NFL schedule leaks concerning the Bears

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I suppose but a bit risky considering Fields hasn't played a snap yet. I guess they could flex out of Green Bay (SNF) & Minnesota (MNF) games that are late in the season if need be. Believe this is the 1st year they can start flexing out Monday Night games.
Unless you have a proven superstar on offense, they're all risky imo. This just tells me that the NFL expects the Bears to be an exciting watch. I dont think Andy Dalton is having them in that many primetime games, especially after the defense took such a step back last season.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
What prime time games do we know so far? Rams, Pitt, GB. Is SF? Also I must have missed the minny game being leaked as prime time.
Those 3 plus hosting Minnesota on Monday Night in Week 15. So 4 primetime games plus the Thanksgiving Day game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Leaks? Are people really that giddy over the nfl schedule?
Thank you! Man, I don’t get it.
Leaking that the Bears maybe play SF in Week 8?
How can I focus at work when they said “maybe”?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL must really believe that Fields will be starting for the Bears this upcoming year. All these primetime games is a bit too much just for Andy Dalton

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
i love all the prime time SNF and MNF games....can enjoy Sunday games and focus on some betting and fantasy football.....and enjoy Bears game on it's own later. thank you Justin Fields. i guess the NFL is also pretty excited to market you i mean Chicago is a pretty huge market for them and entire Midwest really.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Those 3 plus hosting Minnesota on Monday Night in Week 15. So 4 primetime games plus the Thanksgiving Day game.
And depending on how Bears are playing, there might be some flexed games later in the season.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
How is it possible the Bears have the toughest schedule in the NFC? I thought this was all based on where you ranked in your division from the previous year, which means the Packers should have a harder schedule? Somebody help me understand.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is it possible the Bears have the toughest schedule in the NFC? I thought this was all based on where you ranked in your division from the previous year, which means the Packers should have a harder schedule? Somebody help me understand.

Only two (or is it three now?) games are based on ranking.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
i would be kinda shocked if Fields starts week 1 at LA vs that defense. his very first game you're gonna let Aaron Donald go after him? eek. i get the "if he won the job he won the job and should start week 1", but i'd doubt he does. even if he's clearly the better QB in practice, they'll give coach speak say they want him to learn playbook better and they feel great with Dalton. maybe mention really tough road game vs great defense is a hard situation for any QB, let alone a rookie's first game. i'm guessing we see Fields by week 4 or 5. study film, learn playbook, watch from sidelines how an NFL QB operates and calls plays and runs huddle and communicates with Nagy. i think letting him sit 3-4 games can be a big advantage and learn so much before diving in. but he should def be starting by week 5 i dont care what our record is at that point.
1. The first time Nagy's Bears faced the Rams, Donald was a non factor.
2. Fields is gonna have to play against a solid D at some point. Why are so many of you writing him off as a loser than can't face good defenses? What if he goes out there and dominates Donald and their D?

If he looks amazing in camp and Bears just sit on him to give Dalton time to bumble away the season, you're gonna lose the team.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The Buccs won it all last year and they have the easiest schedule in the NFL. Nothing makes sense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
When the Bears were good under Lovie, we would get 5-6 primetime games a year. And probably another handful of 3:15 games. Remember Urlacher complaining that we didn't have enough noon games?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Once again they give us 4+ prime time games all on the road. Puts the team at a huge disadvantage, and sucks for season ticket holders.

of course the packers get 4 home primetime games...

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Once again they give us 4+ prime time games all on the road. Puts the team at a huge disadvantage, and sucks for season ticket holders.

of course the packers get 4 home primetime games...
With fans back in the stands this year road primetime games do make it a bit more difficult to win. Crowd is usually lubed up and energized at a different level.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So from the schedule leaks so far, looks like the Bears have the Bye Week in Week 10 or 11

Could be a good spot to bring Fields in if they do want to hold him back to let him learn behind Dalton, and maybe have the O line settle into shape.

Ready to go against the Lions on Thanksgiving!!

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
1. The first time Nagy's Bears faced the Rams, Donald was a non factor.
2. Fields is gonna have to play against a solid D at some point. Why are so many of you writing him off as a loser than can't face good defenses? What if he goes out there and dominates Donald and their D?

If he looks amazing in camp and Bears just sit on him to give Dalton time to bumble away the season, you're gonna lose the team.
1. lol ok Donald is a non factor, just the most dominant d lineman in our generation
2. yes i know he will play good defenses, there's still a lot of benefit to letting him sit a few games and adjust to NFL game planning and playbook and speed of game, seeing it in person. have zero clue why you saying "writing him off as a loser" lmao what? stop making up shit man.

i know you're excited, we all are. but let's acknowledge there could be some benefits to letting him see a NFL game plan for a few weeks before giving him keys to the team.

also, a little respect to Dalton. i know it doesn't mean much, but guys remember that kinda stuff. vets see it. we'll need Dalton rest of season to be Fields mentor in that QB room and during games being sideline coach.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
1. lol ok Donald is a non factor, just the most dominant d lineman in our generation
2. yes i know he will play good defenses, there's still a lot of benefit to letting him sit a few games and adjust to NFL game planning and playbook and speed of game, seeing it in person. have zero clue why you saying "writing him off as a loser" lmao what? stop making up shit man.

i know you're excited, we all are. but let's acknowledge there could be some benefits to letting him see a NFL game plan for a few weeks before giving him keys to the team.

also, a little respect to Dalton. i know it doesn't mean much, but guys remember that kinda stuff. vets see it. we'll need Dalton rest of season to be Fields mentor in that QB room and during games being sideline coach.
Ok, but you also then have to acknowledge the benefits of starting Fields day 1 IF he is mentally ready for the NFL. If that part of his game is up to speed there is no reason to not start him. Also I will go back to something Payton Manning once said that you learn nothing by standing on the sidelines, you only learn from game experience. Manning had a horrible rookie year, but he learned from it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

1. The guy you replied only said Donald was a non factor the first time Nagy faced him. Which is true, he was shut down that game. He never spoke about Donalds overall career.

2. If Fields is the best QB during the offseason, what is the benefit of sitting him? The only way your going to adjust to NFL game planning, speed, playbook, etc is by playing in the game.

Who cares about giving respect to Dalton. He was signed as a one year rental. The Bears owe him nothing. Players want to win and they want the best players on the field. If the Bears can’t trade Foles than he will be the mentor on the sideline.