NFL Network saying everyone in the league expects Deshaun Watson has played his final snap with #Texans.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be honest I wouldn’t do that. Watson is better obviously with all the experience but Fields is/was a better prospect as a QB, IMO.

I’d take the Watson like prospect for 5 years on the rookie contract. I also think Fields is a much more dynamic athlete and runner, and goes through his 2nd/3rd progressions better than I’ve seen any young QB in a while
True. Fields while not only being significantly bigger, with a stronger arm, is also significantly faster. 2/10ths of a second faster than Watson in the 40...even when stumbling.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m a huge Watson fan and wouldn’t do that. Fields will be at a reasonable cap price for the next four years. We need to get out of a few bad contracts and build around him while he’s on his rookie deal.

From an economical stand point that makes since but only if Fields turns out to be the real deal. Going off of what I’ve seen I think he will be but no guarantees.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He is probably looking at a long suspension and possibly a contract termination due to misconduct.

He will have the opportunity to play again and hopefully he will get his life straightened out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting suspended for a year?

Wow. It's not a criminal case, right?

If he settles a civil case, and as far as I know there's no smoking gun evidence. I realize it's he said versus 22 different she said...

But are we suspending players with no hard proof? What if he settles out of court and gets a non-disclosure from the plaintiffs?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields has more upside than watson ever did.

I'd keep fields. If he gets to be as good as watson is yet to be seen, but he's got the potential to be even more dynamic of a player than watson minus the terrible personality.

The more I'm digging into fields and the more I see that a lot of the scouting reports were bullcrap, the more I'm inclined to agree with you on this one.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If he settles a civil case, and as far as I know there's no smoking gun evidence. I realize it's he said versus 22 different she said...

But are we suspending players with no hard proof? What if he settles out of court and gets a non-disclosure from the plaintiffs?

I don't know how legit it is but I also heard that some of the women were bragging about it and also reaching back out to him for another round so I don't know how legit any of this is or if the poor guy just made some poor life decisions that exposed him to some stupidity and got himself railroaded by a parade of gold diggers with a shady lawyer in search of a payday tying them all together.

Speed

Liked Posts:

He has some criminal complaints in there too, and supposedly some of the women DON'T want to settle.

Short of getting cleared of all wrongdoing I don't see how he won't be considered radioactive for teams to touch during the fallout (especially in this political climate), but I guess we'll see.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Big Ben and Ezekiel Elliot were both suspended as well. No criminal cases

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big Ben and Ezekiel Elliot were both suspended as well. No criminal cases
I wasn't sure if this was unprecedented.

I know guys have gotten suspended when there's video evidence. I'm not sure what Elliot did.

Again, no smoking gun evidence that I'm aware of. I'm trying to remember if Kobe Bryant ever got suspended.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't sure if this was unprecedented.

I know guys have gotten suspended when there's video evidence. I'm not sure what Elliot did.

Again, no smoking gun evidence that I'm aware of. I'm trying to remember if Kobe Bryant ever got suspended.

"Despite the lack of legal ramifications, the NFL holds the right to punish players even without charges due to its personal conduct policy"

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
It's gonna be weird us not arguing about QBs next season.
Lmao don't get ahead of yourself bro, we'll find a way to argue about Dalton vs Foles Vs Trubisky in a death match where the objective is to hit water with the football while falling out of a boat in the middle of Lake Michigan.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lmao don't get ahead of yourself bro, we'll find a way to argue about Dalton vs Foles Vs Trubisky in a death match where the objective is to hit water with the football while falling out of a boat in the middle of Lake Michigan.
Maybe YOU will. I will not. Or at least i hope i wont. But really, it'll be a major change of pace(no pun intended) on many of us being in agreement on supporting a QB.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Maybe YOU will. I will not. Or at least i hope i wont. But really, it'll be a major change of pace(no pun intended) on many of us being in agreement on supporting a QB.
I was only kidding!