"NFL Experts" are not expert, or they would be working in the NFL

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I see headlines all the the time with the term "NFL Expert" or "Expert" says...well you all can fill in the blanks. The last two months these "experts" have been predicting the imminent firing of coach Eberflus, or the Bears will start Tyson Bagent the rest of the season. Why are these proclamations wrong, there are two main reasons. One is that the sports media are just whores that will turn anything into a headline for clicks. Two, they are not actual experts. I looked back at this years draft, and ESPN's NFL Nation made their final choices for the first round, the day before the draft, they got a total of two correct out of 31 picks. There is a narrative that is running through the Bears world that Kevin Warren is taking over, Poles, Flus, and Fields will get the boot, and the Bears are picking a QB with the fiirst pick. All of this narrative is absolute bullshit (no offense to bulls), not that some of it might not happen, but the people who are saying they know, don't. Yet it is the mainstream of sports blogs. I will wait for actual news, to base my thinking on. When the Bears announce their plans, I will believe them

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
People oftentimes leak things in the media to show their plans for whatever reason.

Back in 2015 the Bulls made it known than Thibs needed to make and maybe win the finals to retain his job and Fred Hoiberg was going to take over.

Warren becoming more involved in football ops makes sense when you realize Eberflus has had two major blemishes on this record with Alvin Williams and the RB coach. Additionally it has been leaked that we're talking about Harbaugh - he knows Harbaugh and if he's comfortable working with him/helping manage the relationship between him and Poles - that would be beneficial because Poles is young and Harbaugh does have some intricacies to himself that would need to be managed.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I can see your reasoning, I think one thing that's often overlooked is how much time it takes to be an NFL coach. You literally work like 20 hours a day during the season, and while the off-season is a drop-off, it's not that much of a drop-off. That is not to say that the TV bloatheads who didn't play or coach the game know their asses from a hole in the ground or are necessarily smarter than your average Joe.

I do give more credence if someone actually played or coached though, and the more recently they did either, the more I at least consider what they have to say.