NFL Pick'em League

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have the best record, but I'm in 3rd. My confidence blows haha

Lol, you , SERE, and I all have better records than Ditka but his confidence must be pretty darn good.

I think having the best record though is probably better than points in my book.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol, you , SERE, and I all have better records than Ditka but his confidence must be pretty darn good.

I think having the best record though is probably better than points in my book.

I agree. The confidence points thing is almost a guessing game at times.

For example, I could pick, let's say the Chiefs and Cowboys to win. I pick them to win because, well, I think they're going to win. In between the Cheifs and Cowboys, though, are 3 other teams that I think are going to win. I just as confident in these teams as I do the Cowboys and Chiefs... so which team do I assign which number? Idk. So the Chiefs could get a 4, and the Cowboys could get a 9... but like I said, I would be equally confident in both of them. So the Chiefs go on to win and the Cowboys go on to lose, and that screws me over.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Adding confidence points is better than not. Adding spreads is better than no spreads. Adding Spreads and Confidence is better than all.

That said, It's great we have so many continuing to make picks weeks in and week out.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't mind spreads.... or even confidence points. I just think some of the confidence points is luck/random. I just find myself going like, "uhh... I guess 5 for them.... 8 for them... 3 for them..." But I'm equally confident that 3-8 are all gonna win. Then obviously, the ones above 8 I actually am more confident and the 1 and 2 I'm less confident... Someone else could feel the same way, but because they assigned the larger number to the right team, they get a higher score.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Can work the opposite way too. Pretty much I don't have any ties when I do it. I might mix it up for one reason or another, but I have the 8 team ahead of the 7 team because of the confidence I have in them.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the confidence points are a great idea when you have so many people in the pickem pool but I just suck at assigning the point values.

Either way its fun.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the confidence points are a great idea when you have so many people in the pickem pool but I just suck at assigning the point values.

Either way its fun.

Yeah, I agree it is best to have them. What I ment by my post is that I'd rather have a better record than a higher confidence point total.

Either way , I'll have both in 2 more weeks so no one has to worry :buttrock:

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh in that case you can kiss my ass as you pass me by :flipa:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I jumped 5 spots by going all in on a thursday night. Surprised more didn't have full confidence Tampa is toast.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you lapped me, raskolnikov, you rascalnikov

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I really screwed up and only gave Carolina 1 point, and I dropped down 3 spots. I'm pretty sure I'm a dumbass

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone take the Rams to beat Seatle this week?

A bit too much of an upset for me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone take the Rams to beat Seatle this week?

A bit too much of an upset for me.

I looked at your picks yesterday and I lol!!!!! well done nostradamus. well done. I was headed for a two loss day with only the Cowboys and Steelers losing, but reversed my pick to falcons and vikings last second and ass fucked myself for no good reason.

I actually like the Rams team other than QB. They have some pieces there, and an upset wouldn't surprise me. Maybe I will take it to try and gain ground.

And Seattle is overrated, I did it. I think I have a 40% chance to win, not a 1%.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before this game starts, I want to expound on why I would go against every analyst and picker for this game.

1) Any given Sunday
2) monday night is opposite night
3) Primetime home game
4) Rams have won 2 in a row?
5) Their secondary is fantastic, but started slow. Jenkins and the Agitator are a good duo that can take it back.
6) They won't be bullied, draft picks into the d-line equip them to stand up to the run and Wilson. Long and Brockers are keys.
7) They have offensive weapons just no running game.
8) this is Kellen Clemens chance at the NFL, first impressions tonight will last.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Seattles defense is as good as any I have seen since 1986. They are the truth, but they still have weaknesses and schematic flaws and tendencies to exploit like any combination of player and scheme does.
2) Russell Wilson is the most overrated player currently in the NFL. I say that thinking the perception is he is the best young QB, and invinciple. I think he is more frustrating than good, but the rams rise to the occassion tonight.

Hoping for a close game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yeah....and steve fisher.

Nice 46 pressue he just drew up. Quit chasing Wilson with DE's!!! I just saw the future, well done Rams. Well done Fisher. Gotta spy an extra safety or corner on Wilson and take your Lynch poison. Just more momentum for the big nickel when the rest of the league sees this tape.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
talking to myself, but I will go ahead and say my mistake was envisioning Kellen Clemens as a spark, and not as a Harry Carry dagger to the heart and twist.

They have done everything they needed to to be in this game, other than the penalties and the two terrible interceptions they could have an early lead. One good drive and it might be 10-0 rams at the half.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
talking to myself, but I will go ahead and say my mistake was envisioning Kellen Clemens as a spark, and not as a Harry Carry dagger to the heart and twist.

They have done everything they needed to to be in this game, other than the penalties and the two terrible interceptions they could have an early lead. One good drive and it might be 10-0 rams at the half.

Clemens was just aweful. They should have won that game. Why in the world he didn't run it in when Jake Long got the penalty is beyomd me.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Rask, I think this was a good week for most though. Oakland came through big for me in a few ways this week.

Monk you are spot on, Clemens should have won that game for the Rams but then again... back ups are back ups for a reason.