Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope. I'd rather try to get a young backup QB from someone else. Josh Dobbs has been learning behind Big Ben and they just drafted Mason Rudolph. I'd try to get him. If he can do anything it's throw a beautiful deep ball.

Idk, I'd rather have a QB who won a Super Bowl and made a pro bowl.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace should stay away from any developmental QB's. Foles would be a great addition if Mitch continues to to struggle and shows no improvements

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Idk, I'd rather have a QB who won a Super Bowl and made a pro bowl.

He's reached his peak, already contemplated retirement and I think he'd fall flat on his face with a different team. He looked flat out terrible against the Falcons.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's reached his peak, already contemplated retirement and I think he'd fall flat on his face with a different team. He looked flat out terrible against the Falcons.

Both teams and QBs looked bad that game. Philly still won.

Also, I'm not talking about Foles at the long term answer at QB.... but if it worked out that way and he played well, then awesome.

He'd be more of a legit stop gap while looking for the next young QB to draft, if Trubisky didn't pan out.
He has led one team to the playoffs back in 2013 and another to a Super Bowl win last year. You can't ask for a better stop gap than that.

Washington

Liked Posts:
A very intriguing thread. The team has to believe it has a D that is a differentiator in the league. Add a mid-tier O to that it could be enough to win it all in today's day and age of parity. Having a solid backup sure paid off for Philly (and Minn) last year. I'd have to vote yes. But, I would want to hear both Pace and Nagy say the QB competition is open and the best player will play.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I dont see how we can afford Foles. He's gonna want big bucks. He's the Superbowl MVP. Thinking 15-20 million.

I just don't see it. We'd be cutting somewhere...

If at the end of the this year Pace thinks the only missing piece is Foles to get to Superbowl, than it appears Bears could be in the mix for Foles.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Foles would make a ton of sense if Mitch keeps busting. Shouldn't cost too much and can hold it together while they develop their 3rd rounder.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If defense is what wins why is everyone so worried about QB. Cohen can play QB.
Orton got us to the post season. Grossman got us to a Super Bowl. Exactly how bad are you planning on Mitch being? If for some reason we need to actually use an offense in spite of conventional CCS wisdom Nagy just needs to back his system off until Mitch is competent again.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not ready to close the book on Mitch just yet, but as of right now I am very disappointed in what I have seen with his development. I don't think he is playing bad, after all he is completing ~70% of his attempts and isn't making bone headed mistakes. However he seems very uncomfortable in this offense. Almost, like he is afraid of making mistakes i.e. Tyrod Taylor. I think the offense is very complex and Nagy may be a genius at drawing plays up, but may not be a very good play caller for a young QB. I am afraid that at the rate Mitch is developing he is not going to be proficient in this offense for another couple years. The team just doesn't have that kind of time. I hope that he wakes up one day and it just clicks, he starts anticipating the plays before the routes develop and the whole game slows down for him. I honestly think if week 8-10 if he is still playing like he is now and still looks like he is not grasping the O then the team need to make a decision to move on.

I am not trying to make excuses for him, but the O Line is playing pretty poorly. If that unit was good I think it would be much easier for him to stand in the pocket and develop as a passer. With no 1st round picks the O Line is probably be a 2 to 3 year project to improve. LT is average LG is shit C is Good RG is inconsistent may above average, and the RT is below average. That line needs 3 or 4 new starters. To bad our 2nd Rd pick cant outplay Kush to win a job. Do you guys realize how many rushes Howard makes that he is contacted before the LOS, or how many passes are at or behind the LOS? Those are both caused by the O-line not performing.

Without a first Rd pick and a average to below average O Line a Rookie QB is kinda a long shot for a answer. Foles could be the best available FA, but im not buying a ticket to that train until at least week 8. Hopefully the light bulb comes on for Mitch or Nagy makes some adjustments.