for sure. Don't know if it will happen but definitely could especially if he's used in so many different ways like has been rumored to be.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who is giving up on Shaheen? His role will be in the middle of the field. He doesn't need to lose any weight either

Yeah i was wondering who it was that has already given up on him. I know we have plenty of haters on here that just hate on anything Bears but any logical Bears fan should still have plenty of faith in Shaheen. Fox and Loggains somewhat hurt his growth by how little he was used last year so he still has plenty of growing to do especially being from a small school which hurts some cause he's not even close to being used to the kind of competition he's going against in the NFL but i still have all the faith in him and think he's gonna be just fine but it's gonna take more time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This. That's actually why I think Fabiano is wrong. The TEs in Chicago may split the production and there is no other TE in KC worthy of splitting with Kelce so Kelce is top ten in production while most likely neither Shaheen nor Burton will be top ten in any category as they will share more targets together than Kelce shares with any other TE in KC.

But KC didn't have any other TE with the potential that Burton and Shaheen have and Kelce is a top 2-3 TE no matter what team he's playing for. I think Burton beats out Shaheen in every category next year cause he can do so much more then Shaheen can. Shaheen will get some TD's and some catches and yds but Burton will get the most playing time.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They don't even play the same position, really. Burton is a TE in name only.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If Shaheen goes through a bit of a body transformation he could turn out to be fantastic. 6'7", 280lbs, excellent measurables, great hands. If he doesn't get a lot of touches this year then Nagy is failing as a play caller.