NFL fandom map

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I find the split in Iowa between Bears/Packers/Vikings in that diagonal stretch interesting... seems so randomly spread across

And I think Arizona is a lie

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That map. :lmao:

Falcons enjoying some Tapas before game day.

B0i6chrIAAAAm1P.jpg

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
Map is incredibly flawed. Not sure how Twitter has any "data." Based on people talking about a team? That doesn't make them fans of them, they could be bashing and saying negative things about them.

The Facebook model is more reliable because it goes off of people "liking" the teams.

As someone who lives in Iowa, that is not even close to reflective of the state. The entire eastern half of the state of Iowa is Packers/Bears....Vikings are a distant, distant third. And the lower eastern half of the state there are easily more Bears fans than Packers fans. The FOX affiliate there typically plays the Bears over the Packers if they play at the same time; obviously they are going by which team brings in better ratings for them, meaning the Bears are the more popular team. The Facebook model reflected pretty accurately what I see in this state, with the Bears taking most of the counties on the eastern half. The Packers take the far north eastern corner, and the Vikings take the far north and the northwestern part of Iowa where there is practically no population. Something like 90% of Iowa's population is east of I-35 - Des Moines, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Quad Cities. According to the Facebook map, every single one of those cities is Bear country.

63c28326d.png

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Map is incredibly flawed. Not sure how Twitter has any "data." Based on people talking about a team? That doesn't make them fans of them, they could be bashing and saying negative things about them.

The Facebook model is more reliable because it goes off of people "liking" the teams.

As someone who lives in Iowa, that is not even close to reflective of the state. The entire eastern half of the state of Iowa is Packers/Bears....Vikings are a distant, distant third. And the lower eastern half of the state there are easily more Bears fans than Packers fans. The FOX affiliate there typically plays the Bears over the Packers if they play at the same time; obviously they are going by which team brings in better ratings for them, meaning the Bears are the more popular team. The Facebook model reflected pretty accurately what I see in this state, with the Bears taking most of the counties on the eastern half. The Packers take the far north eastern corner, and the Vikings take the far north and the northwestern part of Iowa where there is practically no population. Something like 90% of Iowa's population is east of I-35 - Des Moines, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Quad Cities. According to the Facebook map, every single one of those cities is Bear country.

63c28326d.png
i think you and me are soul bros.. My Bros and me are diehard springsteen fans..

Have you heard the like 18 min version of New York serenade??? Shit was so beyond epic prob greatest experience of a song I ever heard: I got chills first time I heard it.

Cheers fellow bruce fan

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
i think you and me are soul bros.. My Bros and me are diehard springsteen fans..

Have you heard the like 18 min version of New York serenade??? Shit was so beyond epic prob greatest experience of a song I ever heard: I got chills first time I heard it.

Cheers fellow bruce fan

I have. Great stuff!

Also, the night they played the entire The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle album at the Garden was EPIC.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice try, Mick. We all know if you go North of London you'll be in the North Sea.

B3ky1bU.jpg

Amazing. Why makes these maps? they have London about 100 miles NE of where it actually is. They have it in Norfolk. Not as bad as Spain, but bad none the less.

:obama:

Da Bears

Liked Posts:
According to that map, where I live in Nebraska is Broncos fans, but I have seen more Chiefs and Bears fans here than Broncos fans.
Where do you live Willis? I live in Lincoln seems split here between Chi; Gb; Kc; Den; Min; and some Det love because of Suh. I always enjoy the Bears fan nod when out in my gear. Beerme where you live also?

Sent from beyond the grave using all new and improved tapatalk 27

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Amazing. Why makes these maps? they have London about 100 miles NE of where it actually is. They have it in Norfolk. Not as bad as Spain, but bad none the less.

:obama:

i think you and me are soul bros.. My Bros and me are diehard students of cartography..

Have you looked over the later works of cartographer César-François Cassini de Thury? Shit was so beyond epic prob greatest experience of maps I have ever seen: I got chills first time I seen them.

Cheers fellow maps fan.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
i think you and me are soul bros.. My Bros and me are diehard students of cartography..

Have you looked over the later works of cartographer César-François Cassini de Thury? Shit was so beyond epic prob greatest experience of maps I have ever seen: I got chills first time I seen them.

Cheers fellow maps fan.

Screen-shot-2013-04-19-at-09.41.54.png

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where do you live Willis? I live in Lincoln seems split here between Chi; Gb; Kc; Den; Min; and some Det love because of Suh. I always enjoy the Bears fan nod when out in my gear. Beerme where you live also?

Sent from beyond the grave using all new and improved tapatalk 27

I'm in Aurora, mostly KC fans. This whole state is certainly all things Nebraska though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Cheers fellow maps fan.

Not that I'm aware of, but you've given me something to get my teeth into this weekend :)

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cheers fellow maps fan.

Well if you are as hardcore cartog as you say bro, surely you have read
map_web-300x463.gif
! Shits off the hook.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well if you are as hardcore cartog as you say bro, surely you have read
map_web-300x463.gif
! Shits off the hook.

meh, me and my bros are more purists and don't get into that hipster riffing on actual cartography. once you start mixing in geology and stuff like evolution, you get away from the real EPIC shit of basic geography and how the best artists put maps together...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe there's a regional map showing NFL fandom there? I'm sure Edinburgh and the Lothians are Bears all the way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ondon-2014-map-ahead-of-Wembley-showdown.html
That's actually an interesting question. I wonder what parts of Europe and the world cheer for certain American sports teams. I know the Bulls have a pretty heavy worldwide following (or at least did). Italy loves Kobe, so I can see them favoring the Lakers.

Mick, find that information.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The shrinking Bears fanbase due to decades of irrelevance, what a disaster!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's actually an interesting question. I wonder what parts of Europe and the world cheer for certain American sports teams. I know the Bulls have a pretty heavy worldwide following (or at least did). Italy loves Kobe, so I can see them favoring the Lakers.

Mick, find that information.

I actually tried to find a UK map of NFL fandom yesterday.

I failed.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh, me and my bros are more purists and don't get into that hipster riffing on actual cartography. once you start mixing in geology and stuff like evolution, you get away from the real EPIC shit of basic geography and how the best artists put maps together...

Im starting to think you dont even map brah! Nothing tighter than a geomap. You probably dont even contour lines. :cool:

Da Bears

Liked Posts:
I'm in Aurora, mostly KC fans. This whole state is certainly all things Nebraska though.

No doubt about that. I am originally from St. Louis.. The love of Nebraskans have for everything Nebraska takes some getting used to. Driving also.. After spend most my life driving in St.Louis and visiting Chicago 3-4 times a year. I am by far the biggest asshole on the road here.

Sent from beyond the grave using new and improved tapatalk 27