Nick Foles refused trade back to Eagles from Bears

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmm... I don't think the story is true.

Think about it...

I think it's obvious Foles wants to play.
He would have a far better chance to play for the Eagles (the only team in the NFL that wants him) than the Bears.

It's not really in Foles character to tell the Eagles, "If you trade for me, I'll refuse to show up!"

I just don't buy it.
Plus the Eagles are the only team this journeyman has ever had success with. Is he really going to say, no, I don't want to play with that team that I had my best years with?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
"the Chicago Bears were looking to move on from the veteran signal-caller after his none-too-impressive 2020 campaign"

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bears have the most depth at the QB position this year <All NFL>.

In an ideal setting a teams starter gets hurt and they pay assets for a vet rental and the bears have 2!

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing. Dude clearly has an NFL arm, but I watched a couple games of his and he did not have to throw into the kind of windows he'll see in the NFL.

Maybe he did have to throw into tight windows a few times and I missed it, but after Lance I'd agree that he has the biggest bust potential of the first round QBs

I like Wilson’s arm talent. Dude is magical when it comes to off platform throws but yes. What you said. That’s a staggering leap in competition.

I think Lance’s bust potential is mitigated by Shanahan and having a seasoned starter in front of him.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Gotta think he doesn't want to tarnish his image in Philly. He goes back and sucks and it's not quite the same. Kind of like watch Jordan with the wizards.

Of course, he is also looking at getting paid quite well to probably not play at all. Imagine he is number 2 for a few weeks and then third after that. So barring an early injury, probably doesn't have to pay attention to anything this year.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like Wilson’s arm talent. Dude is magical when it comes to off platform throws but yes. What you said. That’s a staggering leap in competition.

I think Lance’s bust potential is mitigated by Shanahan and having a seasoned starter in front of him.
I don't know, I think the Lance pick was Shanny sniffing his own farts. Dude has a high ceiling but of the first round QBs, he has the longest way to go to be ready to succeed. Lance fell into the best situation of the first round QBs, but there's a huge body of work that's gotta happen for him to take the next step.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Getting Foles off the roster would have been nice. He is a massive waste of resources and a roster spot.

I thought the Jets would make sense, but they seem happy with 0 QBs with NFL passes.
I'd rather get rid of Dalton and keep Foles.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know, I think the Lance pick was Shanny sniffing his own farts. Dude has a high ceiling but of the first round QBs, he has the longest way to go to be ready to succeed. Lance fell into the best situation of the first round QBs, but there's a huge body of work that's gotta happen for him to take the next step.
The media tour after the draft pretty much says it all. Shanahan fell in love with a guy who likely won't start for 1-2 years. Ego 100% drove that trade up.

Pittston Bear Fan

Liked Posts:
I think Foles will start on pup. If Fields is ready by the deadline , they can cut Dalton , to pick up the 5 th round comp pick we lost by signing him. And Foles will be the back up