dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Na, it should never have come down to Mitch needing to take the team down the field in 2 mins and hope for a 43 yard field goal against a very average team with a bad defense. The Bears were completely out coached. And as Chris Long said it the 2018 Bears were “soft”.

An NFL kicker missed a 43 yard field goal to win a playoff game. That's definitely on the kicker.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
An NFL kicker missed a 43 yard field goal to win a playoff game. That's definitely on the kicker.

The point is, it should never have come down to that. The coaching was terrible. That game should have been a blowout but somehow the Bears needed a final drive to try for an 43 yrd field goal. Nagy didn’t have that team ready to play and the playcalling was atrocious.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The point is, it should never have come down to that. The coaching was terrible. That game should have been a blowout but somehow the Bears needed a final drive to try for an 43 yrd field goal. Nagy didn’t have that team ready to play and the playcalling was atrocious.
I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget the defense wasn't really prepared that game either. My memory is escaping me on who it was, but I remember a missed assignment in the end zone, 10 men on the field for two consecutive plays in the red zone, and I believe (though may be/probably wrong) a really bad penalty that gave a big time first down.

All that said, and again I agree with you on Nagy, Parkey should have made that kick.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I agree with what you're saying, but let's not forget the defense wasn't really prepared that game either. My memory is escaping me on who it was, but I remember a missed assignment in the end zone, 10 men on the field for two consecutive plays in the red zone, and I believe (though may be/probably wrong) a really bad penalty that gave a big time first down.

All that said, and again I agree with you on Nagy, Parkey should have made that kick.

Yep the Defense did have some disappointing plays. Remember the Foles floaters that were completed every time. Ewww

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I give the OP’s grades......D-

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
But it did and 100’s games have. There is no script that these games follow. The other team is there as well and are trying to win just as much. The team got in position to win the game....and the kicker missed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Character: A
Collaboration: A
Culture: A

Don’t @ me

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or maybe a missed field goal.

Missed by a kicker that Ryan Pace paid 9 million guaranteed to, so that he could not cut him despite him missing 10 kicks in the regular season.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Read the Good book with Virginia and went to church on Sundays: A
Brown nosing: A

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
These are my top 5 GM responsibilities of a GM and grades from each for Ryan Pace

1) Win games - Grade = F
After 6 seasons he has including playoffs 42 wins and 56 losses for a winning percentage of 42.9%. In those 6 seasons, he only has 1 winning season, 4 losing season and 1 8-8 season. The is well below mediocrity.

2) Solidify the QB position - Grade = F
The misses here are a total joke. Started out by signing Mike Glennon a career backup for $18M guaranteed. Pace said he wanted to draft a QB every year and hasn't. Traded draft capital to move from 3 up to 2 and took Trubisky instead of Mahomes or Watson. Then traded a fourth rounder for Nick Foles which hasn't worked out which is strike 3. Instead of even taking a swing at a QB in the draft late and having some young talent to develop, year after year we bring back Tyler Bray who is 29 years old.

3) Hire the correct coach - Grade = D
Well we have two coaches here John Fox and Matt Nagy. John Fox went 14-34 with his best year his 1st year at 6-10 followed by 3-13 and 5-11 obviously not what fans want to see. Next we have Nagy who is 28-22 including the playoffs. We did have our magical 2018 season of 12-4, but it is pretty obvious that the defense carried that team. Our current team seems to lack accountability which all starts with the coach. Once Fangio left, our defense has been on a steady decline.

4) Kill the draft - Grade = C
My grade is probably a little high just to the fact that he traded up for and traded draft capital for Mitch Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson and hasn't drafted a developmental QB in 6 years.

2015 - WR Kevin White (first round, 7th overall), NT Eddie Goldman (second round, 39th overall), C Hroniss Grasu (third round, 71st overall), RB Jeremy Langford (fourth round, 106th overall), S Adrian Amos (fifth round, 142nd), T Tayo Fabuluje (sixth round, 183rd). Kevin White need I say more?

2016 - OLB Leonard Floyd (first round, ninth overall), G/C Cody Whitehair (second round, 56th), DL Jonathan Bullard (third round, 72nd), Nick Kwiatkoski (fourth round, 113th overall), S Deon Bush (fourth round, 124th), CB/S Deoindre' Hall (fourth round, 127th), RB Jordan Howard (fifth round, 150th), S DeAndre Houston-Carson (sixth round, 185th overall), WR Daniel Braverman (seventh round, 230th overall). Can't trade up and end up with Leonard Floyd as the 9th pick.

