NFL Draft - Day 2

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. Who’s your 3 picks for today? What positions if not the players?

With the 32nd pick, in the 2023 NFL Draft… the Chicago Bears select… Chase Claypool. wide receiver, Notre Dame.

I think Poles goes Edge, DT and then OC

But he might skip on a Center. I just hope he doesn’t think Whitehair is the answer.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
So if the bears stand firm, they'll have the 22nd pick of the 2nd round as their 1st of the 2 picks. They're probably going to have to trade up to get one of the 5 remaining top DL available in Isaiah Foskey, Adebawore, Tuli Tuipoluto, Keion White, or Derek Hall. Although if a run of non-DL were to happen and Poles at least gets to choose from 2-3 of these names, I wouldn't complain.

This is where the 'trade down clown' nonsense from last night bothers me, because the return yesterday should have been more than just a 4th NEXT year. Doubt that pick alone is going to propel you from 22nd pick of the 2nd round to top 10 of the 2nd round in case DL start going like hot cakes and Poles needs to make a move for one.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Tuli Tuipoluto remains my favorite DL prospects outside of the first round, so my hope remains that he falls to Chi!

A center would be fantastic, JMS or Tippmann, come on down!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Ok. Who’s your 3 picks for today? What positions if not the players?

With the 32nd pick, in the 2023 NFL Draft… the Chicago Bears select… Chase Claypool. wide receiver, Notre Dame.

I think Poles goes Edge, DT and then OC

But he might skip on a Center. I just hope he doesn’t think Whitehair is the answer.
Keeanu Benton
Zach Harrison
Corey Trice

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
All the high rated centers are still available

Joey porter prob best db available

If they want dline I think they need to trade up
If Chi already had the pass rush, I would say trade up for Joey Porter Jr and dont look back. Right now though, that really should be the Steelers pick at 32.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles admitted they called up last night just to see and was very open about maybe trading up today.

If they trade up I assume it’s for a 3 tech. AA and Keion, and Benton seem like the most obvious targets.

Would love if they could get Schmitz. He may be there at 53.

TE could be interesting. There will be good talent there but it’s not an immediate need.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Quick impressions:

There are a ton of CBs left with value: Porter, Cam Smith, Ringo, Turner, Clark, Brents, Martin, Tomlinson, Kelly, Williams, Clark. I think one of these guys will be a Bear.

DL is thinning out but I'd guess one or two of these guys will be a Bear: Adebaware, White, Benton, Tuli, Foskey, Hall, Wooden, Horton, Young. Ojulari.

I'd expect a run on C sometime in round 2, but I also expect one will be there at 61 or 64: JMS, Tippman, Wypler. I think they might wait on this if JMS and Tippman are gone.

Would not be surprised to see TE, as Mayer, Musgrove, Laporta, and Washington all still there. Might be a little bit of a run here early as well.

WR is thin right now, much more value towards the 3rd and 4th imo.

The OT market is barren.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Quick impressions:

There are a ton of CBs left with value: Porter, Cam Smith, Ringo, Turner, Clark, Brents, Martin, Tomlinson, Kelly, Williams, Clark. I think one of these guys will be a Bear.

DL is thinning out but I'd guess one or two of these guys will be a Bear: Adebaware, White, Benton, Tuli, Foskey, Hall, Wooden, Horton, Young. Ojulari.

I'd expect a run on C sometime in round 2, but I also expect one will be there at 61 or 64: JMS, Tippman, Wypler. I think they might wait on this if JMS and Tippman are gone.

Would not be surprised to see TE, as Mayer, Musgrove, Laporta, and Washington all still there. Might be a little bit of a run here early as well.

WR is thin right now, much more value towards the 3rd and 4th imo.

The OT market is barren.
I am so glad Poles took the tackle he wanted when he did. Now lets see him get the center that will anchor the center of the line for two contracts!

Washington at TE is such a big target. I know my head is in the clouds a bit wanting to see him play for Chicago.

I dont think Poles pulls the trigger on CB in the second round. Purely conjecture, but if the best players on his board are DBs, I think he trades down.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How many rounds are today and when does the drafting start up again?