2017 - QB Mitchell Trubisky (first round, second overall), TE Adam Shaheen (second round, 45th overall)
, S Eddie Jackson (fourth round, 112th), RB Tarik Cohen (fourth round, 119th) T Jordan Morgan (fifth round, 147th). Jack$on was a steal, but once he got paid he has been terrible.

2018 - LB Roquan Smith (first round, eighth overall), G James Daniels (second round, 39th), WR Anthony Miller (second round, 51st), LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe (fourth round, 115th), DL Bilal Nichols (fifth round, 145th), OLB Kylie Fitts (sixth round, 181st), WR Javon Wims (seventh round, 224th). Actually love the Roquan pick and Daniels and Nichols are solid but traded up for Miller

2019 - RB David Montgomery (third round, 73rd), WR Riley Ridley (fourth round, 126th), CB Duke Shelley (sixth round, 205th),
RB Kerrith Whyte (seventh round), CB Stephen Denmark (seventh round, 238th overall).

2020 -
TE Cole Kmet (second round, No. 43), CB Jaylon Johnson (second round, No. 5), OLB Trevis Gipson (fifth round, No. 155), CB Kindle Vildor (fifth round, 163rd), WR Darnell Mooney (fifth round, 173rd), OL Arlington Hambright (seventh round, 226th), OL Lachavious Simmons (seventh round, 227th)

5) Manage the cap / sign the right free agents at the right price - Grade = D-

2015 - WR Eddie Royal (3/$15 million, $10 million), S Antrel Rolle (3/$11.25 million/$5 million), OLB Pernell McPhee (5/$38.75 million/$15.5 million), DT Ray McDonald (1 year, $1.05 million), LB Mason Foster (1 year/$825,000). McPhee was okay, but not worth $39M

2016 - LB Danny Trevathan (4 years, $28 million, $12 million guaranteed), OT Bobby Massie (3/$18 million/$6.5 million), CB Tracy Porter, LB Jerrell Freeman (3/$12 million/$6 miillion), DL Mitch Unrein, WR Marc Mariani, DL Akiem Hicks (2/$10 million/$5 million), S Omar Bolden, OL Ted Larsen, OL Josh Sitton (3/$21.75 million/$10 million). Hicks was a steal, Massie over paid, Sittion was solid but probably paid too much for him.

2017 - QB Mike Glennon (3 years/$45 million/$18.5 million guaranteed), WR Markus Wheaton, DB Quintin Demps (3/$13.5 million/$4.5 million), TE Dion Sims (3/$18 million/$6 million), WR Kendall Wright, OL Tom Compton, DB Marcus Cooper, DB Prince Amukamara (1 year, $7 million). Glennon and Sims terrible mistakes.

2018 - WR Allen Robinson (3 years, $42 million, $18 million guaranteed), WR Taylor Gabriel (4/$26 million/$14 million), K Cody Parkey (4/$16 million/$9 million), QB Chase Daniel (2/$10 million, $7 million), TE Trey Burton (4 years/$32 million/$18 million), OLB Aaron Lynch. Gabriel paid too much, double doink, terrible Burton signing.

2019 - RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson (2 years/$10 million/$5 million guaranteed), S Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix (1/$3 million/$500,000 guaranteed), CB Buster Skrine (3/$16.5 million/$8.5 million), RB Mike Davis (1/$6 million/$3 million). Overpaid Patterson, but at least he brings it every year. Skrine okay bu overpaid.

2020 - OLB Robert Quinn (5/$70 million/$33 million), TE Jimmy Graham (2/$16 million/$9 million), G/T Germain Ifedi (1 year, $910,000/$137,000), DE Mario Edwards (1 year, $1.6 million). The Quinn signing his really trashed the salary cap. Now we don't have enough cap space to sign a QB or #1 wide receiver next year.
I stopped after your grade for winning. He inherited an old shitty roster and had to turn it over, which he did very well, except for OL and QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I stopped after your grade for winning. He inherited an old shitty roster and had to turn it over, which he did very well, except for OL and QB.

The defense was shitty

The offense had more talent than we have now.

He stripped the offense down and built a defense which in 2021 is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Missed by a kicker that Ryan Pace paid 9 million guaranteed to, so that he could not cut him despite him missing 10 kicks in the regular season.

He was a good kicker before we got him which is what any GM has to go off of.......oh shit my bad, i forgot you seem to think that if they are a GM then they somehow should see the future. Too bad you can't see around that hate to understand common sense. You used to be able to do that. Oh well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The defense was shitty

The offense had more talent than we have now.

He stripped the offense down and built a defense which in 2021 is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

Yeah so stupid to have a great defense these days cause the Saints, Rams, Balt, Pitt and Tampa sucked this year. Haha